I forgot to mention.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes okiedowser, I agree, this is getting to be disgusting. That's just how things degrade to such a low level with this caliber of a skeptic as seen in SWR. But keep the faith for just a short while longer. He knows he is in trouble with this question so he's being rhetorically deceptive and evasive is all.

SWR: Wrong, you have not answered my question but have attempted to dodge it by giving an answer to a question that was not asked. However, your lengthy answer at first glance seems to answer correctly, but in fact does not. It's just a rhetorical trick on your part is all and politicians do it all the time .

For my question, a simple and straight forward "yes" or "no" answer is all that is needed. Just one word is all.

Now, yes or no. Is water everywhere?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
http://pubs.usgs.gov/gip/water_dowsing/pdf/water_dowsing.pdf
WhereCan IFindOutMoreAbout
WaterDowsingandGround
Water?
The only comprehensive report on water
dowsingpublishedbytheU.S.Geological
Survey is The Divining Rod, A History of
WaterWitching,byA.J.Ellis,publishedas
USGS Water-Supply Paper416 in 1917and
reprinted in 1957. This report contains
detailed information and includes references
to several hundred papers on the use
How Did Water Dowsing Begin?
Cave paintings in northwestern Africa that
are 6,000-8,000 years old are believed to
show a water dowser at work. Divining rods
were also used by the Scythians, Persians,
and Medes. Most accounts, however, by
Greek and Roman naturalists and scientists
do not mention the use of a magic rod,
although they do give

Just plain kicked thier butts
http://twm.co.nz/dowsing_jse_com.html
http://www.water-diviner.com/articles3.htm
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_does_a_water_dowser_work
While an adequate water supply is not a major problem in most industrialized nations, it is estimated that water pollution is responsible for some 80% of all diseases in Third World countries. Lack of high quality drinking water affects approximately two billion people on a worldwide scale and is a problem that is growing, according to the United Nations.
The enormity of this problem led the German government to initiate a long range program via the GTZ(Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Technische Zussammenarbeit or German Association for Technical Cooperation) to explore innovative water detection methods in arid regions. Motivated by both the high cost and modest success rate of purely conventional hydrogeological methods, the GTZ project teamed geological experts, experienced dowsers and a scientific group led by Professor Betz to monitor and evaluate the results.
The outcome was striking. An overall success rate of 96% (by dowsers) was achieved in 691 drillings in Sri Lanka. Based on geological experience in that area, a success rate of 30-50% would be expected from conventional techniques alone.
But the overall success rate is not the only indication that the dowsing phenomenon is of considerable practical use. According to Betz, what is both puzzling but enormously useful, is that in hundreds of cases the dowsers were able to predict the depth of the water source and the yield of the well to within 10 to 20 percent. We carefully considered the statistics of these correlations, and they far exceeded lucky guesses.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SWR: Wrong, you have not answered my question and are the one who is deaf.

At a certain time in the near future, you will need to come clean and answer my simple question straightforward without trying to dodge, stall, switch, or de-rail to another subject through rhetorical trickery, deception or articles etc. At that time which I have picked, if you still have not replied with a simple “YES” or “NO” to my question, from then on, I will ignore your posts. Also, for those dowsers who are monitoring this conversation, I would encourage you to ignore him also after that time.

I firmly believe that because of the seemingly large appetite you have for the attention from others, be that attention based on good or bad, truth or error, right or wrong, the worst thing that can happen to you is to be ignored. The clock is now running.

Answer my question with a simple “Yes” or “No” or eventually be ignored, at least by me.

Yes or No. Is water everywhere?

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OKI: SWR's silence is so loud its ringing my ears.

What I am going to do is if he goes beyond my set time limit to answer my question, I will then switch to a set number of his posts for his answer. After that, if he still fails to answer a simple “yes” or “no” like he has in the last few posts, I will then ignore his posts completely. So it’s either time or number of posts. Matters not to me.

If he's planning to run out the clock, he can. I'll just switch to a set number of posts to receive a simple "Yes" or "No" answer only.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SWR: That's once. You still haven't my question and the clock is still running.

"Yes" or "no", is water everywhere?

OKI: Here’s my take on dowsing.

It’s true that dowsing is not scientific, nor functions well in the scientific model skeptics like to use. There’s nothing wrong except everything in saying prove dowsing works in a "scientific double blind test". My opinion is that the ability to locate a particular object in a particular spot previously unknown goes to a 7th sense that Einstein seems to points to when he said: "I know very well that many scientists consider dowsing as they do astrology, as a type of ancient superstition. According to my conviction this is, however, unjustified. The dowsing rod is a simple instrument which shows the reaction of the human nervous system to certain factors which are unknown to us at this time."

No, he did not say the 7th sense, but that is exactly what I think he inadvertently pointed to. The key he points to is in our nervous system which we all have.

Yes, centuries ago and even in some circles today, dowsing was seen by the church in a superstitious light. Thus the term “Water WITCHING” was pinned on it. Many other things were seen in such light including the world was flat and the sun revolves around the earth and if you said otherwise, you were branded a heretic. In some countries it was even against the law to dowse and punishments for doing it were harsh. However, the Spanish Conquistadors were known to bless their rods so as to “Christianize” them. I often smile when I think of them doing that. They weren't confused at all but had total and unwavering faith in the method and it's outcome. In some cases their very lives depended on it.

So, if the 7th sense is in our nervous system, and the nervous system being what it is under pressure when dowsing in the environment of a double blind test, the tension from the pressure of “I’ve just got to do this or else I will not win the prize and will be scoffed at,” literally forces the 7th sense mechanism to clam up, if you will. From that point on it makes it almost impossible for it to function properly.

I don’t pretend to know this for a fact and I certainly cannot prove it. It’s just how I see it. In short, I think Einstein was pointing in the right direction.

What’s your opinion OKI?

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OKI; Great post. Thanks.

SWR: That's twice. You're running out of time.

SWR: "Yes" or "no" Is water everywhere?

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SWR: That’s three times. You are now out of time for answering my simple question.

From here on out, I am going to ignore you and will not respond to any of your posts. It’s seems you believe nothing, hope for nothing, and have faith in even less. The irony of it is you are clearly smarter than this. Perhaps if you shifted your energy and efforts to a more positive outlook on things, you could be a fantastic and outstanding mentor for many. You might consider getting professional counseling to see what the fix might be. BYE.

ART: I really liked your post that shows the report that “led the German government to initiate a long range program via the GTZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Technische Zussammenarbeit or German Association for Technical Cooperation) to explore innovative water detection methods in arid regions. Motivated by both the high cost and modest success rate of purely conventional hydrogeological methods, the GTZ project teamed geological experts, experienced dowsers and a scientific group led by Professor Betz to monitor and evaluate the results.

The outcome was striking. An overall success rate of 96% (by dowsers) was achieved in 691 drillings in Sri Lanka. Based on geological experience in that area, a success rate of 30-50% would be expected from conventional techniques alone.

But the overall success rate is not the only indication that the dowsing phenomenon is of considerable practical use. According to Betz, what is both puzzling but enormously useful, is that in hundreds of cases the dowsers were able to predict the depth of the water source and the yield of the well to within 10 to 20 percent. We carefully considered the statistics of these correlations, and they far exceeded lucky guesses”.

You are absolutely correct; the results are a total butt kicking.

I like all of the report and especially the last paragraph. WOW. As I said earlier, I knew of this event, have thought about it from time to time but didn’t know where it could be found. Thanks again for posting it.

If I may, I’d like to share something with you. For many years, without any first hand knowledge, I was a skeptic and would always say about dowsing: “Sure, right on brother. Did you also know horses have feathers and elephants fly?” It wasn’t many times, but dowsing just didn’t interest me at all.

The change came for me when my cousin showed me how he dowsed for water to supply his 40-acre ranch with water in Southern Utah. Then and there I decided to find out the truth by and for myself. So I picked up a couple of coat hangers and started dowsing for metals. I had been in metal detecting many years before that so finding metals was what I am interested in. My dowsing brought targets so fast, my back started hurting from all the digging. After having dowsed 300 + times, (I stopped counting at 300). All together, my hit rate is above 99%.

What’s more, while on vacation and traveling through four states, I stopped and dowsed in places I never knew existed or even seen before. Each time and every time there was a target under my rod crossing.

I’m glad people are learning about dowsing as it’s worth it. I love dowsing and I promote it whenever and wherever I can.

After I figure something out about posting pictures on this site for map dowsing purposes, I am going to ask someone who is a map dowser if they will kindly take a few moments and help me with it.

rebel003

Feb 17, 2011
Winston, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok guys let’s look at this from an outside perspective. I am a prospector; I search for heavy minerals mainly gold. I hunt for gold in areas that I know produces gold yet still there are times I find little or none at all, does this mean all prospectors are fakes? NO, this means that you can be dead on and still miss the target. Are there scientific processes that govern how we prospect? Yes, are they always correct? No. Do I have to validate my ability to prospect to give validity to my statements? Hell No!
What should matter is that we are trying to do something we enjoy and go on with our lives…

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~ rebel003...~
What should matter is that we are trying to do something we enjoy and go on with our lives…
You are 100% correct..I have been prospecting for gold for over 30 years..I have used most of the equipment known to man in my quest...I have had many hobbies in my 71 years and when they were no longer enjoyable I said goodbye to them...Art

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Reb: FANTASTIC POST. I have thought about prospecting in the past, but never took it up. Still might do it anyway. I live in Arizona and dry washes are everywhere. My thing, among others is, I love going to old ghost towns. I have found railroad spikes in mountain area where one time a mining town was and unless one knew there had been a mining operation there before they entered the area, they would miss it.

You know, there's just something magical about going in and seeing those kinds of places and I am sure you feel the same way about your prospecting. I think there is jsut as much thrill in the hunt as there is in finding things. The find is like the icing on the cake, so to speak.

I am somewhat new to dowsing (three years) and in addition to finding things, am learning lots of good things about it. What's just as important also, my wife and I have plans to visit many exciting areas, some of which are very remote and almost completely unknown, even to the local population.

I recently went to an old pony express station called "Simpson Springs" up in central Utah, where a few miles west of it a stage coach robbery took place back in the late 1800's. Gosh, it seemed like I was walking on sacred ground. The hair on the back of my neck even stood up. You say our hobby is enjoyable? WOW, you are right on target. I couldn't have said it better.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey lesjcbs...It is all part of a great hobby...Not knowing what is just over the hill or around the next bend on a two track road is exciting. You never know what you are going to find...Here are a few photo’s of La Plata Nevada...Art

Attachments

• Diexie Valley 002.jpg
    Diexie Valley 002.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 413
  • Diexie Valley 012.jpg
    Diexie Valley 012.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 415
  • Diexie Valley 004.jpg
    Diexie Valley 004.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 425
OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can anyone out there who is a map dowser dowse this picture for me to see if a target is here? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• mod.jpg
    mod.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 434

rebel003

Feb 17, 2011
Winston, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
lesjcbs said:
Hey Reb: FANTASTIC POST. I have thought about prospecting in the past, but never took it up. Still might do it anyway. I live in Arizona and dry washes are everywhere. My thing, among others is, I love going to old ghost towns. I have found railroad spikes in mountain area where one time a mining town was and unless one knew there had been a mining operation there before they entered the area, they would miss it.

You know, there's just something magical about going in and seeing those kinds of places and I am sure you feel the same way about your prospecting. I think there is jsut as much thrill in the hunt as there is in finding things. The find is like the icing on the cake, so to speak.
Arizona has some great gold that has not been found, "caution" if you start looking for gold it is very hard to stop. I agree the thrill is in the chase for sure, not knowing what in the next shovel full keeps me going back.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sheesh, I have yet to go after gold but I am already hopelessly hooked. LOL.

ART: I just found out that you are a Map Dowser. Could you please dowse the picture I posted just before this post for me please. Thanks.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I am getting Silver religious artifacts in a natural cave..Please note that I have been having some problems with my map dowsing of late but I think it is now coming back ..Art

Attachments

• mod.jpg
    mod.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 445
  • mod.jpg2.jpg
    mod.jpg2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 418
OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ART: WOW Thanks. That's fantastic. How did you do that??

I can't tell how large the square area is that's marked in yellow in the bottom picture. I can only see the upper right hand corner of the yellow box. Any chance of showing the total box or is the area the size of the yellow box and the bottom corner of the picture? Thanks.

10claw: He's trying to get in and from his number of tries (if that is him knocking and banging on my door) I hope he hates every second of being ignored. I warned him that unless he came clean, I would ignore him, yet he did not. I like keeping my promises but more than that, to the other side of the issue, I don't like being called a liar by someone who doesn't personally know me. That's just not right and in a certain way I feel sorry for him. Like dealing with a spoiled bratt.

Notice how quiet it got all of a sudden. NICE.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just quickly looked at it but will check it out for sure. Thanks.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OKI: WOW FANTASTIC. Here is a close up of that same area. I hope this will help you better pin point the target?

Thanks in advance. Les

Attachments

• GS CASHE.jpg
    GS CASHE.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 424

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread