Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aarthrj3811 said:
~SouthJerseyJim~
Couldn't be more off topic. LAME
What a mouth full
This forum is limited to the discussion of simple, inexpensive (or FREE!) devices and techniques. That means NO discussion of electrical devices of any kind. Feel free to discuss L-rods, Spanish dip needles, map dowsing, and other dowsing related subjects.

Because of past experience with similar forums, I will not have much patience in the forum, so if you veer off topic you just might find your post deleted and your permissions restricted.

Clearly stated by LES [dowser] after his dowser thing , hes uses a electrical devices called a MD to retrieve targets. That means this whole post needs to be removed then. Seems to be 2 sets of rules here.
By the way what does SAND DUNES have to do with dowsing? Delete yourself while your at it.

tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lesjcbs said:
Jim: Oh, I am very much on topic and my question is not a dodge. Your answer shows you know nothing about what witchcraft is any more than you know what dowsing is all about.

Yes I believe that "snake thing" story as you say. Absolutely. It's in the old testament of the Bible at Number 21:8 which says: “And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.”

It goes on to say Moses made the snake image out of brass.

Anyone who says Moses was practicing witchcraft at that time knows nothing about witchcraft or what it is. Further, for that same person to say dowsing is a form of witchcraft is a show of ignorance.

Now if you don't believe in the bible, then it doesn't matter either way.

Had I been there and had been bitten by a snake, I would have looked at the image. Would you have looked or would you have said it won't work. Many on scene had a negative attitude about it, simply because it didn't fit into their known scientific knowledge at the time.

Once you get past the notion that only valuable things found while dowsing proves dowsing works, you will then understand what Shakespeare meant when he wrote in his play Hamlet the following: “There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.”

That would have to be the most twisted interpretation of religious text i ever heard.By the way if one of the deadest land snakes in the world did bite your blind faith wouldn,t save your butt. Shakespear didn,t mind spending the spoils of his writings so what are you talking about.

tinpan

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
tinpan said:
lesjcbs said:
JerseyJim: My question about that was: Is that a form of witchcraft?

Just for you later after i get back from my trip , i,m going to get a shovel and dig around my clothes line without the use of a md or any other treasure seeking device . Just to show you EVERY BACK YARD has common item lost. Going to prove that dowsers are just bunch of lying dirtbags.

tinpan

How the heck does that prove dowsers are liars? :icon_scratch:

Dude, I think you been messing around in the home pharmacy waaaaay too much.

If you go digging around your clothesline, yep...there is a chance you will dig something up. But all it will show is that you either never detected your yard or.... (this is probably the one) you just suck at metal detecting and you missed the stuff before.

:D

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim: Oh yes, Shakespeare said that and much more in his many plays he wrote.

In the early American colonies, some women were tried and convicted of practicing witchcraft and were eventually burned at the stake. Later it was discovered the reason they were acting strange is because they had eaten a certain species of mushrooms, which caused them to act the way they did. Had they stopped eating those mushrooms, they would have been OK. In fact, it happened in your part of our country.

Some have said that dowsing is a form of witchcraft. That label came from Martin Luther in 1518, which was a time when it was finally being discovered the world was not flat. Before that, to say otherwise could get you into some serious trouble. It was also a time when just about anything and everything that was not fully understand was labeled as devilish or witchcraft.

In some circles, that type of thinking still exists today. What's not understood is often feared and labeled devilish. Tinpan recently posted a picture of a green witch. What do you think he is saying about his so-called modern scientific up to date thinking by doing that? Is his thinking really in the present or does his thinking date back 493 years ago?

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lesjcbs said:
Jim: Oh yes, Shakespeare said that and much more in his many plays he wrote.

In the early American colonies, some women were tried and convicted of practicing witchcraft and were eventually burned at the stake. Later it was discovered the reason they were acting strange is because they had eaten a certain species of mushrooms, which caused them to act the way they did. Had they stopped eating those mushrooms, they would have been OK. In fact, it happened in your part of our country.

Some have said that dowsing is a form of witchcraft. That label came from Martin Luther in 1518, which was a time when it was finally being discovered the world was not flat. Before that, to say otherwise could get you into some serious trouble. It was also a time when just about anything and everything that was not fully understand was labeled as devilish or witchcraft.

In some circles, that type of thinking still exists today. What's not understood is often feared and labeled devilish. Tinpan recently posted a picture of a green witch. What do you think he is saying about his so-called modern scientific up to date thinking by doing that? Is his thinking really in the present or does his thinking date back 493 years ago?

That was nothing more than a joke at your expence. Seems you don,t eat what your willing to serve up to others, Got your panties in a twist Sissy

tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EddieR said:
tinpan said:
lesjcbs said:

Just for you later after i get back from my trip , i,m going to get a shovel and dig around my clothes line without the use of a md or any other treasure seeking device . Just to show you EVERY BACK YARD has common item lost. Going to prove that dowsers are just bunch of lying dirtbags.

tinpan

If you go digging around your clothesline, yep...there is a chance you will dig something up. But all it will show is that you either never detected your yard or.... (this is probably the one) you just suck at metal detecting and you missed the stuff before.

Thats funny coming from you. You claim to have used numerous brands of mds [listed under your profile] Yet for all the time you have been T-net you posted how many finds with md in todays finds.LESS than a handfull. What would call some-one who lists numerous mds and doesn't use them ?

By the way if ask for a pizza with the lot do get a free ghost. GHOST HUNTER and Best of all just a trouble maker.

tinpan YOU cannot hide from the facts recorded on this site

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ED: I see you quoted tinpan in your post #610 and your reply. You are making me laugh again

Hey, you know what, I didn’t realize it until now but, you are right, he does suck at metal detecting. He really likes to thump his chest and talk about his Minelab Detector. Fact is, he would think his detector is broke if he were here where I am.

Another fact is his Metal Detector is not able to pick up the direction to a target that is 30 yards (90') away like I was able to do while dowsing. See my post #155.

Just because he lives near or on one of the hottest places to find gold in all of Australia, he thinks he’s a real treasure hunter. He’s like the camper who takes his $500,000 motor home with all the same amenities you find in a regular home and claims to be really roughing it.

You’re right; he’s been spending tooooooo much time in his local pharmacy.

Good post.

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
tinpan said:
EddieR said:
tinpan said:
lesjcbs said:

tinpan

Thats funny coming from you. You claim to have used numerous brands of mds [listed under your profile] Yet for all the time you have been T-net you posted how many finds with md in todays finds.LESS than a handfull. What would call some-one who lists numerous mds and doesn't use them ?

By the way if ask for a pizza with the lot do get a free ghost. GHOST HUNTER and Best of all just a trouble maker.

tinpan YOU cannot hide from the facts recorded on this site

Do you REALLY think that everybody on here posts pics of ALL their finds? Good grief.

Sure, I use many brands of detectors...I have 2 models that I recently acquired that I haven't listed on there, an Ace 250 and a White's MXT. So??? Now you make the claim that I don't use them. How about showing the proof of your claim?

Next, we come to the part of your post which I'm supposing refers to me owning a pizza parlor and being a paranormal investigator. The reason I say "supposing" is because your sentence is so full of gibberish I am only guessing. Lay off the home pharmaceuticals and try again.

And yes, you seem to be a troublemaker. I agree. ;D

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think were all about argued out. I do like pizza though and worked in a shop a while back. Good stuff!

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
SWR said:
SouthJerseyJim said:
I think were all about argued out. I do like pizza though and worked in a shop a while back. Good stuff!

Pretty much so. One can only handle a certain amount of BS.

I will be visiting that posters pizza franchise in the near future... and post an unbiased opinion of their franchised product.

Believe it or not, I'm looking forward to meeting you, SWR.

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
SWR said:
SouthJerseyJim said:

Pretty much so. One can only handle a certain amount of BS.

I will be visiting that posters pizza franchise in the near future... and post an unbiased opinion of their franchised product.
unbiased?????????? :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome back.

Hello:hello:and welcome back to this years online dowsing debate. Lets hope this will be as exciting and fast moving event as the one we had last summer here in the Northern Hemisphere. It ended when everyone saw the dowsing skeptics running fast over the horizon :laughing7: . Their shorts were tightened real tight up in and between their Gluteus Maximus cheeks and they were slobbering all over their computer keyboards after taking a beating :violent1: they never experienced before. :laughing7:. The mistake :BangHead: they made was when their man “Tin Pan” from Australia challenged us dowsers to “Post our finds.” So we did and man-oh-man how the stuff hit the fan after that: “You are liars, fabricators, cheaters” and on and on the skeptics ranted and raved :blob1: . Additionally, in response, the skeptics posted pictures of things they found :jim: using their metal detectors :metaldetector: ONLY and where dowsing was not used in any phase of the recovery. Figure that one out :icon_scratch: ???. Man, talk about comparing apples with footballs :cross:. Their displays were totally irrelevant :dontknow:to the subject and only showed something we all know which is metal detectors work. Well, make no mistake about it folks; we have more things and goodies in store for this year’s event :thumbsup:.

I’m going to take SWR and TIN PAN off ignore. They were naughty boys then, and hopefully they have learned their lesson on what happens when they avoid or give politician type rhetorical deceptive and stupid answers that sounds like the correct answer but is in fact not the answer at all. When asked: “Is water very where,” SWR refused to give a simple YES or NO, but instead answered: “Where water is, it’s everywhere.” :icon_scratch: ???

So on with the show :toothy1:. Everyone is welcome to participate but you better have your stufft together on dowsing.

Now, since dowsers are best known for their skill in finding water, Yes or no, is water everywhere? :icon_scratch: ??? Hint, be careful with your answer.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Les..Welcome back...I don’t think that SWR or “Tin Pan” will be back...them and many other skeptics disappeared when Randi’s live in lover was hauled off to jail..i don’t know if that is what happened but the timing was real curious...Art

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey ART, you are making me laugh so much, I can hardly stay in my chair.

WOW, live in lover huh. That' some real HOT news. But as you say, it's not for sure. We'll see what happens. But if they indeed do not return, for what ever reason, I will be greatly dissapointed. But remember, Tin Pan is in Australia and the time and seasons are vastly different there than here in the States. We will just have to show him some mercy on it is all.

You know, I know and all the other dowsers out there know that despite the skeptics skepticism, us dowsers are secure in our personal knowledge that dowsing works. Further more, it's that secure knowledge that really gets under the skeptics skins. Also, the pictures of dowsing finds in last years debate was the BIG bombs that was dropped on them and the pictures of dowsing finds that are going to be posted in the near future is just going to add more weight and sting to it all. It's going to be interesting to see if they have the courage to come back to try their luck.

I have a surprise for them this year but I am not going to tell what it is at this time. However, when I present it, the skeptics are going to either scream louder than they did last year or will remain completely silent on the matter. There will probably be no in betweens or fence sitters. In time, we'll see what happens.

The below picture is a .22 Caliber short shell I recently found while dowsing.

Attachments

• S5300331.JPG
    S5300331.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
hello les, good to see you back. i guess that means you have good weather at last. i will send a picture of some of my school yards find if you don't mind
posting them. i have'nt tried to post here yet because of having to change the size, which i have trubble with. ( trubble?) i do that for the h--- of it.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Les..Back when I was still hunting Deer and Elk I would go out to find brass to replace the Brass that had been reloaded more than 3 times. Saved me a lot of money...plus it was fun..The more you post you keeps reminding me of hunts I have been on...Art

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hello les, good to see you back. i guess that means you have good weather at last. i will send a picture of some of my school yards find if you don't mind
posting them. i have'nt tried to post here yet because of having to change the size, which i have trubble with. ( trubble?) i do that for the h--- of it.

10claw: Yes, it's finally looking like spring again around here. We have high winds right now but soon they will die down.

By all means, send me your dowsing finds pictures at my email address which I believe you already have and I will gladly post them for you. Of course, please tell how and where you found them. Don't want any misundersandings on that part.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Les..Back when I was still hunting Deer and Elk I would go out to find brass to replace the Brass that had been reloaded more than 3 times. Saved me a lot of money...plus it was fun..The more you post you keeps reminding me of hunts I have been on...Art

AART: WOW, dowsing for brass to replace the Brass you reloaded more than 3 times is really going to stress out the skeptics. :BangHead: Where are they anyway?

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As promised folks, here is a picture of coins that 10caw found while dowsing. I promised 10claw in post #516 that since he is unable to post pictures, I would do it for him. These are only a part of what he has found while dowsing. Remember, according to dowsing skeptics, this is not supposed to happen. But it did.

Attachments

• DSCN1753.JPG
    DSCN1753.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread