Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lesjcbs said:
tinpan: I never said the junk I found was in and of themselves valuable as silver or gold. They are not. However, because I found my junk while dowsing, which you say can't happen, is what makes them valuable as they are evidence that dowsing does work. Your attempts to muddy the waters based on an items monetary value is futile.

That buckle I found has been in the ground many years and is rusted away pretty bad. It was about 6" deep. It looks like it was part of a harness that was used on horse drawn wagons or carriages before cars were in invented.

BTW, great collection of silver items.

Stay tuned, more finds, rusty junk or not, coming soon.

Hmm i live on a gold feild that has much gold left according to a gold prospectus posted on the internet by a local mining company to raise capital in form of shares. $ 250 millon of share holders money is now gone 200 people no longer have jobs and Bendigo Mining Unity mine is Closed. You took the mining prospectus as fact without checking and quickly used in this post and the todays finds post to discredit me by having a better location. Yes i pick over the left overs of a 161 years of gold mining and find only what was missed. I make no claims to huge yeilds or large nuggets. Then you accuse me of mudding the waters of what the truth is . The Welcome stranger was real and was the Hand Faith but dowsing is just a myth. When are you going to knock the door of those who have lost much and tell them you can fix all with the power of dowsing rods. Since the first gold rush many come up with many ideas to get their share of the loot the easy way. This well recorded. Guess what none of different ideas ever worked unless its a scam. Under miners law if caught ment death.

tinpan The clear water of historical fact is a wonderful thing

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Gee tinpan...If you do not want to cut your search time by more than half that is your problem...You have to remember that time means more finds..Art

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
aart: He doesn't know his hind end from a hole in the ground when you talk about reducing time to a target. Telling him about it is like talking to a fence post.

tinpan: There you go again. You are the one without the facts. To discredit you is easy. All one has to do is let you ramble on and let you do the job yourself. See my post #281 where I copied, pasted, then posted the source of information I got about your area. All of it was from the Wikipedia free encyclopedia that anyone can edit, and not from a local mining company prospectus trying to sell shares as you would have everyone wrongfully believe. You're telling stories again and that is known as "Muddying the waters." Try reading for once OK. Now, if you don't like or agree with what the Wikipedia says about your area, then you can by all means edit it yourself.

BTW, have you ever dowsed before? I dare you to be a real man and show everyone here you have just a few balls left and answer straight up with a yes or no.

I know you will stay tuned to see any and all things I find while dowsing. Remember your post #90. You'll just have to live with it buddy! ;D

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lesjcbs said:
aart: He doesn't know his hind end from a hole in the ground when you talk about reducing time to a target. Telling him about it is like talking to a fence post.

tinpan: There you go again. You are the one without the facts. To discredit you is easy. All one has to do is let you ramble on and let you do the job yourself. See my post #281 where I copied, pasted, then posted the source of information I got about your area. All of it was from the Wikipedia free encyclopedia that anyone can edit, and not from a local mining company prospectus trying to sell shares as you would have everyone wrongfully believe. You're telling stories again and that is known as "Muddying the waters." Try reading for once OK. Now, if you don't like or agree with what the Wikipedia says about your area, then you can by all means edit it yourself.

BTW, have you ever dowsed before? I dare you to be a real man and show everyone here you have just a few balls left and answer straight up with a yes or no.

I know you will stay tuned to see any and all things I find while dowsing. Remember your post #90. You'll just have to live with it buddy! ;D

Who do you think put the info about the mining in my area on wikipedia The milkman no the mining company did . Why to create interest in their project in a hope of investment. free advertizing

March 24 2011 Abc news Unity Mining the new name for bendigo mining has anounced that the remaining 90 workers at the Kangroo Flat mine site is to reduced to 20 and production is too stop ,due to lack of gold. Gee the mine been out of luck for a while

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/03/24/3172298.htm?site=centralvic

what was the date you posted your link ?

tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked your eyeballs up yet. So whats that about telling the truth. Well i,m waiting for your responce.
Wonder how much of what you say is honest at all. Your cheap nasty attemps at try prove magic is over and you been exposed. Not so funny now Fake yep thats what you and the dowsers are fakes and best of all YOUR OWN HAND DID IT WHEN POSTED MIS_INFO> Take some good advice Check the info off the net before you post it or use it against someone. Your mate 10 claw is all class attacking peoples mothers . I shake my head at that.

tinpan

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
sheehs tinpano, you still havn't answered the Bermuda Question. And I agree it isn't a case of the best finds here, but the fact that they were found by dowsing.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Real, dowsing will only be accepted by the pseudo-skeptic faction when their god/cult leader Randi proclaims it so.

(meanwhile, dowsers go out and find things while waiting to see if dowsing is real or not....) ;D

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
http://www.skepticalinvestigations.org/exam/Dace_amazing3.htm
. Even scientists themselves, it turns out, are no match for the diabolical paranormalists. Only skeptics, educated by James “Amazing” Randi and other magicians, are capable of spotting the tricks of the trade. “Scientists are easily fooled,” explained Randi, “because they think they know.” But only skeptics really know.
Communicating Skepticism to the Public, the manual handed out at the media workshop, contains a brief passage that illustrates the gulf between science and the skeptics. In part three, “The Media Skeptic: Encouraging a skeptical media attitude,” we learn how to become a media authority: “Becoming an expert is a pretty simple procedure; tell people you’re an expert. After you do that, all you have to do is maintain appearances and not give them a reason to believe you’re not.”

As we know, it works a little differently in science. You can’t just say you’re an expert in, say, paleoanthropology unless you’ve actually done the work, either at an accredited university or on your own. By contrast, a skeptic need only form a club with like-minded people. “As head of your local skeptic club, you’re entitled to call yourself an authority. If your other two members agree to it, you can be the spokesperson too.”

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tinpan: What are we going to do with you? Not one picture you posted proves or even suggests in the slightest degree or way that dowsing does not work. Yet I posted many pictures of dowsing finds that shows dowsing does work and I will be posting many more.

Here's how you muddy the waters. At first, every post in this string was just talk. Then you posted pictures of your gold finds and you proudly showed part of your metal detector. In one post you even talked a little about the model and type of coil you use (Open loop). The impression you give is you expect everyone to believe your gold finds with a MD somehow proves dowsing doesn't work. It's like comparing oranges and apples and is absolute silliness on you part. All your pictures, entertaining as they are, are irrelevant and prove nothing about dowsing. It's like saying because dogs, cats, horses, and cows don't have wings and thus cannot fly, therefore even though birds have wings, they should not be able to fly either. Your pictures of things found with a MD only are totally irrelevant to dowsing in any way and is an attempt on your part to muddy the waters.

Then in post #90 you challenged dowsing finds to be posted. I did and also helped 10claw post one of his over which you went nuts. You can't stand it, lose sleep, have nightmares about it, and are stressing out. Well to bad for you buddy. Get used to it or develop a few ulcers over it. More dowsing finds are on the way just for your viewing and enjoyment, as I'm sure you will. Brace yourself.

When it comes to the information in the Wikipedia about your area, it would be great if you edited their information to update them. I'm sure everyone would appreciate you doing that. But, I doubt you will.

For the second time, let's see if you will answer this question. Yes or no, have you ever dowsed before?

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Me too. The silence is so loud it hurts my ears and they are starting to ring.

I'm going to meet up with my friend tomorrow and do some more dowsing. It promises to be fun.

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
lesjcbs said:
The impression you give is you expect everyone to believe your gold finds with a MD somehow proves dowsing doesn't work. It's like comparing oranges and apples and is absolute silliness on you part. All your pictures, entertaining as they are, are irrelevant and prove nothing about dowsing. It's like saying because dogs, cats, horses, and cows don't have wings and thus cannot fly, therefore even though birds have wings, they should not be able to fly either. Your pictures of things found with a MD only are totally irrelevant to dowsing in any way and is an attempt on your part to muddy the waters.

Your
"therefore even though birds have wings,
they should not be able to fly either."
quote is utter nonsense!

As a casual observer the impression I get from tinpan's
posts is that he is finding a substantial amount of
significant finds with a metal detector, and you are finding
a very pathetic display of junk with a method you claim
is vastly superior to his metal detector.

The "absolute silliness" is on you part, with your birds
have wings but should not be able to fly analogy.

Your claim that tinpan "is loosing sleep and having nightmares",
is an even more ridiculous demonstration of your
absolute silliness, and a telling display of your weak logic.

Your wiki advice is also total nonsense.
Wiki is famous for allowing anyone to post anything
and is the lazy person's source for information. You
go ahead and use it, it demonstrates your total lack
of critical thinking and real research.

The most likely explanation for the silence you hear is
that serious people are still rolling on the floor laughing
at the pictures of finds you posted and actually took the
time to brag about.

You say tinpan's posts are just talk. Well back atcha
dowser. My impression of his posts are that he is
making real finds while you post pictures of things most
people could find in ten minutes of random diggin in
their yards.

And even though you never asked me personally, I
have dowsed, many times in the last forty years!
I learned straight away what it is.

It is someone trying to hold a rod or two straight.
When they can't hold them straight they fool themselve's
into believing there is something moving the rods
other than their inability to hold them straight.

You are fooling only yourself.

No, posting pictures of metal detecting finds does not
prove that dowsing does not work. It simply displays
that metal detectors work. Dowsers cannot prove that
dowsing works, never have, except to the easily fooled.
Isn't reality great!

I've got a test for the dowsers.
select a location, dowse it and convince yourself that
nothing is there.
Select a point in the middle of this area.
Then place four cardboard boxes in four directions 30
feet away from this point, north south east and west.
You will be required to open one box.
In one box put an item you claim you can dowse,
in the other three boxes put a bomb in each box.
Then have someone who doesn't believe in
dowsing randomly move the boxes
around while you are not there to witness the placement.
Then you can dowse your target for as long as you want.
But you will be required to open one box.
The bomb will go off if you open the wrong box.
Will you have the guts to do this?

I didn't think so............water too muddy for ya?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~pronghorn~
Your
"therefore even though birds have wings,
they should not be able to fly either."
quote is utter nonsense!

As a casual observer the impression I get from tinpan's
posts is that he is finding a substantial amount of
significant finds with a metal detector, and you are finding
a very pathetic display of junk with a method you claim
is vastly superior to his metal detector.

The "absolute silliness" is on you part, with your birds
have wings but should not be able to fly analogy.

Your claim that tinpan "is loosing sleep and having nightmares",
is an even more ridiculous demonstration of your
absolute silliness, and a telling display of your weak logic.

Your wiki advice is also total nonsense.
Wiki is famous for allowing anyone to post anything
and is the lazy person's source for information. You
go ahead and use it, it demonstrates your total lack
of critical thinking and real research.

The most likely explanation for the silence you hear is
that serious people are still rolling on the floor laughing
at the pictures of finds you posted and actually took the
time to brag about.

You say tinpan's posts are just talk. Well back atcha
dowser. My impression of his posts are that he is
making real finds while you post pictures of things most
people could find in ten minutes of random diggin in
their yards.

And even though you never asked me personally, I
have dowsed, many times in the last forty years!
I learned straight away what it is.

It is someone trying to hold a rod or two straight.
When they can't hold them straight they fool themselve's
into believing there is something moving the rods
other than their inability to hold them straight.

You are fooling only yourself.

No, posting pictures of metal detecting finds does not
prove that dowsing does not work. It simply displays
that metal detectors work. Dowsers cannot prove that
dowsing works, never have, except to the easily fooled.
Isn't reality great!

I've got a test for the dowsers.
select a location, dowse it and convince yourself that
nothing is there.
Select a point in the middle of this area.
Then place four cardboard boxes in four directions 30
feet away from this point, north south east and west.
You will be required to open one box.
In one box put an item you claim you can dowse,
in the other three boxes put a bomb in each box.
Then have someone who doesn't believe in
dowsing randomly move the boxes
around while you are not there to witness the placement.
Then you can dowse your target for as long as you want.
But you will be required to open one box.
The bomb will go off if you open the wrong box.
Will you have the guts to do this?

I didn't think so............water too muddy for ya?
~SWR~
Well thought-out post, and is spot on.

More thoughts from those that believe and honor the paranormal, pseudoscientific, and the supernatural...Art

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here are more junk items my friend and I found while dowsing today. The area these were in is where few people go. Thus, items are wide spread making it an excellent place to dowse long-range for targets. For that same reason, it's also a tough area to find things. Sandy and easy digging though.

After dowsing for a long-range target, the blue punch wrapper top was about 30 ft in front of me. The others I found while walking to get a rod cross.

Enjoy these pictures of targets found while dowsing

Art: You quoted pronghorn and he said all that? My goodness. Even more I see SWR saying he thinks it's a well thought out post. Long, yes, well thought out? Let's take a look.

Is there a Psychologist or a Psychiatrist in the house? If there is, please give your take on pronghorn's statement where he says: “I have dowsed, many times in the last forty years."

Notice he says nothing of his success or misses in that 40 years. Not a word.

So, because he left out his hits or miss data, we can only assume several things:

1. Forty years is a very long time to continue doing something that doesn't work for you. So what kind of a personality would continue doing such an enterprise? I know I wouldn't.
2. Over that 40 years of dowsing maybe he had such phenomenal success he couldn't stop. It was great, wonderful, fantastic, stupendous, exciting etc. But, then BANG, at the last hour in the 39Th year he started missing, and it was so traumatic for him he just broke down and gave up. It's called being success "spoiled.” Weakness has a part in it too.
3. Maybe over the last 40 years while dowsing, he never had a successful hit, and finally realized it? I mean, how long should it take an average person to realize something like that? But, maybe we are not dealing with an average person here.

Oh well. It takes all kinds I guess. More dowsing finds coming. Stay tuned.

In the mean time, here's a story for you.

Now I don't know if this is true or not but I once heard you can teach a Grasshopper how to jump only so high. This also illustrates a point.

First you determine how high you want to teach Mr. Grasshopper to jump to. You then get a bottle that is that high. You put Mr. Grasshopper in it, and tighten down the lid that has holes in it so he can breath. You then shake the bottle a little. Mr. Grasshopper naturally jumps with all his might and BANG, hits his head on the underside of the lid.

Well, you then shake the bottle many more times. Eventually Mr. Grasshopper realizes that if he jumps to just under the bottom of the lid, his head stops hurting. So, after you turn him lose, he will jump only that high from now on.

The thing about this is it won't take Mr. Grasshopper 40 years to learn how to stop his head from hurting. No, he'll learn much faster.

Attachments

• S5300387.JPG
    S5300387.JPG
    407.4 KB · Views: 237

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
Wow, nice finds, a day well spent, will you be
donating those to your local museum or
selfishly hoarding them for yourself?

I have to admit they would look awesome on the
shelf next to your row of bottles you use to train
grasshoppers.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lesjcbs said:
Here are more junk items my friend and I found while dowsing today. The area these were in is where few people go. Thus, items are wide spread making it an excellent place to dowse long-range for targets. For that same reason, it's also a tough area to find things. Sandy and easy digging though.

After dowsing for a long-range target, the blue punch wrapper top was about 30 ft in front of me. The others I found while walking to get a rod cross.

Art: You quoted pronghorn and he said all that? My goodness. Even more I see SWR saying he thinks it's a well thought out post. Long, yes, well thought out? Let's take a look.

Is there a Psychologist or a Psychiatrist in the house? If there is, please give your take on pronghorn's statement where he says: “I have dowsed, many times in the last forty years."

So, because he left out his hits or miss data, we can only assume several things:

1. Forty years is a very long time to continue doing something that doesn't work for you. So what kind of a personality would continue doing such an enterprise? I know I wouldn't.
2. Over that 40 years of dowsing maybe he had such phenomenal success he couldn't stop. It was great, wonderful, fantastic, stupendous, exciting etc. But, then BANG, at the last hour in the 39Th year he started missing, and it was so traumatic for him he just broke down and gave up. It's called being success "spoiled.” Weakness has a part in it too.
3. Maybe over the last 40 years while dowsing, he never had a successful hit, and finally realized it? I mean, how long should it take an average person to realize something like that? But, maybe we are not dealing with an average person here.

Now I don't know if this is true or not but I once heard you can teach a Grasshopper how to jump only so high. This also illustrates a point.

First you determine how high you want to teach Mr. Grasshopper to jump to. You then get a bottle that is that high. You put Mr. Grasshopper in it, and tighten down the lid that has holes in it so he can breath. You then shake the bottle a little. Mr. Grasshopper naturally jumps with all his might and BANG, hits his head on the underside of the lid.

Well, you then shake the bottle many more times. Eventually Mr. Grasshopper realizes that if he jumps to just under the bottom of the lid, his head stops hurting. So, after you turn him lose, he will jump only that high from now on.

The thing about this is it won't take Mr. Grasshopper 40 years to learn how to stop his head from hurting. No, he'll learn much faster.

What ever Harry Potter :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: Do Grasshoppers live in crushed soda cans ? tinpan

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
10claw: Hey, I'm laughing too.

Because Art quoted pronghorn whom I have on ignore, I could see what he posted. Just that simple.

Really, come on now, what kind of a personality would continue doing something for 40 years after deciding it doesn't work for them or that they consider it is worthless? I mean, even looking at pronghorn's avatar, that's one troubled and disturbed dude in that picture. A loose cannon so to speak.

There's no doubt about it, grasshoppers have more brains than some people around here.

Hey, how do you like my avatar? Those are the kinds of dowsing rods I use. I really like them.

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
lesjcbs said:

Well thought-out post, and is spot on :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread