I want a new Sport but, the ATP is faster and deeper.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirtscratcher.....as usual it seems you are alone in your grumpy opinions.....if you hold out maybe some of the Anti-Garrett Club will show up......

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirtscratcher.....as usual it seems you are alone in your grumpy opinions.....if you hold out maybe some of the Anti-Garrett Club will show up......

I'm laughing too hard to be grumpy! By saying the new White's has more features makes me a garrett hater?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no use for a back light, but that also eats batteries. Myself when it gets dark its time for me to be in bed.:laughing7:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggin in the dark is a good way to tear up a nice coin or relic.....

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had mine come in today and I can say the CTX balances better and hurts my arm less. Something about the Mx Sport really gets the elbow sore and rather quickly too. Almost like it needed some of the weight shifted to the backend of it.
But I love the backlight for early morning hunts or dark days and there is threshold settings so I cant understand the *****ing about that. Response and Recovery times are pretty quick too so if I can get my arm in shape it should be a fun detector. Time will tell thou when I have a few months under my belt then I should know for sure what this thing will do for me.
I could turn around and ask what is so special about the Garrett at pro? We have been doing that same build now for years lol. Do you guys remember that Radio Shack detector awhile back that got some good reviews that reminds me of a AT Pro and it only cost 200.00
I always tell everyone use what works for you.

Kid, I'll guarantee you the balance is WAY better with those batteries behind forearm on the MX than the ATPro nose heavy design. Every whites I've owned was about that same weight but a pleasure to swing.

Last edited:

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
When I dig in the dark I use a headlamp/miners light. Nothing like getting to the beach super early, hunting when it's still dark and slowly watching the sun come up.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really?
How many coins do you dig out of the ground that would be graded high? LOL most are worth scrap/face value only anyways.

Crush a confederate button that is worth a couple hundred bucks and you might change your mind......I have done that.

Last edited:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK......?

I feel like i am arguing with Helen Keller about the color of the sky....

I'm not trying to argue. Just trying to understand what drives you to come on the whites forum and brag about the atpro being better than a detector you've never used. I personally have to use a detector before I could tell you how it works. I think it's a garrett thing, always having to reassure yourselves that the atpro is "best". Hell all the other manufactures should just give up.

ironkicker

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought one. It will come in on Monday the 21st. I am by no means a expert but have been doing it on and off for years. I have been using a early 90's VSAT gold master II for years and that thing is heavy. I got it from one of the ebay store sellers, the price was 749.oo with no Tax and 60$ in ebay bucks. I love the Whites durability and the tones, I hope I like this one.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not trying to argue. Just trying to understand what drives you to come on the whites forum and brag about the atpro being better than a detector you've never used. I personally have to use a detector before I could tell you how it works. I think it's a garrett thing, always having to reassure yourselves that the atpro is "best". Hell all the other manufactures should just give up.

Last week it was a Tesoro thing.....you are a piece of work!

Also, please show me where i said the AT Pro was BETTER than the MX SPORT.....please show everyone!!!!

Last edited:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought one. It will come in on Monday the 21st. I am by no means a expert but have been doing it on and off for years. I have been using a early 90's VSAT gold master II for years and that thing is heavy. I got it from one of the ebay store sellers, the price was 749.oo with no Tax and 60$ in ebay bucks. I love the Whites durability and the tones, I hope I like this one.

It might be a couple months but I'm excited to get one myself. Only whites I've owned has been the trx and it's by far the best.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread