I want a new Sport but, the ATP is faster and deeper.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The whites guys here wont hunt with me anymore lol. What I dont see here is how the AT Pro handles bad soil better than a whites MXT. The MXSport is just a waterproof MXT by one review I read. I really think we should let some of the guys who bought the sport a chance to see how it performs in all situations. Since I have had a chance to use the AT Pro for one summer I can say Im happy with the AT Pro.

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
The pro is terrible in bad soil . Seen it with my own eyes . Good silver coins I'd as iron because of the minerals. Let's just say those guys no longer use their pros

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have used many Whites machines, and the weight does not scare me off. Under the arm battery placement will be fine.

However, I wish that they would have made a waterproof clone of the DFX, instead of the MXT. I am liking multi-frequency detectors more and more.

Maybe that will be their next machine?

The White's BHID is a clone of the DFX. Same electronics but no display. Good for 25' underwater. HOWEVER, WHY they made a floating coil is beyond me. I absolutely hated it diving and sold it after one dive. I had to keep pushing the coil down and it hurt my wrist.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I can tell you the MX Sport loves Screw Caps. I even tried the raising the coil trick and still ID's as PENNY/DIME.

The pro is terrible in bad soil . Seen it with my own eyes . Good silver coins I'd as iron because of the minerals. Let's just say those guys no longer use their pros

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
Well I can tell you the MX Sport loves Screw Caps. I even tried the raising the coil trick and still ID's as PENNY/DIME.

Any machine with a dd coil does this . Even the mighty ATPro. My v3 is the only machine I've used where I can I d them 100%

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screw caps and DD coils require the heel or toe technique with the coil to ID them, takes practice and patience. This is why i use the DFX with 9.5 at the beach, always IDs screw caps well. My DD machines are hit and miss with them and screw caps even if some are deeper, screwcaps are plentiful there (Screw on bottlecaps). I'm surprised Whites didn't assign some iron audio type algorithm to ID screw caps with the MX Sport.

Last edited:

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Screw caps are so easy to dig at the beach, not an issue to me. I really am puzzled why people leave any signals at the beach. Broken iffy signals are chains and even rings with broken shanks. Dig everything and enjoy and sometime be surprised. I found a 29 gram 14K honker ring because it gave an overload signal and I dug it.

I dig one way signals, solid screw cap signals, overload signals and everything imaginable and get costume jewelry, lighters, guns, knives, chains, and everything else you can think of.

However, as I said, everyone has the right to detect how they want to. I will clean up after anyone.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't seen much to impress me enough to spend 60% more than what I have. And a guy on another forum said this after buying one:

Only 9 days old. Never been outside. Played with it 15-20 min. inside. Simply too heavy and can't read the small etched info on the display. Age has finally caught up with me. Comes with coil cover, head phones, head phone adapter and what ever else was in the box. Water proof to 10'. Unit is 9 days old. $ 595.00. Call 478-XXX-XXXX. Please, calls only. Also could bring to Larry's hunt in Va. next week. Thanks for looking! wilson

PM me if you want his number.

Last edited:

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
I haven't seen much to impress me enough to spend 60% more than what I have. And a guy on another forum said this after buying one:

Only 9 days old. Never been outside. Played with it 15-20 min. inside. Simply too heavy and can't read the small etched info on the display. Age has finally caught up with me. Comes with coil cover, head phones, head phone adapter and what ever else was in the box. Water proof to 10'. Unit is 9 days old. $ 595.00. Call 478-XXX-XXXX. Please, calls only. Also could bring to Larry's hunt in Va. next week. Thanks for looking! wilson

PM me if you want his number.

I'm not sure how u could tell anything about a machine in 15-20 min . My v3 is no feather light , but I swing that puppy for 15 hrs straight without issue

Imo ground balancing would be what your big gain would be over what u currently have phantasman. Also waterproof .

Last edited:

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
I don't know how anyone could complain about Garrett's AT series Tones and the n like the tones on this new Whites machine.......Sounds like an Atari video game from the 80's!

Everyone hears different . I didn't hate the at golds tones .I didn't like that there were only 3 with Iron Audio on . That machine desperately needs more tones

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone hears different . I didn't hate the at golds tones .I didn't like that there were only 3 with Iron Audio on . That machine desperately needs more tones

I disagree.....the AT Gold is a prospecting/relic machine more so than a coin machine.....most relic hunters prefer 2 tones and nothing more....
As for coin machines; I believe there are better choices than the AT Gold since it uses a higher freq. better suited to low conductors and lacks ant type of adjustable notch system. Just my opinion....

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
Gold/ pro the result is the same . Not enough tones . Your right tho there are better choices for coin machines than the at machines. 2 tones would be fine if u could set the break

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold/ pro the result is the same . Not enough tones . Your right tho there are better choices for coin machines than the at machines. 2 tones would be fine if u could set the break
You can set the break on the Gold anywhere from 1-40....
I have never understood why anyone would want more than 4 tones for any hunting.

Last edited:

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
Yeah sure 1-40 but that dosent help u when an Indian has the same tone as a pt ffs lol. Got to walk around locked on the screen . That's crap imo

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This all reinforces the no 1 thing I've learned on TN. For every detector I like there are people who dislike it for some reason. And for every detector that I dislike there are some who love them.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This all reinforces the no 1 thing I've learned on TN. For every detector I like there are people who dislike it for some reason. And for every detector that I dislike there are some who love them.

Then i guess we will agree that we disagree! :laughing7:

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have used many Whites machines, and the weight does not scare me off. Under the arm battery placement will be fine.

However, I wish that they would have made a waterproof clone of the DFX, instead of the MXT. I am liking multi-frequency detectors more and more.
Maybe that will be their next machine?

Wish they'd go all the way and make a waterproof V3i and VX3

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a big guy (5'8", about 170) and have an MXT which I swing all day. People have the rod extended too far out in front of them and use their shoulder. The most comfortable way to swing it is to lengthen the pole and coil to where the coil is touching the ground with your arm extended. That way, it's like an extension of your arm. I swing with my forearm, not my shoulder. Honestly, the most I ever tore up my shoulder was with a Fisher F4, which is obviously way lighter than an MXT. Any repetitive movement is going to eventually tear something up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread