IMPORTANT UPDATE Directions- 10/11/06 Hunt!!! In Oct.

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Re: UPDATED 9/13/06 Hunt!!! In Oct.

Don, I have you beat on the 'planning' thing............I don't get out of bed until I have a plan for the entire day (and I know what TIME I'm getting up the night before). I don't know what it's like to do anything 'spur of the moment', so I feel you on the time line for Friday night(let's see, backwards plan from time of event, factor in travel time, and 'fudge time' for traffic delays)...........too many years in Uncle Sam's employ...............

Roger

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT

Don, also, (I started to PM you, but..) PLEASE forgive me for sounding like 'Mr. know-it-all on my post last night (regarding the date of the event). After reading it today, I think I might have come across as a bit of a smart-a$$. Didn't mean to, though.

Roger

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ramjet,
No offense taken. If people havent' realized it by now I am very obsessed with this hobby and have a very hard time being patient. See you at camp a week from this Thursday and will see everyone else a couple days later.

Don

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ok folks, the days are winding down....11 more days till we meet.

Y'all getting "antz in your pantz"?

If you have not notified Noodle with your information for the name tag yet, she'll be notifying you.

Remember to use the "Don't Forget To Bring" check list. Something else has been added...dust off some of your favorite finds/relics/artifacts to bring for Friday night's "Show & Tell".

Later...gator

;) RR

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

I'll second 2R's request to bring your 'finds'.Make a little name card to put with them and we'll set them up on tables for veiwing.Certainly hope someone has a decent camera for the evening,I don't.

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: UPDATED 10/04/06 Hunt!!! In Oct.

here is the spot we will be having our gathering at!! :) the spot is completely fenced in so you wont be able to get lost. hehe

its in Otterville Mo. I will post exact directions to the spot this weekend, it has been secured and the owners have not let anyone detect there since the spring time when I first asked them to have this hunt, the grass is fairly low, they are very excited about it.

Although it is not considered a battlefield, up to 4,000 soldiers were put there to defend a railroad bridge and blockhouse... it was burnt down by confederates 3 times duing the war!!!

Attachments

• 000_1182a.JPG
    000_1182a.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 241

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

if i dont get a chance to say good luck to everyone later ill do it now! i hope you all have a great time and make some spectacular finds! ill be with you all in spirit! ;)

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Ok, guys and gals, here's your nametag for the hunt. If you want something on yours besides your nickname, please send me the information. Most have submitted their real names (the first one, anyway) and their state of residence. Thanks!

Noodle (Brenda)

Attachments

• Nametag.jpg
    Nametag.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 221

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT

Regarding bringing your finds..........I don't have that many, but I have TONS of Metal Detecting related magazines......I'm not trying to turn this into a swap meet, but I hate throwing away magazines that have been read only once. I'll bring them (free to anyone who wants them).

Also, (it's the logistician in me) is there a plan for food on Saturday during the hunt? I mean 9AM-6PM is a long time (to go without eating)........I plan on bringing some cold stuff with me to eat on site, so this is something else everyone might want to consider..........(You all have got to be thinking "Geez, Rog, of course we're bringing food." but I'm the one who was never afraid to ask a 'stupid question.')

Please, j. d, don't think I'm trying to take over your hunt. Just trying to brain-storm a little bit here

Thanks

Roger

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Noodle, the name tags look great!!! Thanks for creating them for us.

Ramjet, the magazines would be wonderful...a good thought!

Ok, Friday night's dinner at the American Legion in Warsaw...BBQ brisket, beans and slaw.

Saturday's luncheon is hotdogs, hamburgers, potato salad & chips at the site. Possibility, if any leftovers from Friday night that will be served too. McDonald's will provide orange drink and powerade.

JD also stated a new cafe just opened up about 1 mile from the site.

If you have a large icechest and BBQ grill, bring if all possible.

Saturday night's bonfire will be held at the site, let's don't forget about Gypsy's famous S'mores.

Counting the days till we meet...later gator

;) RR

schlooppy

Dec 22, 2005
Kansas City, Mo.

Just looked up the 10 day forecast for Sedalia. As of right now it is supposed to be partly cloudy high of 71 degrees and low of 49 degrees with 0 percent chance of rain. But knowing the weather people around here this could change in the blink of an eye. I will keep you updated as the days go on.

John

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

What the heck is a S'more? I thought gypsy was just saying 'she wanted somemore of whatever'.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Love BBQ Stoney! ;D

Hey Noodle!!!! Awesome name tags! Thank you!!!

Roger...great question about the food for Saturday...I had asked that same question in chat but no one had an answer at the time. :)

RR....thanks for the info! ;) I am going to bring a ice chest full of soda's and water...maybe that will help too... :)

And that's an awesome forecast, John! Let's hope it is that nice!!!!

I can't wait to see you all! Gonna be so much fun! :)

Nana

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Thanks, ya'll. Glad you're pleased with the tags. I'm bringing our grill, some chairs, some ice chests and an inflatable mattress to stick over in the shade somewhere in case someone wants to lie down. Think of it as the Red Cross shelter. ;) Pillows, too. (no fighting, now...)

So glad the bonfire will be at the site. Sounds like the weather will be PERFECT! I'm really looking forward to meeting everybody! ;D

- Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Warsawdaddy, s'mores are nasty things. :P They're full of stuff that you don't want to smell, much less put in your BODY! I'm surprised JD is letting Gypsy get away with polluting the grounds with those things. Just put them out of your mind... :-*

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread