IMPORTANT UPDATE Directions- 10/11/06 Hunt!!! In Oct.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Re: UPDATED 10/04/06 Hunt!!! In Oct.

Hey,Hollowpointred,just jump on that plane and come on! If not,thanks for the kind words and encouragement for all who are attending.I just hope everyone is still friendly and talking afterwards and Im sure they will be as this is more of a get acquainted and party gathering.If there is any cut-throat professionals that are gonna bitch,cry and moan because someone is too close or took their spot,they'll have to take my reckoning and I'll deal with them.Sorry JD,but I can't stand rudeness or anyone getting out of line,we have too many great people coming for anyone to spoil it with attitudes.

New question - How many young people,16 and under,will be attending? no special reason just my own curiosity.

Noodle --- those s'more thingys can't jump,can they?

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

...daddy,
I'll tell you a little secret. I've been taking notes on who's coming and who's not and who's a blunderbust on TN. We've got a good crew going. I don't think we'll have ANY problems. And I know I'm not gonna be a threat. I'm going to probably be more interested in what someone else is digging up than what I could dig up. Saves me much energy and the thrill is still there!! ;D

Can S'mores jump? I'm not sure if Gypsy adds the necessary ingredients for that or not, but I sure wouldn't be surprised. Those are some fiercely nasty and surprising things! You have to look over your shoulder all the time to make sure you're not about to be ATTACKED! :o >:( ;D

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

warsawdaddy said:
Hey,Hollowpointred,just jump on that plane and come on! If not,thanks for the kind words and encouragement for all who are attending.I just hope everyone is still friendly and talking afterwards and Im sure they will be as this is more of a get acquainted and party gathering.If there is any cut-throat professionals that are gonna bitch,cry and moan because someone is too close or took their spot,they'll have to take my reckoning and I'll deal with them.Sorry JD,but I can't stand rudeness or anyone getting out of line,we have too many great people coming for anyone to spoil it with attitudes.

New question - How many young people,16 and under,will be attending? no special reason just my own curiosity.

maybe next time warsaw! this time around was a bit too expensive for me to fly in from philly. :'( it sure will be fun to see how this all unfolds from reading all of your posts when you return. i just know you will all have a blast!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hollowpointred said:
warsawdaddy said:

maybe next time warsaw! this time around was a bit too expensive for me to fly in from philly. :'( it sure will be fun to see how this all unfolds from reading all of your posts when you return. i just know you will all have a blast!

I wish I knew people Around Getteysburg.
A deal like this on a Gettysburg area farm Would Definately be
something I'd attend.

GOOD LUCK to all of yous !

Jeff

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

so get the ball rolling jeff ::) ;)

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

I agree, the name tags look GREAT! We'll see what we can put together to bring.

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Again i will come with the friendly reminder of the Official Hunt Gear.. if you order this week you will still resive it before the hunt.

http://www.cafepress.com/2006hunt

HURRY HURRY HURRY

USTiger

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT

I'll bring two coolers, some cases of Wally-world water, and some folding camp chairs. I'll also bring a First-Aid bag, in case anyone is a Doctor.........I'm not one anymore, but I used to play one on TV.

Anyone think of anything else we should bring?

Roger

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

i hope christy gets hurt i like to play doctor ;D

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

food, toilet paper, ??? ::)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: UPDATED 9/13/06 T-Net Forum Hunt!!! In Oct.

River Rat said:
Thought y'all would appreciate this "Don't Forget To Bring List" ;D

This list was complied using a post “Packing My Jimmy”, Apr 12, 2006 by Jeff of PA.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,33599.0.html

Metal Detector(s)
Extra coils
Pin Pointer
Shovel
Trowels/Digging Tools
Gloves
Knee Pads
Bug Spray
Sun Screen
Extra Batteries
Finds Pouch
Back Pack
Magnifying Glass
Binoculars
Towel(s)
Wet Wipes
Hat/Cap
Camera
Zip Lock Bags (for finds)
Camp Chair (resting & for bon fire)

Music instruments – for those who plan to play

Thanks, for including 1st aid kit Ramjet.

Baron Von De Kalb, we pray you don't have to play doctor....if you feel you are going to need more food & toilet paper, bring it! ;D

Port-a-johns will be set up on the site.

;) RR

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Baron, you're naughty! ;) :D Gypsy's not gonna share her s'mores with you... ;D

99Brown

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2006
Illinois

Agree with Roger. The name tags look great. Can't wait to meet everyone. I think this is going to be a really good time.

99Brown

Bobby

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: UPDATED 10/7/06 - Missouri Hunt

Friday night's Oct 13th BBQ Supper at the American Legion in Warsaw...

I need to get an estimate of who all will be attending.

Please PM me and if any guests (spouse/children) just state how many and I will check off names on my list.

Also, state where you are staying...motel/camp grounds.

Thanks!!

;) RR

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: UPDATED 10/08/06 Hunt!!! In Oct.

Ok I visited the hunt site today the ground is dry but the grass is as low as I have ever seen it!! everything is going great with the site.... here is a few pictures and 2 pages of specs about the hunt site... the pic is of the hotel that was General Popes Headquarters during the war.

also the American Legion in Otterville is having a pancake breakfast, with bacon and eggs and sausage and stuff like that... from 8-11 am the day of the hunt!!! the breakfast is "FREE" thats right its donation only!! and they are willing to take orders and have them delivered to the hunt site about 1 mile away :)

please remember this is "NOT" a virgin site it has been hunted by metal detectorists for many years... but is any place totally hunted out?? :)"

Attachments

• 000_2707a.JPG
    000_2707a.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 560
  • 000_2708a.JPG
    000_2708a.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 559
  • 000_2709a.JPG
    000_2709a.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 564

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Re: IMPORTANT UPDATE- 10/08/06 Hunt!!! In Oct.

Heck, I may as well leave my MD at home! I'm gonna soak up some local history. :D :D :D Great pics, JD. And breakfast to boot! Thanks for all your hard work!

EVERYBODY: Check the namelist on the hunt site. Make sure your's is on there and spelled the way you want it. I'm finishing up the nametags today and tomorrow. If you haven't PM'd me yet with your information, please do so.

JD, did we get enough grills together?

Brief Update: Just got word from River Rat: Dress warm! Snow flurries forecast for Thursday night (in the 30s) -- In the 50s & 60s daytime. My new sweatjacket from US Tiger is gonna feel good! I did check weather.com just now, and it says HIGH OF 68 FOR OTTERVILLE ON SATURDAY. 20% chance of rain. Gonna be a beautiful day, sounds like. Perfect for digging and visiting. :-*

See ya'll Friday! DRIVE CAREFULLY!!!

Noodle

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: IMPORTANT UPDATE- 10/10/06 Hunt!!! In Oct.

heres a google earth version of the hunt site!! inside the yellow lines is the hunt area... inside the red line is the parking area, the blue is the CW earthworks... aqua is the staging area... and the purple is the museum entrance... yeah baby!!!

Attachments

• otter.jpg
    otter.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 513
OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

also if anyone has conopy tents they could bring so peopel will have shape and we can cook under that would be appreciated mine are missing :( let me know asap jd

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

I have a tent that's pretty portable. Has the screen sides. Hmmmmmm, Note to Self: Find the pegs. Maybe I'll pick up another one at Sam's. I think they're going on sale (end of season) about now. Count me in for at least one, JD.

JD -- Do we have enough grills?

Also, there is another thread going here on the "Hunt Itinerary." There's some discussion there on the location of the hall for Friday night (if you can follow it ;).) Other good stuff, too.

Tomorrow night is pack 'em up night at our household. On our drive to work this morning, we were making our lists out of 'don't forgets.' I'm about to get excited! -Noodle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread