dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
if you mean the metal object on her ( ahem) swimsuit, I don't think it's valuable

Looks valuable to me...I think I need to root around and try to see if I can put a smile on my face recovering that object...

sent from a potato...

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As far as the hands go, it seems to me this world is far to full of people who think they can tell others what to do...

sent from a potato...

OP
OP
flyadive

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As some what of a photographer I agree with you 100%. If your taking stills, dirty and ruff or not your hands should not be in it at all. Use something a little more appealing than a pink wrinkly palm to take your photos on. Try a rock, a piece of wood or branch, maybe a leaf. For lighter objects like silver you should have a dark background. For darker objects like dark green relics you should have a lighter background. If your taking a video I would not pay to much attention to it, if your shooting a lot of images your hands will get in the shot once in awhile. So don't worry about it, but if your shooting stills don't use your hands as a background.... Please !! :notworthy: Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Agreed !

image-2120053867.jpg

This photo is from " lord of the rings".
Try zooming in on the ring..... Yuck!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed !

View attachment 988580

Who really cares, majority of us are here to view the "treasure" not for the photography .....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
attachment.php

I like my back scratched But I don want to Bleed!

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed !

View attachment 988580

Yuck ? Looks like a nice ring to Me

Oh & FYI, Although it doesn't bother me,

but if they have a problem with someone getting picky over their dirty fingers,
and threaten to leave Tnet because of it, You could end up being the one sitting out :unhappysmiley: (consider this your one get out of jail free card Though, since you may have not considered this ever happening)
Just saying, we do get members on occasion who do not like
others judging them. or consider you are personally attacking them.

Consider this a Friendly reminder

Last edited:

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too much political correctness these days......I think you should display your finds however you want too.8-)

Attachments

• imagesMZXFYIJQ.jpg
    imagesMZXFYIJQ.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 125

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remove my profile and all post's - I have requested my profile to be deleted from this forum

Your profile will be deleted when admins have time to get to it, till then enjoy your vacation. ....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well some of us are trying to make an effort to please the OP and I've been trying all day to take a photo without my hands showing.

So far this is the best I could do......

P1110633 (514x432).jpg

It's been really difficult and I've had to take several smoke breaks.

Unfortunately, my test subject keeps getting smaller and smaller. :BangHead:

What can I say....... I tried!

You can't please everyone but I've sure made myself quite happy!

:smileinbox:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
And I thought this thread was about posing the image!!!!
For a background, the least disturbing is a light gray. It is neutral and does not distract from image. White works, but biases the contrast on most cameras. As for rings, an old photographers trick is to place them in the binding of an open book. It holds them up and provides a neutral background.
If you are skilled at photography, just remove the background. Just some thoughts. Frank...
down down.jpg Of course if the object is white, use black in back!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank, I used a book once, but people criticized me for my choice of crayon colors and sloppy coloring technique.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
We enjoy a little fun here on Tnet, & as usual some get a little carried away. Or perhaps it is just our different upbringing. I'm pretty sure I didn't offend anyone here, & I am sorry if some were offended by, shall we say, just a little bit to crude humor by some of the posters. I have learned how to skim over posts that I don't like & read the ones I like. (Kind of like reading Mitchners' books). But in this world of so many different views & ethics, we have to learn to cope with what we don't like or understand. Dirty hands is a small thing, & I will try to keep my hands out of posts. But Flyadive, perhaps you can learn to ignore the parts of pics that annoy you. It will make life easier for you in the long run. Please don't let our silliness drive you from Tnet. For most of us it is all in good fun, for some a little too malicious, but hey that's the way it goes.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll second that.... no your not.

A few years ago I'm putting on a new roof on my home. My air nailer was giving me fits so I went to manual nailing. As all of us have I hit my finger SO HARD I couldn't even yell or breath for a minute. After about 10-15 minutes of recovery I was back among the "living". And wouldn't you know it.... I guess I needed a 2nd opinion if the finger really hurt so I hit it again.... exact same spot!!!!! Yep, it really hurt!!!!! If I'd had a gun on me I would have shot myself. I was DONE for a long time. Beer run time..... I was a wuss
Ouch, been there done that, isn't it amazing how we can hit the exact spot that hurts every time.:censored:LOL

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all in fun! It's does crack me up though when some dish it out ,then cry when it gets thrown back at them! I understand what the OP is saying but we have to have fun with it also! I don't think anyone should take anything personal or most of the time, serious! Especially coming from me!! lol:occasion14:

:thumbsup:

If someone complained about my dirty Fingers, I'd say that not dirt, I ran out of Toilet Paper :laughing7:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Frank, I used a book once, but people criticized me for my choice of crayon colors and sloppy coloring technique.

Yea,, some of us like to go outside the lines sometimes! Frank...
Johnie cash.jpg Walk the line

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread