Legend of the Stone Maps

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mapa de los Estados Unidos De Mejico, John Disturnell 1847 ... [Disturnell 1847 Map]

http://www.davidrumsey.com/maps2094.html (Nice enlargeable map)

Interesting map, including that 1847 date. (Of course based on earlier maps.)
-----
Included within map;

"Los Moquies han Conservado su Independence desde el ano 1680" (near Superstition area)

Also interesting;
"Antiqua Residencia de los Aztecas"

"Ruinas de los Casas de los Aztecas"

Last edited:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Pahana? Really?

"the most successful treasure hunter the Superstition Mountains has ever known...". Got a feeling .....

Maybe the most successful fake stone map creator of all time! The only thing Travis found in the Superstition's was gullible people with money!
That's why the maps have the Travis carved letters "OPM" (Other Peoples Money).
This Travis the Greatest Treasure Hunter hype leading up to the worst fake show on Treasure Hunting ever made is ridiculous. We all know he (Travis) was a liar, a criminal, and a forger. I can't believe any Jesuit Priest's would have anything to do with Travis's lies and Forgery's or his family for that matter! The only reason I can think of that the Jesuit's would even consider getting close to these Travis produced fabrications would be the off chance that someone might find some gold so they could lay claim to it in the name of the Communist Catholic (Jesuit) Pope for the good of "Social Justice".

There is no "Legend of the Stone Maps" just the lies of one dishonest maliciously evil man.

"The Greatest Swindler of The Superstition Mountains"!

Now that would be a good show!

Selling fake maps for big money and laughing about it afterwards...what a loser.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Holy Smokes Bill,

Tell us how you really feel. Maybe Ryan's trying to get a job at CNN. Who knows, but to call Travis such things without knowing the man is called Social Justice. I'd think not. A shadowy past does'nt set one's future.

The reason most believe is for the hunt, it's in are nature to seek out and solve. To dream of the one big find. But once again I'll stand stead fast that the maps tho most can not figure them out are 100 percent Valid, lead to real places, and the symbols are in the field just as shown on the maps! And I call 100 percent Bullshit on Ryan if he claimed them not to be real. That's why Family is the most important thing in life.

Wrmickel1

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And that's what makes the world go round.........

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may have missed it somewhere, since the stone maps at the superstition museum might not be the originals. Then who has them?

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's long been argued that the museum stones, those on permanent loan from the AMMM, were actually altered copies of the " bumper stones ", photographed by TT in 1949....and printed in Mar/1950.
My own opinion was that, while the Heart and HP stones were likely original, the Trail Stones were somewhat altered copies. Possibly of a different stone as well.
Since then, Ryan has published prints of the original photo and negative, that shows no certain difference between the two sets of Trail Stones.....on their face side at least.

Back before all this project ( Ryan's ) started, I posted an opinion that, if a large "treasure" were to be found by someone using the stones and the find(s) were publicized, that those stones would prove to be themselves, very valuable. Could be that some note was taken of that post. If so, I would recommend no offer to purchase them should be entertained at this time, should such an offer be made. After all, there appears to be an ongoing "walking back" of previous claims that Travis carved the "originals".

So ARE they the originals ?
Can't say for sure, but they did get me interested in an area within the mountains where I found several links to the other stones, which in turn appear to coincide with a penultimate "drawing/map" and a place where the letters " AMDG " are apparent.

Last edited:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Somehiker

I agree with you totally, is there enough difference to make a difference, Yes 2 equals three. The box 2 lines and a cross I found it, it took 8 months but I got it. It's not a treasure vault it's N S E W . It's the Start button.

From that it all plays out nice[emoji41]

Wrmickel1

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
It's long been argued that the museum stones, those on permanent loan from the AMMM, were actually altered copies of the " bumper stones ", photographed by TT in 1949....and printed in Mar/1950.
My own opinion was that, while the Heart and HP stones were likely original, the Trail Stones were somewhat altered copies. Possibly of a different stone as well.
Since then, Ryan has published prints of the original photo and negative, that shows no certain difference between the two sets of Trail Stones.....on their face side at least.

Back before all this project ( Ryan's ) started, I posted an opinion that, if a large "treasure" were to be found by someone using the stones and the find(s) were publicized, that those stones would prove to be themselves, very valuable. Could be that some note was taken of that post. If so, I would recommend no offer to purchase them should be entertained at this time, should such an offer be made. After all, there appears to be an ongoing "walking back" of previous claims that Travis carved the "originals".

So ARE they the originals ?
Can't say for sure, but they did get me interested in an area within the mountains where I found several links to the other stones, which in turn appear to coincide with a penultimate "drawing/map" and a place where the letters " AMDG " are apparent.

wayne...my take on those stone maps has always been that there is something not right about them...over the past 35 years i have seen many good men waste decades on those stone maps and never find anything but an empty wallet

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
wayne...my take on those stone maps has always been that there is something not right about them...over the past 35 years i have seen many good men waste decades on those stone maps and never find anything but an empty wallet

Say---------------WHAT![emoji3][emoji15]

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Not to forget the Bat Poo on the Superstition show. At 2.59 a pound that pile is worth quit a bit.

Wrmickel1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread