OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Well I haven't heard anything yet.If I don't hear from him today,I'll drive up there tomorrow.NOW,I want to pass something by everyone--------
What I am considering,since we are already into August,is just charging everyone $20 and have no prizes!The portalets will be $200 and the rest of the money will go to furnish some water for drinking and the rest to the landowner for letting us hunt and to cut the grass.I'm thinking late Sept(26/27) for a time frame.Fire back and let me know your thoughts.I personally think not having any prizes is no big thing with that small of a fee?Or,is the Labor Day wknd in Sept(5/6) a better time?

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The prizes are way down on my list of gotta haves, Daddy.....that and along with surprises! :D Twenty dollars to get to hunt a CW site is a great deal!! 8) I hope he says yes!! :thumbsup:

me~ :-*

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Amen Nana, I couldn't care less about prizes, I just want the chance to dig a CSA buckle (or anything CW related). I waste more then $20 on lottery tickets every month and never get a dime for it.

HH Charlie

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
I am still in!
Baggins

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
Twenty dollars is cheap and the prizes are alright but not a big deal without them. We have said in the past that no prizes and less eating would allow more hunt time.....lol. Count me in Daddy........

Gregd

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Bridge End Farm said:
mastereagle22 said:
The ONLY weekend I have any issues with is Oct 10-11Th. Anniversary you know and the wife said she is NOT spending our anniversary weekend this year at another metal detecting hunt.

She doesn't want to spend it with us again? :'( I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hurt.

She has nothing against any of you BEF she is just selfish and doesn't want to share me with anyone. :laughing7:

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me, late Sep is okay, but early Oct would be great............. :wink:
(and No prizes - No problem)

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
Ya'll bear with me one more day.He said his wife was afraid that with all the people someone may get hurt.So I explained about the waiver everyone will sign and after that he and I got into some real BS and I know it's ok with him for sure now,just depends on whether he can convince his wife.The date would be Sept 26/27.His wife's last chemo is the first and then three weeks of radiation,so that will be over.He does have a place for about 4-5 tents but does not want any RV's or campers.Anyway,I'll wait until I get the final word by tomorrow before I go into everything.Keep your fingers crossed.

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Awesome! Thanks!
Baggins

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
I QUIT!

Just got the call.He was very sorry but they do not believe they can accomodate us like they would like and therefore he said they were going to pass and hopes we can find another place.His wife is battling cancer.Her name is Laurel Holem if you would like to include her in your prayers.
I have struck out twice now,so it's time for someone else to find a hunt site.I'm really disappointed because this looked like a great place.He even had a bldg w/restrooms for our use.Besides the 40 acres,there is an acre in the woods on the backside that an elderly couple lived all their lives and when they died,that acre in the woods was deeded back to the 40.He said in the spring there are still flowers coming up that she had planted and you can see where the foundation was.He really wanted us to hunt but it was his wife's decision.I have never met her,wish I had.
But anyway,someone take over and stick a fork in me,I'm done.Sorry everyone.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I'll be there, WSD! If the lady needs some assurance, have her call me. I've had all these characters (and more) on my "place," and can vouch for their skills. Am looking forward to it! Dan probably can't come and be an A$$ due to work obligations, but I'll help out the other A$$es to live up to their names.

Let me know what I can do to help bring it altogether. Judie, Nan, Nana, Evy? Join in??? Hope to see you ALL!!! BB, MasterEagle? Gotta be there... and ALL THE REST!

Noodle

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am willing to help in any way I can !
Ron tell her husband she is in my and Jeffs prayers for a full and speedy recovery.
And if there is anyway for her to see this Daddy you got us Lala's #'s have her give us a call!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread