Mexico Record Number & Destroy Tag???? SOLVED :) Thanks Everyone!

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Mexico Record Number & Destroy Tag???? SOLVED :) Thanks Everyone!

Hi, new here...my first post.

My hubby and I have just started in the metal detecting area and are having such a great time. I have nearly lost 10 lbs in the process :) It's all that walking and the up and downs digging in the ground LOL.

Anyways, we went to the oceanfront yesterday and hubby found this piece. Have no idea what it is. At first, I thought a dog tag until I read it. Research on the net...I thought maybe a luggage/baggage tag...but still stumped. Does anyone have any idea what this is and what it was used for? There is nothing on the backside.

Thanks for your help. Have enjoyed reading all the wonderful stories and seeing the finds ya'll have made. Hope we get as lucky someday. It's only a matter of time :)

Attachments

• IMG_0109b.jpg
    IMG_0109b.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,852

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Mexico Record Number & Destroy Tag????

Just a thought on the key ring item. Maybe the owner didn't know how to destroy metal so he kept it in the key ring ;D

Michelle said:
justgeese said:
Looks like the old tags that came on car keys years ago...the number was used to referance a new key if it was needed...Just a guess and welcome
Don
good job

Upvote 0

Silver

Nov 24, 2007
Re: Mexico Record Number & Destroy Tag????

You might want to to look at at your plate on your door. I drive a 1988 Dodge Ramcharger plate on inside of drivers door says " made in mexico" :'( :'(

Upvote 0

jdcrites

Jan 19, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one of these with keys attached

Attachments

• 1454473492000.jpg
    1454473492000.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions