MOTORCYCLES!

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Silverthorn said:
Sears and Roebuck built or had a motorcycle in the 60’s. I’m not kidding, I just saw an old ad for one. I remember seeing them in the store and in the catalog. It was called a Sears and Roebuck but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was built by Briggs and Stratton or Honda. Chrysler just brought out a huge motorcycle. I don’t know if you want to count these special bikes.

I think the Sears & Roebuck might have been a badged Jawa, but not sure without looking at a pic..
rmptr

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Re: MOTORCYCLES! Dale's shop

What a great lookin' shop Dale!

THAT certainly reminds me of better times.

What a great place for a kid to be around.

rmptr

silverthorn

Mar 19, 2008
Livin' in my Checker Marathon down by the river...
Detector(s) used
Old willow divining rod... No more wire hangers !!
goldie1959 said:
nice pic's was'nt that the shop where "Carl " from Slingblade worked haha just kidding hh goldie
goldie1959 said:
nice pic's was'nt that the shop where "Carl " from Slingblade worked haha just kidding hh goldie
goldie1959 said:
goldie1959 said:

"Uummmm=Hummmmm !! Got me a hankering for somea those frenchfried potatos...!!"

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Bridge End Farm said:
ahhhhh nice pictures would oflove to shop there. Has that warm take care of you feeling in the pics

Well we did have quit a few clowns working there. Practical jokes were a common thing. It hurt business at some times.
Back when spray paint was kind of new, one of our employees was selling a can to this old guy that had never used one before. The employee said you hear that ball rattling in there? You just shake it till it stops. He sent the old man on his way only for him to return the next day. He said this can aint no good the ball wont stop rattling. With that our employee without a word turned around and handed him another can. My Father caught him half way out the door. Now you just know he was a bit upset about that.

Cocoa Cola was quite a popular drink back then and our people drank them often. They would leave them on the counter and go to the back to pull parts or something, and upon returning their bottle would be empty. So to put a stop to the thief Harvey wrote a note and placed it under the bottle. It read, “I spit in this coke.” Thinking that would stop the person from drinking the soda he went about his business, only to return to find a message at the bottom of his note that said, “So did I”
Yes those were the days.

T

trish76642

warsawdaddy said:
I envy each of you.I've wanted a motorcycle my whole life!Never could afford one.Now I'm too old! But I did buy a Eton Beamer scooter 2yrs ago!I'll follow your dust!Haven't had it jazzed up yet.They told me I could bump it up to where it would do almost 70mph.Got to sneak that upgrade past the wife and son somehow.These gravel roads are not friendly at all.
Ya never 'to old' Warsawdaddy! :wink:

goldgrubber

Jan 26, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites 5900, Minelab Excalibur
Okay, this isn't mine, but it could be. A few weeks ago I was in on making the ceremony ribbon for the Orange County Choppers new Motocoaster ride at Darien Lake Theme Park. Paul Jr. and Mikey were there to cut the ribbon, with a torch, because we made a mans ribbon. They were taping for one of their shows for a theme bike. They rode all the rides to get an idea for the bike. Last friday they brought the bike to Darien. Its up for grabs, paid admissions to the park can put their name and info in for the drawing at the end of the season. The DL Bike show airs June 26th at 9 PM. Heres a sneak peek.

Attachments

• c6.JPG
    c6.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 882
  • OCC%20moto-coaster%2014.jpg
    OCC%20moto-coaster%2014.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 884
  • DLB22.JPG
    DLB22.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 883
  • ozz 16 .jpg
    ozz 16 .jpg
    54 KB · Views: 871

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Ok Here's mine. It's not a 56 Harley, but it runs really good. A 97 Honda Shadow with 5500 miles on it.
Joe

Attachments

• stocker_side.jpg
    stocker_side.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 860
  • vlx7t.jpg
    vlx7t.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 836
OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Excellent Fatty!! I love the tail light and tins... awesome!

I put stock HD Heritage bars on my '02 Fat Boy - they fit without any cable changes and even a retard like myself can do it at home in the garage.

They give the bike a completely different look and feel. :thumbsup:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cute, huh???? ;D

biker1.jpg

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
road around new castle pa, mcconnell mills st.park ,morain st park ,butler pa , great weather great time 4th of july. great mc area to ride and harlensburg, volant pa.

zlathim

Mar 8, 2007
Boise, ID
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
This is a google photo, but it is exactly like my first bike. Yep, mine looked exactly like this one, except instaed of being all shiny and fast looking, mine was dirty and beat to he!!. It is a 1978 RM 125.

bikepics-79031-320.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread