Odyssey Marine Article...

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
landlocked said:
MABO: That's a terribly weak analogy. Spain LOST their treasure, had many years to look and find, for some reason did not, and someone else found it. The Indians, on the other hand, did not lose the gold that now sits in Knox.
:BangHead: try reading it slowly ! Vox had no problem understanding it ! Indians didn't lose it ! they just wiped them out
and took what they wanted Including their land ! It not about Spain it's about have far do you what to go back !
By the way welcome to Tnet Rambo.
Ossy

OP
OP
jeff k

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Odyssey Marine Exploration Signs Letter of Intent with Robert Fraser & Partners LLP to Syndicate Shipwreck Projects

• Press Release
• Source: Odyssey Marine Exploration, Inc.
• On 8:00 am EDT, Tuesday October 27, 2009

TAMPA, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Odyssey Marine Exploration, Inc. (NasdaqCM:OMEX), pioneers in the field of deep-ocean shipwreck exploration, has entered into a letter of intent with Robert Fraser & Partners LLP. Under the terms of the proposed arrangement, Odyssey will provide services related to the exploration and recovery of shipwrecks and other deep-ocean resources to syndicates formed by Robert Fraser & Partners to engage in deep-ocean exploration.

Under the proposed structure, Odyssey will be compensated for search, survey and archaeological excavation as well as development of research files on specific shipwreck and other deep-ocean projects. Odyssey will also have a substantial interest in the back-end of the projects and will be paid for providing other services including conservation, documentation, marketing and sales of recovered cargoes and commodities.

“We have long considered partnering on specific projects in a manner that is non-dilutive to Odyssey shareholders, but it has been a challenge to find a partner that understands the nuances and challenges of syndicating individual projects. I believe we have finally found that partner, and we are currently in the process of developing the syndication of our first project with them,” stated Greg Stemm, Odyssey’s Chief Executive Officer. “This presents an exciting opportunity to move Odyssey forward and generate current revenue from marine operations, research and expertise, while maintaining a significant interest in the projects.”

“We’re delighted on behalf of our clients and investors to be working with Odyssey and we anticipate developing a number of deep-ocean projects with them,” commented Colin Emson, Chief Executive Officer of Robert Fraser. “Having previously worked with a number of clients on a broad range of marine projects, we have gained a real appreciation for the first-class work that Odyssey has demonstrated in the field. Contracting with Odyssey is seen as bringing together highly compatible skill sets for further development of this fascinating and emerging deep-sea field. We are most enthused about working with the benefit of the new exploration technologies in which Odyssey is the acknowledged world leader and look forward to securing our first contract with them as soon as possible.”

About Robert Fraser & Partners LLP
Robert Fraser & Partners LLP is part of the London-based Robert Fraser Group, which has operated since its formation in 1934 in the fields of merchant banking and corporate, marine & property finance and structuring. The group’s core areas of expertise include extensive experience in the areas of venture capital, corporate finance, merger & acquisition structure, company expansion, new venture and global business structuring. Robert Fraser Marine, Ltd. is a part of the group which specializes in assembling projects directed at shipwreck exploration and the development of deep ocean resources.

About Odyssey Marine Exploration, Inc.
Odyssey Marine Exploration, Inc. (NasdaqCM: OMEX) is engaged in the exploration of deep-ocean shipwrecks and uses innovative methods and state-of-the-art technology to conduct extensive search and archaeological recovery operations around the world. Odyssey discovered the Civil War-era shipwreck of the SS Republic® in 2003 and recovered over 50,000 coins and 14,000 artifacts from the site nearly 1,700 feet deep. In May 2007, Odyssey announced the historic deep-ocean treasure recovery of over 500,000 silver and gold coins, weighing 17 tons, from a Colonial era site code-named "Black Swan." In February 2009, Odyssey announced the discovery of Balchin's HMS Victory. Odyssey also has other shipwreck projects in various stages of development around the world.

Odyssey offers various ways to share in the excitement of deep-ocean exploration by making shipwreck treasures and artifacts available to collectors, the general public and students through its webstore, exhibits, books, television, merchandise, and educational programs.

Odyssey's operations are the subject of a Discovery Channel television series titled "Treasure Quest," which is produced by JWM Productions. The 12-episode first season aired in the US and the UK in early 2009 and is scheduled to air worldwide throughout 2009. Production on a second season is underway.

Following previous successful engagements in New Orleans, Tampa, Detroit, and Oklahoma City, Odyssey's SHIPWRECK! exhibit is currently on exhibit at Discovery Place in Charlotte, NC. Additional information is available at www.discoveryplace.org.

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any news from La Linea court?

Jeff, you have always been a very informed person of the matters of Odyssey. Any news of La Linea court?

OP
OP
jeff k

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't heard anything specific on any of the court cases in Spain, but I see that Mayor Juarez had to resign. ;D My own opinion is that those court cases were brought because some idiots in Spain thought that the treasure was taken from Spanish waters. As you now know, that was not the case, so I think those cases are dead in the water. How's your court case coming along? Do you still have to report to the court?

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff K said:
I haven't heard anything specific on any of the court cases in Spain, but I see that Mayor Juarez had to resign. ;D My own opinion is that those court cases were brought because some idiots in Spain thought that the treasure was taken from Spanish waters. As you now know, that was not the case, so I think those cases are dead in the water. How's your court case coming along? Do you still have to report to the court?

About La Linea court, seemingly doesn't seem that it is this way. About my imputation and other people, all fervent patriots against the performances of Odyssey in Spanish waters, it will be very interesting to know the truth. But the matter is solved and we go seeing the light of this truth, on the other hand very evident.
Cheers VV

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
About La Linea court, seemingly doesn't seem that it is this way. About my imputation and other people, all fervent patriots against the performances of Odyssey in Spanish waters, it will be very interesting to know the truth. But the matter is solved and we go seeing the light of this truth, on the other hand very evident.
Cheers VV

What!!! ? :icon_scratch:

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
capt dom said:
Cheers VV

What!!! ? :icon_scratch:

What of what !!! ? :wink: :laughing9: :hello2: :icon_scratch:

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Paulo,
calls the attention a fact: in Portugal the matter Mercedes has had little resonance. How it's possible being a shipwreck happened inside the Portuguese waters, that is to say, inside the 12 nautical miles (contrarily to what disclosed by Odyssey).
Why?
(Muito obrigado pela resposta).

Panfilo

Feb 20, 2007
The widespread belief as to where the Black Swan wreck was located by Odyssey is 33 miles from the Portuguese coast, past its Territorial waters and also past its Contiguous Zone, that is more than the 24 miles where States have full jurisdiction. The fact that Portugal has not intervened in the legal battle does reinforce this perception as Spain is fully aware as to what are the exact coordinates the artifacts were recovered from and one would assume has discussed them with its good friend and neighbor Portugal.

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon
Panfilo said:
The widespread belief as to where the Black Swan wreck was located by Odyssey is 33 miles from the Portuguese coast, past its Territorial waters and also past its Contiguous Zone, that is more than the 24 miles where States have full jurisdiction. The fact that Portugal has not intervened in the legal battle does reinforce this perception as Spain is fully aware as to what are the exact coordinates the artifacts were recovered from and one would assume has discussed them with its good friend and neighbor Portugal.

Actually, it was 1 mile inside our Contiguous Zone..

Panfilo

Feb 20, 2007
Interesting Alexandre, if that is the case why would you belief that the Portuguese government did not intervene in the Tampa courts?

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Panfilo said:

Panfi, this it is a drawing made by Diego Alvear, second fleet boss when the combat and experienced astronomer and seaman. Comparing the mounts of the drawing and a current view of the Santa Maria cape you can evidence very clearly that the Mercedes has not collapsed 33 miles from land. The Mercedes's position was known by several people prior to 2007.

Attachments

• Alvear combate 02.jpg
    Alvear combate 02.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 690
  • Cabo de Santa Maria.jpg
    Cabo de Santa Maria.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 671

Panfilo

Feb 20, 2007
Yes Vox Veritas, I’m very familiar with those drawings, more so if you take into account that don Diego de Alvear was an accomplished cartographer who was returning to Spain after 30 years of work in the mapping of the now Brasil-Argentina-Uruguay borders. He was also an astronomer who spoke six languages and two dialects, very educated and experienced individual. What don Diego would have described or believed one would assume would be very, very accurate as that was his profession, he was above all a surveyor (un topografo) and he was an expert in using land marks, triangulation and relative positioning. The question one would normally arrive is this: if the wreck did occur close to the coast where you said you found it in the eighties, what has Odyssey found 23 miles off it’s shore (according to Alexandres information; I am more inclined to believe it is more than 30 miles from shore)? As 23 or 30 miles from shore would not produce the drawings you have posted. The alternative would be that the battle did occur close to shore and that part of the ship remains drifted offshore, there being two wreck sites, make any sense?

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Panfilo said:
Yes Vox Veritas, I’m very familiar with those drawings, more so if you take into account that don Diego de Alvear was an accomplished cartographer who was returning to Spain after 30 years of work in the mapping of the now Brasil-Argentina-Uruguay borders. He was also an astronomer who spoke six languages and two dialects, very educated and experienced individual. What don Diego would have described or believed one would assume would be very, very accurate as that was his profession, he was above all a surveyor (un topografo) and he was an expert in using land marks, triangulation and relative positioning. The question one would normally arrive is this: if the wreck did occur close to the coast where you said you found it in the eighties, what has Odyssey found 23 miles off it’s shore (according to Alexandres information; I am more inclined to believe it is more than 30 miles from shore)? As 23 or 30 miles from shore would not produce the drawings you have posted. The alternative would be that the battle did occur close to shore and that part of the ship remains drifted offshore, there being two wreck sites, make any sense?
Panfi, I think that Henry Deleuze knows about this matter. On the other hand, Odyssey says that ........ but they have never demonstrated openly it with palpable evidences. They are skilled players and with powerful friendships.
Diego Alvear was student of Vicente Tofiño and it was educated with the Jesuit, experts of many hidden truths to the common humans.
In 1656 the vassel San Francisco Javier exploded and the whole shipment and artillery went to the bottom. The remains of the ship reached the coast south of Cadiz. Something similar it can have happened with the Mercedes, but this doesn't change that the treasure was recovered inside the Portuguese territorial waters. Do I ignore why Portugal has not claimed, but can it be that is waiting the most opportune moment (do I say)??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread