Post Your Crazy, Insane and Problem eBay Customers Here... Sellers Too!

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listed a couple TI-83 silver edition calculators together for $50 at end of last month. Got a $45 offer on them within 5 minutes of listing it. Before I could respond to his offer (literally 1 minute 30 seconds later) as I was working on another listing, he hit the BIN button and purchased them.

Guy received his item on July 3rd, Monday. He messaged me via ebay after 9pm that same day saying one of the calculators had stiff or sticky keys, and asked what I intended to do about it. This was not true at all actually, I checked everything on both calculators. This isn't my first rodeo. I didn't check my ebay page until around noon on Wed. the 5th and that's when I saw the negative fb and his message to me.

His message to me... New message from: alexandervanberg I'm not happy about this order. Almost half the keys on one of the calculators have some kind of stickiness or stiffness. This is not good at all. This should have definitely been disclosed. I would have to ask how you intend to resolve this.

The feedback he left me... Keys were very stiff on one item. No seller communication.

So within 36 hours of messaging me during an extended holiday weekend, he decided I wouldn't be communicating with him and left me the negative. I went back and forth with this clown about holidays and giving someone until the day after a holiday or a weekend to respond, but I found I was arguing with a tree stump that had a limb stuck in his craw, so I stopped.

The only reason I'm throwing this out there is because he buys many Texas Instrument calculators and there are many on here that sell them so beware, don't give him a reason. He is lightning quick to leave negative feedback. He's on my blocked buyers list now.

Here is his profile... eBay Feedback Profile for alexandervanberg

s-l1600.jpg

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listed a couple TI-83 silver edition calculators together for $50 at end of last month. Got a $45 offer on them within 5 minutes of listing it. Before I could respond to his offer (literally 1 minute 30 seconds later) as I was working on another listing, he hit the BIN button and purchased them.

Guy received his item on July 3rd, Monday. He messaged me via ebay after 9pm that same day saying one of the calculators had stiff or sticky keys, and asked what I intended to do about it. This was not true at all actually, I checked everything on both calculators. This isn't my first rodeo. I didn't check my ebay page until around noon on Wed. the 5th and that's when I saw the negative fb and his message to me.

His message to me... New message from: alexandervanberg I'm not happy about this order. Almost half the keys on one of the calculators have some kind of stickiness or stiffness. This is not good at all. This should have definitely been disclosed. I would have to ask how you intend to resolve this.

The feedback he left me... Keys were very stiff on one item. No seller communication.

So within 36 hours of messaging me during an extended holiday weekend, he decided I wouldn't be communicating with him and left me the negative. I went back and forth with this clown about holidays and giving someone until the day after a holiday or a weekend to respond, but I found I was arguing with a tree stump that had a limb stuck in his craw, so I stopped.

The only reason I'm throwing this out there is because he buys many Texas Instrument calculators and there are many on here that sell them so beware, don't give him a reason. He is lightning quick to leave negative feedback. He's on my blocked buyers list now.

Here is his profile... eBay Feedback Profile for alexandervanberg

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like that butthole has left 11 negative feedbacks in the past month.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We need a thread, here, to post blocked/troublesome buyers/bidders. I thought there was one...:icon_scratch:

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Two sellers has the same bracelet up, within a few dollars of each other. One of them had a dent in it, and since it was hollow links, I didn't want to get it from them. One week, one of the sellers put theirs on auction instead of BIN. I waited until the end, and I won the 10g 14K bracelet for about $50 under spot. I paid right away, and waited until the day before it was due to arrive to ask the seller, UM, how is it supposed to come tomorrow if you never shipped it. He lies to me, OH, my scale was off, it wasn't 10 grams, it was only 5 so I refunded your money. The guy CANCELED my bid, choosing that I asked for it, so he wouldn't eat the fees. I am still mad about it and want to leave negative feedback. However, I don't want it to come back and bite me, so instead, I've bit my tongue.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two sellers has the same bracelet up, within a few dollars of each other. One of them had a dent in it, and since it was hollow links, I didn't want to get it from them. One week, one of the sellers put theirs on auction instead of BIN. I waited until the end, and I won the 10g 14K bracelet for about $50 under spot. I paid right away, and waited until the day before it was due to arrive to ask the seller, UM, how is it supposed to come tomorrow if you never shipped it. He lies to me, OH, my scale was off, it wasn't 10 grams, it was only 5 so I refunded your money. The guy CANCELED my bid, choosing that I asked for it, so he wouldn't eat the fees. I am still mad about it and want to leave negative feedback. However, I don't want it to come back and bite me, so instead, I've bit my tongue.
Leave him a negative. It won't come back to bite you. You're the buyer, not the seller. They deserve it. Unless you agreed to cancel the transaction that is.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
"Auction sold low. Seller lied and canceled transaction."...or something like that. I'd probably call eBay to report his lack of integrity...and to ensure the negative will stay.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Auction sold low. Seller lied and canceled transaction."...or something like that. I'd probably call eBay to report his lack of integrity...and to ensure the negative will stay.

Yeah, no way would I let someone try that without contacting eBay and at least letting them know about it.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listed an item at $45/OBO. Prospective buyer offers $17, then I counter with $30. Then he counters with...$17. DECLINE!

783663.jpg

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listed an item at $45/OBO. Prospective buyer offers $17, then I counter with $30. Then he counters with...$17. DECLINE!

View attachment 1486583
Had one recently offer me $12 on a $39.99 item. Shipping alone is gonna be close to $15 and I told him so. I countered with $30 he countered back with $17. He's blocked.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had one recently offer me $12 on a $39.99 item. Shipping alone is gonna be close to $15 and I told him so. I countered with $30 he countered back with $17. He's blocked.

I came close to blocking this user but it was getting late and I just did the decline from my phone app.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, the lowly lowballer. Used to be eBay was a safe haven from this unsightly species, normally found lurking around local sales. Now this slimy beast has infiltrated the world of online sales, via the back door left open intentionally by enabling the 'best offer' feature.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, the lowly lowballer. Used to be eBay was a safe haven from this unsightly species, normally found lurking around local sales. Now this slimy beast has infiltrated the world of online sales, via the back door left open intentionally by enabling the 'best offer' feature.

And it's not like this is a newbie who is unfamiliar with the actual value of the item in question. This lowballer has a feedback of 440.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And it's not like this is a newbie who is unfamiliar with the actual value of the item in question. This lowballer has a feedback of 440.

Those are the types I dislike most, the ones who will throw a ridiculous offer at the wall just to see if it sticks.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, i finally went back in and blocked the lowballer anyway. I have another item up that is much higher value and I didn't want him to start kicking tires on that one, too :)

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, i finally went back in and blocked the lowballer anyway. I have another item up that is much higher value and I didn't want him to start kicking tires on that one, too :)

:thumbsup:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a lot of them just try and see if the seller screwed up and set a low "automatically accept" price.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can also just ignore lowball offers and not even give them the time it takes to decline. This also has the benefit of showing other buyers there's an offer in. The offers expire in 3 days, so let them sit and expire lol

tomtom782

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those low ball offers are definitely a pet peeve of mine. I always get people who offer 50% or more offers. I usually just reply back with an offer that is a penny less than the asking. That usually sends them in a frenzy

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Ugh ... eBay customer claims to not have received their item yet. Sent them info and show that the tracking information shows that it was delivered and give them the address ... let me know if this helps.

Customer IMMEDIATELY files with their credit card company which opens a case in PayPal with "Item Not As Described". My only options are:

Already Sent a Refund
Initiate a Refund
Submit proof of item

So, what, they don't have to return it now?

Called PayPal and they're responding directly to the case with the information that I had to the credit card company. Said more than willing to give a refund if they return the item. If that item gets "returned", you know darn well that I'm filming me opening the package as I'm guessing that there isn't a book in the return package!!!

I hate people.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Customer IMMEDIATELY files with their credit card company which opens a case in PayPal with "Item Not As Described". My only options are:

How can they open a case with Not as described if they never got it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread