Post Your Crazy, Insane and Problem eBay Customers Here... Sellers Too!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He told me to call eBay. Lol. Then I asked for a screen shot. He said NO. Can't do that. Lol. Well. I guess i should refund the buyer and give it to him for free!!!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
He told me to call eBay. Lol. Then I asked for a screen shot. He said NO. Can't do that. Lol. Well. I guess i should refund the buyer and give it to him for free!!!

Why even bother with all this? The person has no recourse as they are not an interested party in this transaction so you have no reason to even entertain their inquiries. Just ignore them.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That person is a seller as well (they have recent completed listings but no active ones now) and should know how things work? Crazy. I don't think it's a scam, I think it's a spoiled person that is used to getting everything they want. I'd ignore them. Their sniper app probably glitched or their wi-fi had a "moment". Who knows?

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not really a problem, but more of an oddity. Received my shortest eBay feedback ever: "Good"

LOL At least it was a positive :D

CT1976

Dec 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seemed like when I was trying to sell my court reporting and office equipment, I always attracted the attention of the Nigerians. Another person claimed he was in his 70s and offered me a lower price for my laptop than I was selling; he must have inboxed me a dozen times. Using eBay, for me, was one bad thing and one phishing scam after another.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not griping, but I found this amusing. There is a camera that is listed at $150 OBO. I offered $125, and I just received a counter offer for... $150. I wonder if they understand the concept of best offer? I hope they aren't waiting for someone to offer them $160. :laughing7:

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I started an auction a few days ago for a camera lens. Within a day I got an offer from a guy that is also a seller. The offer was fairly strong but I have a policy of not ending an auction once it starts so I sent my standard form letter to the guy. His response was to send another offer that was about what I hoped the lens would sell for. I decided to accept his offer yesterday morning. Ended the auction & relisted as a really high BIN with best offer so no one else could buy. Before I did that I sent him a message about it. He responded to that within a couple minutes which is about how long it took to relist. Once it was relisted I sent him a link to the listing. The guy didn't make the offer at all yesterday. This morning he offered less than his original offer....

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This guy spent $550. Here's his feed back... I opened a case the same day...

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1489865977.540129.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1489865963.935426.jpg

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because he's a buyer and you can't put a negative for a buyer. So all you can do is leave him a false positive.

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Garrett sea hunter mark 2
Fisher gemini 3 ( two box )
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay basically said that a buyer can screw over a seller and the seller cannot tell anybody.... unless they leave a false positive. In which case it shows with their id as 100% positive feedback. If a guy has 300 false complaints it shows as 300 good so many people won't actually read the reviews.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay basically said that a buyer can screw over a seller and the seller cannot tell anybody.... unless they leave a false positive. In which case it shows with their id as 100% positive feedback. If a guy has 300 false complaints it shows as 300 good so many people won't actually read the reviews.

Yep I was so excited that money would've helped but jokes on me!!

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still can't believe ebay won't allow anyone to post honest feedback. That is just ludicrous to me.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had someone put an offer on a toy. I accepted. Day later says he found one cheaper sorry. Well, I said I'm confused, you put the offer on it... I'll send a cancel order request.

Why if I accepted your offer would you shop around more and not pay? Maybe offered a little less..

Buy the way, saved a tortoise from traffic yesterday. About to get hit. (Dollar to show size)

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1490447436.563581.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread