RJC..IS my Hero!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YOUR definitions...?

"Originally Posted by Oregon Viking"
pa·tri·ot
[pey-tree-uht, -ot or, esp. British, pa-tree-uht] Show IPA noun

1. a person who loves, supports, and defends his or her country and its interests with devotion.
2. a person who regards himself or herself as a defender, especially of individual rights, against presumed interference by the federal government.
3. ( initial capital letter ) Military . a U.S. Army antiaircraft missile with a range of 37 miles (60 km) and a 200-pound (90 kg) warhead, launched from a tracked vehicle with radar and computer guidance and fire control.

I'll take a guess here what Oregon Viking meant by his version of Patriot. In this case it's a person who thinking is aligned with his and others who believe in the same things. This means the 1st and 2nd Amendments among many others. This would mean not twisting these beliefs into something they were not meant to be. I'm sure being self reliant and not counting on continued handouts from others would be another. Fighting for not regulating current freedoms or restricting them in any shape or form would align with Oregon Viking thinking process and others. And I'm sure he and others and I could add to this list with some further thought. It means standing with others with common interests and doing it with devotion.

Oregon Viking... I know you don't need me to help you explain your version of Patriot but the point is I understand what you mean without it having to be spelled out in so many words. And so do many others. But "they" won't explain their simple version if it's different than ours.

What is your personal definition of "hero" and a Patriot if it differs from ours? If it doesn't why would you have to "look it up"? And I agree with T.H. that if your so offended just ignore the thread. It's simple.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want thread to remain open please keep politics out.

Please keep posts on topic....

Thank you.

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Well, before this thread gets closed (thanks fellas),.....
I'll put in my kudos to RJC, as he has always been most respectful to me,
even when we have not seen eye to eye on things.
Imho, I will also say, I believe Reb may be one of the most mis-understood, at times. (he's my friend, so I may throw "kitty scratches" ya'll don't be nice! LOL!)
I have a great love for many of you, and so hate to see everyone not playing nice. We need to lift each other up in this life, not kick each other down.

RJC, thank you for keeping the vigilant watch! I am proud to know you.
Ditto, for you to Reb.
I got to give thanks to REB myself. He and I had a civilized discussion last night about the Sons of the American Revolution organization which he is a member of and I am in the process of joining. Our discussion was the kick in the pants I needed to resume doing the research needed to complete my application. We may not always agree on everything but he's ok in my book.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I got to give thanks to REB myself. He and I had a civilized discussion last night about the Sons of the American Revolution organization which he is a member of and I am in the process of joining. Our discussion was the kick in the pants I needed to resume doing the research needed to complete my application. We may not always agree on everything but he's ok in my book.

THANKS, NHB. Just do Research & Investigation (I & R) on the "Net"; Family research is very important. NOW, a caution... you STILL have to pay dues; do you REALLY wanna go to "stuffy" meetings, dinners FULL of "prideful ppl"...? Family research on Capt. George Printz was enough for MY "papers"; don't need no mo SAR/DAR "endorsements". By ALL means... JOIN SAR; you may just like it, dunno. Sorta like becoming a Master Mason; STILL gotta pay annual dues to your "Blue Lodge"...

Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
THANKS, NHB. Just do Research & Investigation (I & R) on the "Net"; Family research is very important. NOW, a caution... you STILL have to pay dues; do you REALLY wanna go to "stuffy" meetings, dinners FULL of "prideful ppl"...? Family research on Capt. George Printz was enough for MY "papers"; don't need no mo SAR/DAR "endorsements". By ALL means... JOIN SAR; you may just like it, dunno. Sorta like becoming a Master Mason; STILL gotta pay annual dues to your "Blue Lodge"...
Reb we went as guests to their Christmas party/meeting and I did feel a bit out of place so I know what you mean. I'm a jeans & flannel shirt kind of guy but I guess someone has to represent the "farmers" who fought in the Revolution... lol .. And yeah the dues are a bit steep. Here they want dues paid to the national organization,, the state organization, AND the local group and that adds up quick. I figure I'll try it for a year and see how it goes. Another reason is that if my kids or my grand children ever want to get into it they can use my membership and all they have to prove is their lineage to me. I had a great grandmother who was DAR but they tell me they only accept past memberships back 2 generations, not 3. Figures... I am finding out alot of interesting stuff while doing the research. Like the fact that my ancestor didn't show up on any "official" records until the mid 1800s because he was one of those who were in the Concord fight. He was a paid soldier of the town of Acton Mass and was one of the original "Minutemen" but those folks were not listed anywhere in the very beginning because they would have been hung as traitors to the king. Interesting stuff for sure.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Was it you that had a wife with Mohawk Nation (aka "Indian") blood...? TREASURE her, as she, like I (Powhatan, Monacan Nations) were here BEFORE "White Man". YES; "the Blood" of Pocahontas, her father, GREAT CHIEF Powhatan were here in Virginia BEFORE the Brits at Jamestown. SAR/DAR is nice... BUT! I paid my Respects at Grandpa's (Powhatan) grave at the burial mound, next to the Pamunkey River at the REZ in Va. south of Richmond, Va. I go to Pow-Wows EVERY year, seeing my FULL-Blood kin, am known as "Quarter-Pounder", since I am 1/4 Blood; Grandma was FULL Blood Monacan Nation, my father was half-breed (with MANY fights). When I am "cheesy" (joking...), I am Quarter-Pounder with Cheese at the Pow-Wows... LOL! I salute your wife of Mohawk Nation!

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Originally Posted by Oregon Viking"
pa·tri·ot
[pey-tree-uht, -ot or, esp. British, pa-tree-uht] Show IPA noun

1. a person who loves, supports, and defends his or her country and its interests with devotion.
2. a person who regards himself or herself as a defender, especially of individual rights, against presumed interference by the federal government.
3. ( initial capital letter ) Military . a U.S. Army antiaircraft missile with a range of 37 miles (60 km) and a 200-pound (90 kg) warhead, launched from a tracked vehicle with radar and computer guidance and fire control.

I'll take a guess here what Oregon Viking meant by his version of Patriot. In this case it's a person who thinking is aligned with his and others who believe in the same things. This means the 1st and 2nd Amendments among many others. This would mean not twisting these beliefs into something they were not meant to be. I'm sure being self reliant and not counting on continued handouts from others would be another. Fighting for not regulating current freedoms or restricting them in any shape or form would align with Oregon Viking thinking process and others. And I'm sure he and others and I could add to this list with some further thought. It means standing with others with common interests and doing it with devotion.

Oregon Viking... I know you don't need me to help you explain your version of Patriot but the point is I understand what you mean without it having to be spelled out in so many words. And so do many others. But "they" won't explain their simple version if it's different than ours.

What is your personal definition of "hero" and a Patriot if it differs from ours? If it doesn't why would you have to "look it up"? And I agree with T.H. that if your so offended just ignore the thread. It's simple.
# 3.
I'll bet RJC was a firecracker in his younger days... Now a Patriot! (missile)!!!

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
What's up with all the guys lately telling moderators where to get off ? I'm not a rocket scientist but I don't see that ending well......
i had just about quit posting here until I saw that there is still some justice here when that poster got BANNED :hello2:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Was it you that had a wife with Mohawk Nation (aka "Indian") blood...? TREASURE her, as she, like I (Powhatan, Monacan Nations) were here BEFORE "White Man". YES; "the Blood" of Pocahontas, her father, GREAT CHIEF Powhatan were here in Virginia BEFORE the Brits at Jamestown. SAR/DAR is nice... BUT! I paid my Respects at Grandpa's (Powhatan) grave at the burial mound, next to the Pamunkey River at the REZ in Va. south of Richmond, Va. I go to Pow-Wows EVERY year, seeing my FULL-Blood kin, am known as "Quarter-Pounder", since I am 1/4 Blood; Grandma was FULL Blood Monacan Nation, my father was half-breed (with MANY fights). When I am "cheesy" (joking...), I am Quarter-Pounder with Cheese at the Pow-Wows... LOL! I salute your wife of Mohawk Nation!
That was me. Her grand parents raised her and her grand father was half Mohawk and had one arm. She would go trapping with him and is fairly good at skinning & stretching pelts and alot of other things I have no clue about. Her ancestors came down from Canada into New York.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
That was me. Her grand parents raised her and her grand father was half Mohawk and had one arm. She would go trapping with him and is fairly good at skinning & stretching pelts and alot of other things I have no clue about. Her ancestors came down from Canada into New York.

GREAT! I remember Mohawk Nation being of New York... part of the Iroquois Confederacy; like the Powhatan Confederacy.

Last edited:

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just my 2 cents.....RJC, keep on doing what you do....most all of us appreciate the time and effort you put in.......gary

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I am also SCV, was REBEL re-enactor Co. I, 10th Va. Cavalry (Stonewall's "Foot Cavalry") in Shenandoah Valley, back in 1973/74. On the REAL battlefields; Gettysburg, PA was my "fave"... VERY haunted place!

Interesting! I was born in Stuart, VA - home of J.E.B. who DID NOT cover Lee's flank at Gettysburg - yet the town still has a statue for him at the courthouse....

I don't know the history of my great great great grandfather, assume he was with Stuart. Don't know what he saw, or how he was captured. But I do have his original discharge paper from the prisoner of war camp. It's framed but I always carry a copy. I need to scan that and post a picture of it...

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess I'm pretty lucky on these threads! I seem to come back after all the arguments are over :)

But one thing's for sure - you can't read every single thread!

It's good to see this got peaceful again. Let's keep it that way.

After all! We're each and every one of us stuck in the mess that is our nation right now.

So? How do we fix it? Move out of New York State, California, split in two, or what?

This can't keep going on or we will go down, and deeply down. I do NOT want that, this nation is my home. And I find it very hard to believe that anyone, regardless of their beliefs, could want to ride this ship to the bottom when it was the home which nurtured them. Were they born anarchists? Communists? What's the deal here? Why destroy this, our only, country?

I just can't understand!

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Trying to "pick a fight"...? Tell me, what makes YOU think I don't care...? "No you don't care" is a VERY inflammatory statement (an attack)... or was it just a JOKE...?

Call it intuition.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions