Tenderfoot
May 19, 2013
INDIA
Detector(s) used
NONE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear All,

I am a simple & ordinary businessman from a non-descript town by the name of Cuttack in India’s State of Orissa. I think, I can safely assume from this website that all boarders here have the requisite amount of experience in this peculiar & rather unusual business of gold prospecting. I too have this long unfulfilled desire of going prospecting in quite a few places I have in mind where I am sure we could find a lot of success with regard to unearthing old gold & precious stones. Now, you may surely have this question in mind that if I am so sure of the location where we might find gold then why am I looking for a partner ??? Well, although I do have a reasonably high confidence of finding some old treasures but I do not have the finance to put up the state-of-the-art equipment for this type of a venture & that is precisely the reason why I am looking for a partner.

(PART 1)

rajeevthehunk

Tenderfoot
May 19, 2013
INDIA
Detector(s) used
NONE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, although we are located 5000 miles apart & have no inkling of each other’s intent / integrity but to that I can only say that we'll just have to trust each other because if we are successful we really don't have anything to worry about & if (God forbidding) we are not then all one loses is the effort & some money, of course, (money for travelling to those locales which are all within India).

Considering the fact that the person who might be interested in something like this must be having all the equipments & the experience necessary for this kind of an expedition, I would like to make an offer of partnership for prospecting. The finer details can always be worked out later on when you decide to respond to my offer.

Rajeev (PART 2)

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, although we are located 5000 miles apart & have no inkling of each other’s intent / integrity but to that I can only say that we'll just have to trust each other because if we are successful we really don't have anything to worry about & if (God forbidding) we are not then all one loses is the effort & some money, of course, (money for travelling to those locales which are all within India).

Considering the fact that the person who might be interested in something like this must be having all the equipments & the experience necessary for this kind of an expedition, I would like to make an offer of partnership for prospecting. The finer details can always be worked out later on when you decide to respond to my offer.

Rajeev (PART 2)

Know AMERICAN laws...? State of Florida laws...? FEDS, State, City/County laws...? NOT that easy in America; GOOD LUCK to ya!

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Everything seems to be protected here in South Florida and its not worth losing our freedom to pursue. Good luck in India.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
ECS take a look at this old postcard I found. I dont know if I posted it yet. It shows a road/trail going straight from Fort Myers to Fort Shackleford into the Miccosuki Indian Reservation. It crosses a lot of private property in between. Someone on horseback could travel fast in the dry season. The gold must have been buried somewhere along this trail or somewhere past Fort Shackleford.. What do you think ECS? BigDogDad? :laughing7:

Attachments

• everglades postcard.jpg
    everglades postcard.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 141
  • everglades postcard trail.JPG
    everglades postcard trail.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
ECS take a look at this old postcard I found. I dont know if I posted it yet. It shows a road/trail going straight from Fort Myers to Fort Shackleford into the Miccosuki Indian Reservation. It crosses a lot of private property in between. Someone on horseback could travel fast in the dry season. The gold must have been buried somewhere along this trail or somewhere past Fort Shackleford.. What do you think ECS? BigDogDad? :laughing7:
The road does go through Corkscrew Swamp which would a logical place to hide that cattle payment.I don't think Lanier would go all the way to Fort Shackleford,and return to Fort Meade.
GREEN the Confederate deserter and Union reruit who pursued Lanier also knew of this road.
The map does show the most obvious route that Lanier would take.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Ill have to study the old maps and a modern overlay map.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The "Cloud Mountain" location is near this road. I am not at liberty to comment on all that has happened with this site. It is far from over.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The "Cloud Mountain" location is near this road. I am not at liberty to comment on all that has happened with this site. It is far from over.
Its been months since we last talked about Cloud Mountain on this thread but I never thought it was over. It would be cool for you to update anything that has happened. I could always inquire from my own sources but it would be cool for you to tell the story in your own words if there is anything interesting to tell.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Still NO 1/2 ton of Confederate gold.It is just a legend that started in the 1940's and was picked up by several treasure mags in the '60's & '70's.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Still NO 1/2 ton of Confederate gold.It is just a legend that started in the 1940's and was picked up by several treasure mags in the '60's & '70's.
What was it? 40 pounds?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That road/trail looks a lot like present day Immokalee rd. (sr 82).

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yes I think it is Immokalee Road and I dont know if it existed as a trail in 1864 because I havent checked yet.. However according to modern maps the road ends near Immokalee and doesnt go any further. I can see a few bits and pieces in cattle country that may have been the old road but its not on any of my modern maps past (east of) SR29. The eastern section of this road has disappeared from maps in the Okaloacoochee Slough area..

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yes I think it is Immokalee Road and I dont know if it existed as a trail in 1864 because I havent checked yet.. However according to modern maps the road ends near Immokalee and doesnt go any further. I can see a few bits and pieces in cattle country that may have been the old road but its not on any of my modern maps past (east of) SR29. The eastern section of this road has disappeared from maps in the Okaloacoochee Slough area..

"Cattle Country" may be on PRIVATE land; reason why it is not on map, for PUBLIC land. MY "sense" from maps that I have seen, is that it IS the OLD trail.... going across PRIVATE LAND, now. HH! Good Luck!

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
"Cattle Country" may be on PRIVATE land; reason why it is not on map, for PUBLIC land. MY "sense" from maps that I have seen, is that it IS the OLD trail.... going across PRIVATE LAND, now. HH! Good Luck!
Yes the trail is the direct route and it crosses private ranch lands where permission to search would need to be obtained. Okaloachoochee is state land you can search I am told but cant keep anything. Big Cypress is completely off limits to any searching. I would not even attempt to bring a detector into a National Park or Preserve. The Indian lands are also off limits but the Indians may be approachable.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Attachments

• everglades gold medallion.jpg
    everglades gold medallion.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 125
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Heres an 1874 map commonly called the "Ives Map" showing a trail that very much resembles Immokalee Road. I wonder if its one and the same?

Attachments

• everglades Ives map 1874.jpg
    everglades Ives map 1874.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Short story-Someone else had thought they knew the location of the gold. They had thought this for over 10 years. We brought them and their equipment in. Their location was 150' from where Ovid said the gold was. They had electronics that showed an object in the ground. We dug. Nothing there. End of chapter. Story not over.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Short story-Someone else had thought they knew the location of the gold. They had thought this for over 10 years. We brought them and their equipment in. Their location was 150' from where Ovid said the gold was. They had electronics that showed an object in the ground. We dug. Nothing there. End of chapter. Story not over.

Thanks for the update. Seriously thanks.
:icon_thumright:

Did he use the avatar "mindspark"? Did he have an oldmap? Where is all of this coming from? Its always the same location. This may be the only time I agree with you BDD there is something going on. I havent quite put my finger on it but I believe the US government is involved.

I realize its Indian lands but have you been able to determine if the US government is watching?

Last question: Why did you dig in his location and not Ovids?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions