Ten minutes out with Beast.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Well the Explorer II arrived tonight and I got it together and turned it on.

Ran through the yard for ten whole minutes and found 2 copper pennies, one zinc and a piece of trash I dug to find out what it was. The 8? was 8 inches deep! For the ground conditions here that is incredible. I think I'm gonna like this new machine.

It is going to take me a while to learn this beastie, but I was expecting that so no big deal. The only question I have is do all you Minelab users carry a big stick when hunting? Because when I turned around all the squirrels, rabits, mice and other rodents were following me and my musical swinging stick around the yard. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• stuff.JPG
    stuff.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,376
  • 79.JPG
    79.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,387
  • 88.JPG
    88.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,378
  • face.JPG
    face.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,386
Upvote 0

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
Re: Ten minutes with my new hunting buddy

No need to carry another big stick, just crush em with that heavy minelab! Ive got one also with a bigger coil, I can knock over small trees with it! I'm beggining to look a bit strang though, my right arm is much larger than my left. people see me on the street and think I must have been so deformed at birth! :P

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's

I think it's called the "Popeye" arm. It's hard to get shirts that fit.

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE

Welcome to the wonderful world of Minelab! Do yourself a favor if you have the cash for it.....Get a Sunray X-1 Probe! Best investment you can make for the Explorer...Or any detector for that matter!

Stormy

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT

The army uses only minelab.....once you are done with that detector.Pick up a GPX 4000 and the one you have..... will feel like a toy.

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII

I've got the same exact detector.
PM me if you have any questions about it.

One thing I'll say about it. The more you use it the lighter it gets! :D

Congratulations on the new machine!

Ridley

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Way - Dr Doolittle! or was that Pied Piper? ;D
Well done.
My only comment regarding my Minelab machine, new as it is,
is
I'm looking forward to releasing its unrealised (so far) potential.

Cheers, Mike

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

KirkPA said:
Thanks for the close-ups of the coppa pennies. :D

Hey anytime I find Copper Pennies I am pretty excited because around here they are hard to find. I find a LOT of zincers that look like crap. And the 8? came out of the very dry, very hard ground at 8 inches.

I am glad you like the coppas, probably the only type I am going to find in this area besides the occasional wheatie.

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois

Congrats on your new detector, looking forward to seeing more of your finds.(even though you would have found more with a MXT ;D)

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

Best of luck...over the winter I might be looking for a bargain on a second detector...i cannot deny the Explorer finds are starting to raise my interests :)...

au4me

Mar 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whatever get"s the job done

make sure u ground balance

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

DFX-Gregg said:
Best of luck...over the winter I might be looking for a bargain on a second detector...i cannot deny the Explorer finds are starting to raise my interests :)...

Oh, come on, you are falling for the Minelab B.S.? :D

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

KirkPA said:
DFX-Gregg said:

Oh, come on, you are falling for the Minelab B.S.? :D

Kirk...I would not get it to replace my dfx...just to work with it...not sure...but also looking at a few others... Most of the people I talked to that have both claim each has its own advantages.... :)

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

dgaughan said:
hey what did the cylon come up as on your detector

Couldn't get near it the machine sounded like it was playing Smoke on the Water!!
And as much as I am excited about my new machine and the title of my post I do not intend to replace Baldingboy! Love ya like a brothr BB!

Dreamweaver43

May 25, 2006
Wisconsin

I was at a park where a guy almost ran me down when he saw my explorer, and wanted to compare his XLT w/the minelab on live targets. I said cool!

The only difference that I saw was that the explorer could target ID the deeper signals better than the XLT. We found some deep clad pennies & junk, 7 inches or so. The XLT was able to detect the target, but the VDI numbers were different, where as the minelab tone was clearly identifing a highly conductive target. One of the targets the guy said he probably would not have digged due to the quality of the signal. I would assume that the deeper the target, the more this would be happening. I don't know.

Also the DD coil could separate targets better than the concentric, or at least with the DD you knew there were multiple targets under the coil.

I never used a XLT or a DFX. I own a whites surfmaster, and that is awesome on the beach, so don't give me that minelab BS. But it seemed that target ID was better with the explorer.

The guy thanked me, but said he was keeping the XLT.

Brad

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE

Well.....For me and my area the Minelab has more then proved itself.  I will never go back to another machine, it just works to well and cuts right through our heavy ground mineralization and gets depth.  Everyone that has a minelab swearers by them... That should say great thing about the detector.  I would be interested to know how many of you people that keeps saying "The minelab hype" have actually owned one?

Obviously, Mastereagle has already made a find that he is not used to with his other detector. If he was happy about pulling a 80's penny from 8" deep....That means his other machine were unable to reach that depth and now he is happy he can. I will be watching him and his finds on here....They will only be getting better IMHO.

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils

Stormtrooper154 said:
Well.....For me and my area the Minelab has more then proved itself. I will never go back to another machine, it just works to well and cuts right through our heavy ground mineralization and gets depth. Everyone that has a minelab swearers by them... That should say great thing about the detector. I would be interested to know how many of you people that keeps saying "The minelab hype" have actually owned one?

If you're looking for old, deep coins here in CA, the Minelab is a must. Is there anyone on this forum who lives in CA, owns a Whites, and has found more than 50 silver coins this year with his machine??? Anyone???

The whites machines have problems in areas with high mineralization and areas where there is a lot of trash masking the oldies below 6". One of my md'ing buddies owns an XLT, and much of the little bits of foil, pieces of deep tabs, rusty nails, get falsely identified as good targets with his machine. While looking for deep targets, he ended up with a pouch full of trash and only a few coins. Not worth the effort here in CA, unless you want to dig shallow targets.

I do have a White's PI machine for the beach, and I like it a lot. Then again, I dig everything in the sand.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

Captain, if I lived in CA, I would find more quality of coins than you dudes. Nothing against your style of park hunting, but I would peruse the oooold history books, in hopes of locating areas older than the average park with Mercs and Rosies. I would put bets down on the table that another California dude named, grubby, would out-detect you guys with finds. He uses a White's, too.

All in all, it doesn't matter where one lives in the country, it is all about ra-search. So, a White's could still kick a$$ in CA. Anyways, parks bore me to hell, so I would rather not detect them. I am happy you dudes do. Thanks for leaving the oldies for dudes who ra-search. :D

Captain SE, you are doing great this year. Keep it up. I wish you luck on your next park adventure. HH, bud!

Kirk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions