Ten minutes out with Beast.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Well the Explorer II arrived tonight and I got it together and turned it on.

Ran through the yard for ten whole minutes and found 2 copper pennies, one zinc and a piece of trash I dug to find out what it was. The 8? was 8 inches deep! For the ground conditions here that is incredible. I think I'm gonna like this new machine.

It is going to take me a while to learn this beastie, but I was expecting that so no big deal. The only question I have is do all you Minelab users carry a big stick when hunting? Because when I turned around all the squirrels, rabits, mice and other rodents were following me and my musical swinging stick around the yard. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• stuff.JPG
    stuff.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,377
  • 79.JPG
    79.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,388
  • 88.JPG
    88.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,379
  • face.JPG
    face.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,387
Upvote 0

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Re: Ten minutes with my new hunting buddy

MasterEagle...never be sorry for your so-called meagor posts....all finds are fascinating, regardless if it's clad or silver or colonials or pull tabs. You are learning your machine and you are off to a good start. Good luck to you in your finds and I wish you many wonderful days hunting. Maybe you can get wifey a detector for her birthday and you both can detect together.

I love detecting with my hubby....I sweep over areas he's been and come up with clad he missed!!! We love seeing who finds the most clad at the beach!! Have to admit, that other night he finally beat me!!! I only had $1.75 in quarters, where he had $4.00 in quarters. But I had 3 nickels and he never has any luck in finding nickels. He's still trying to learn that signal. I recorded all of our finds and we keep track...it's a great, friendly, hubby & wife competion we have going on!!!

Grubby....besides the Exp II being too heavy and bulky for me (I'm a tall 4'11")....I don't like using something that's bigger than me!!! LOL...but I did not like the signals (tones)...I was getting very fustrated...so hubby uses it now.

And I love my Garrett Ace 250....only have two coils for it...I personnally prefer the real tiny coil....the big one, is ok....I guess.

And the deepest I have ever gone with my 250 was 11-12"...no chit sherlock...on the side of my house...where I dug up this old spoon...and we have CLAY in our yard about 2" down...very hard to dig in, esp when you have had no rain! That was a chore digging that signal and I was NOT GOING TO GIVE UP!!!!!!!!! (ok...I did have hubby come finish digging the hole....I was getting so mad!!!!!!!! >:()

I don't care what detector someone uses....what ever suits you, the individual and learning your machine. My little 250 has found more jewelry than hubby's Exp II...but then again, it's learning your machine!!!

We have "Coppa" here...but I just haven't been to a site that will produce it....or spent enough quality time digging signals to find it....but I have my silver!!! Only a couple of mercs and some rosies...but they are silver and I love my silver!!!!!!!!

However, I did find my first colonial button at our Pipsico Hunt we had in May...and come Oct/Nov...we hope to find lots more..that land has alot of history / battles etc. Anyone can join in the hunt, but read the rules in the VIRGINIA thread under PIPSICO HUNT.

Keep posting MasterEagle....I look forward to all your wonderful finds!!!!! Oh and that big thing in your yard...I find with the piping coming up in the middle of my front yard (street to house)...some days are better than others...but there are days when my machine goes nuttso.....and it's where the pipes are...but other days...never a problem...hmmm?

Happy Hunting Master!
Annmarie

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Ok I have given the Explorer a new name, Beast is its new name.

I actually got to go for 45 minutes to a local park with a wood chip lot. Found a variety of things. I know not much to look at but that is why I put it inside this post rather than start a new topic.

Attachments

• allstuff.JPG
    allstuff.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 185
  • smallstuff.JPG
    smallstuff.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 175
  • dontknow.JPG
    dontknow.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 183

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread