Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
point hunter said:
I have a $100.00 dollar bill that says you cannot scientifically prove dowsing doesn't work. I mean proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to me and all the other members here who can and do dowse whenever we feel like it.

What would you accept as proof?

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What would you accept as proof?

point hunter

Feb 1, 2007
West Monroe, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI 2500
Hi Carl. Show the scientific studies or the links to them, that prove dowsing does not exist. I want to see 3rd party proof that is non biased in nature. Tests that have been conducted by professionals with the proper University credentials in controlled conditions. Not something off some website, big money pressure, or a treasure hunting forum. If you can do that, and the members here accept these studies as proof positive, then I will stand corrected.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Peg Leg wrote:
Treasure Hunting is a serious business and not for CHILDREN.

I respectfully disagree, friend Pegleg; in my opinion, treasure hunting is serious business for EVERYONE including children. Kids who are exposed to treasure hunting grow up to be adult treasure hunters.

af1733 wrote:
Everyone else has to dowse when the solar flares are right or they have a magnet in their shoe, and never when there are skeptics around, because you just can't dowse with a skeptic around putting off those negative thoughts.

I respectfully disagree, friend af1733; I have no problems with any sort of solar flares, moon phases, magnets etc, in fact the only weather type problem that gives me fits is WIND. Of course I do not dowse for treasures, only water, and the person who showed me how to do this also only searched for water, and also had no problems with any sort of solar flares, moon phases, etc.

af1733 wrote:
No one is willing to prove that dowsing works.

I must take exception to this statement as well my friend - I have ZERO problem with ANY skeptic who wants to come visit and give a "demo" of dowsing for water, and am confident that there are MANY water-dowsers out there who have no problem with an audience. Of course again this is not treasure-dowsing, but for any skeptic who truly wants to see how water dowsing is done and if it "works" it should be NO problem to locate a local water dowser in your own area and go along with them (or have them come to your place, see if they can locate your hidden water lines etc) so I have to disagree with your statement.

I think a great deal of our differences could be settled with a 'get-together' something like the coin-shoots held by metal detecting clubs. As much as we may disagree about dowsing, we really do have common interests - such as treasure hunting! So you use a metal detector, and John Smith uses a willow branch, you use a spade while Jane Doe uses a screwdriver; we do have common interests, just differences of opinions on "what works". In my own humble opinion, if it works for you and you are HAVING FUN - then by all means use that method! After all, having FUN is the desired result of a pursuit like searching for treasures.

Oroblanco

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Dell Winders said:
You got your forum running yet, Dell?

Did you make everyone aware of the fact that you have your own forum that no one bothers to visit, but you feel a need to copy posts from T'Net into without providing author credits?

How about publicly accusing Randi of slander with no proof and no actions to back these accusations?

How about selling devices that you profit from but do not guarantee to work in any way whatsoever?

What do you have to teach people, Dell, that they can't learn for themselves, or maybe by watching an episode or two of COPS?

Clown, you still whining and complaining about what others do. You need to get your own life.
What an excellent argument, Dell! Oh, wait..... Never mind. I was reading what I wrote. Your response is best compared to a Dust Buster.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Peg Leg said:
af1733,
Correct me if I am wrong but since your ARE against dowsing in any way shape or form are you not on the wrong forum.

You are a SKEPTIC. That is clearly seen by your posting AND according to the rules you are not even allowed to be here.

PEG LEG
Right forum or wrong forum, Peggie? ::)

Let me clarify something for you, since you seem to have missed it. There is a forum titled "Why I Think Dowsing Works" and a forum titled "Why I Think Dowsing Doesn't Work." The forum you are currently in is entitled "Dowsing" and is open to believers and nonbelievers alike. If you don't like it here, then you are more than welcome to stop by "Why I Think Dowsing Works" and encounter no skeptics whatsoever.

The rest of your post doesn't deserve a response......

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
point hunter said:
Well, af1733 all I got was a lot of hot air. It's already warm enough down here, but thanks anyway. I still have my $100.00 bucks. Next? :)
Hey, there's another dowser in the forum, ignoring posts they don't like and just asking more questions.....

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
point hunter said:
Hi Carl. Show the scientific studies or the links to them, that prove dowsing does not exist. I want to see 3rd party proof that is non biased in nature. Tests that have been conducted by professionals with the proper University credentials in controlled conditions. Not something off some website, big money pressure, or a treasure hunting forum. If you can do that, and the members here accept these studies as proof positive, then I will stand corrected.
So, essentially what you are saying is that any controlled study performed by a university with the proper credentials that has ever been posted to a website is null just based on the fact that it went up on the web?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Wh
at an excellent argument, Dell! Oh, wait..... Never mind. I was reading what I wrote.
Who would waste their time hacking your silly little forum, Dell? Everything there was already written here anyway....
Hey, there's another dowser in the forum, ignoring posts they don't like and just asking more questions.....
So, essentially what you are saying is that any controlled study performed by a university with the proper credentials that has ever been posted to a website is null just based on the fact that it went up on the web?
Af1733.....Twist and spin .,...Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
Wh
at an excellent argument, Dell! Oh, wait..... Never mind. I was reading what I wrote.
Who would waste their time hacking your silly little forum, Dell? Everything there was already written here anyway....
Af1733.....Twist and spin .,...Art
Art didn't understand a post....what a surprise.....

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Dell Winders said:
Hey clown, You posted 4 complaints complaints about others in a row. Looks like you are getting frustrated because you can't have your way. Poor Baby!
Complaints or responses, Dell? Do you know the difference?

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Dell Winders said:

None of the posts deserve a complaint response from you, clown. You can't live other peoples lives. So get your own life, or is this forum and complaining about what others do, your only life ??? Sad!
Let's try this again, Dell. Do you know the difference between a complaint and a response?

What you are doing right now is complaining about me. What I did when responding to Peggy was explain to him the difference between the three dowsing forum formats available. Maybe you should reread the post? ???

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Topic: There are some real people here.
gee af1733...I am a real person...How about you?....Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
Topic: There are some real people here.
gee af1733...I am a real person...How about you?....Art
That's right, it started off as Peggy's ode to a self-proclaimed psychic. That's real, alright.... ::)

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Dell Winders said:
Let's try this again, Dell. Do you know the difference between a complaint and a response?

What you are doing right now is complaining about me. What I did when responding to Peggy was explain to him the difference between the three dowsing forum formats available. Maybe you should reread the post?

Yes Clown, I see your limited thinking, so in order to have intelligent discussions about Dowsing experiences, I am asking you not to seek attention by "responding" with arguments and complaints against Dowsers, and Dowsing . Share your own personal dowsing experiences, and stop whining about ours.

If you want the forum all to yourself for ranting, you can have it. Just say so.
Okay, BADLY DRAWN TREASURE LOGO THING, tell us why you think dowsing works. No one else's opinion, and no links to dowsing sites, just your own personal theory.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Dell Winders said:
I don't just think Dowsing works for me, it's an acknowledged fact. I "know" it works for my use as a treasure Hunter, lest I wouldn't be using it, or sharing my personal experiences with Dowsing.

My personal perspective, and a few examples are posted on this Dowsing forum. Dell
But why is the question. I have no doubt that you believe dowsing works, but there has to be an explanation. What moves the rods?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread