There are some real peop[le here.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=af1733
Nope, no way, but the "human" does pick it up and subconsciously manipulates the rods to cause them to move i.e.ideo response thingy. Don Jose de La Mancha
^^^^^

Well, a human brain is much more advanced that any computer out right now, but I fail to see how such a minute signal could travel from a piece of buried gold to the human mind.
How minute of a signal is an odor? Moths can detect each other at kilometres of distance.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If that's all there was, then why does anyone even own metal detectors?

Because we all are different in our inherent abilities and willingness to develop others. why aren't we all Olympic champions, Einsteins, or world class weghtlifters?

A hunter would never have to dig a pull-tab again if they could somehow sense there was gold or no gold in a particular spot.
Quite true, "IF" we all could sense it's presence ------ however, we all differ in our senses as above, and most simply will not take the time to actually develop them. If you, for example, spent as much time actually working and trying to develop dowsing ability as you did to learn to walk, you would probably be quite amazing in your ability today.

If I spent as much time as a an accomplished concert pianist did learning, i could probably play very well indeed, but would I excel him/her? Remember we are all different in our our abilities.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The human mind is advanced, but our senses are also limited. A dog has a more sensitive sense of smell than we do, birds can detect earthquakes better than we can, an owl can see better at night than we can.
Even if the brain could somehow detect this gold signal, the limitations of our bodies wouldn't let us receive the signal to be processed.
Wrong, we do and generally indicate it via external devices, rods etc. Remember, we also have senses and abilities that none of them possess. Snakes live in an infrared world, we live in what to us is a visible light world, we each have simply developed an ability to utilize different frequencies.

Jose de La Mancha

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
So, in essence you are saying that I could train my mind to sense the gold wherever it is under the ground? I wouldn't need rods to do it, as they are only there to enable in pointing the way to the gold?

So wouldn't it make more sense to attach the gold to the dowser, rather than the rod? And what about jewelry or surgical implants that are made of something other than gold? Surely they would affect the seach for gold.

And how would one train to use this talent? Sit all day and have someone hide a gold object then see if you can guess where it is?

There must be some sort of training regimien, because if someone trained hard enough, the body can be built up to be faster and stronger, if one studied hard enough they could rise to a near-genius level, but you would have to possess these abilities in order to improve them.

A sixth sense to somehow "smell" gold and to be able to pinpoint it is not something humans are born with, and why would we be? There's no need for it since gold is not crucial to our survival. To say that you can somehow grow and develop a sense that humans aren't born with is a good bit over the edge.

You can learn a skill, but you can't learn a sense.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=af1733 linkSo, in essence you are saying that I could train my mind to sense the gold wherever it is under the ground? I wouldn't need rods to do it, as they are only there to enable in pointing the way to the gold?
Yes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So wouldn't it make more sense to attach the gold to the dowser, rather than the rod? And what about jewelry or surgical implants that are made of something other than gold? Surely they would affect the seach for gold.
whatever, and probably do. Just do not forget the minds filtering ability.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And how would one train to use this talent? Sit all day and have someone hide a gold object then see if you can guess where it is?
Can you think of a different way? How does an Olympic gymnast learn or a pianist?

There must be some sort of training regimien, because if someone trained hard enough, the body can be built up to be faster and stronger, if one studied hard enough they could rise to a near-genius level, but you would have to possess these abilities in order to improve them.
SO?? As for raising the inherent ability of a mind no, but one can learn to take full advantage of it's basic ability..

A sixth sense to somehow "smell" gold and to be able to pinpoint it is not something humans are born with, and why would we be?
Smell is a completely incorrect word altough it does involve a sense.. Perhaps not of Gold as such, but?

There's no need for it since gold is not crucial to our survival.
But allied data which may use the same basic ability?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To say that you can somehow grow and develop a sense that humans aren't born with is a good bit over the edge.
And just how do you intend to prove that they aren't born with it / them?

First, just what IS a sense?

Don Jose de La Mancha

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
RealdeTayopa said:
=af1733 linkSo, in essence you are saying that I could train my mind to sense the gold wherever it is under the ground? I wouldn't need rods to do it, as they are only there to enable in pointing the way to the gold?
Yes.

whatever, and probably do. Just do not forget the minds filtering ability.

Can you think of a different way? How does an Olympic gymnast learn or a pianist?

SO?? As for raising the inherent ability of a mind no, but one can learn to take full advantage of it's basic ability..

A sixth sense to somehow "smell" gold and to be able to pinpoint it is not something humans are born with, and why would we be?
Smell is a completely incorrect word altough it does involve a sense.. Perhaps not of Gold as such, but?

There's no need for it since gold is not crucial to our survival.
But allied data which may use the same basic ability?

To say that you can somehow grow and develop a sense that humans aren't born with is a good bit over the edge.
And just how do you intend to prove that they aren't born with it / them?

First, just what IS a sense?

Don Jose de La Mancha
All you've written here relies on complete conjecture and an ignorance of what we know the mind to be capable of. I'm not going to say that science has come anywhere near mapping the brain and understanding its complexities, but most of what you've said is brazenly assumptive. Just because you believe it to be true, or you desire for a reason it should be true, does not make it so.

And to top it off you're asking me to prove that humans aren't born with an innate sense of sniffing out buried gold? Where, in the history of the world, is it written and accepted that humans have a sense of gold at birth to go along with their other five senses?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
author=af1733 All you've written here relies on complete conjecture and an ignorance of what we know the mind to be capable of.
And just what IS the mind capable of?
I'm not going to say that science has come anywhere near mapping the brain and understanding its complexities, but most of what you've said is brazenly assumptive.
since we know far less of what the mind is capable of than what we think that we know, why is it any more assumptive to give it credit than to deny it?

Just because you believe it to be true, or you desire for a reason it should be true, does not make it so.
Correct, nor does it make it untrue. This applies to both trends of thinking, pro and con..

And to top it off you're asking me to prove that humans aren't born with an innate sense of sniffing out buried gold? Where, in the history of the world, is it written and accepted that humans have a sense of gold at birth to go along with their other five senses?

This is a weird statement, rather silly in fact on the face of it...Where in the past is the future of the ultimate development of human psyche / physiological / psychological factors accurately written?

Incidentally, why do you limit the human to only five senses, and which would you say they are.?

Don Jose de La Mancha

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
RealdeTayopa said:
author=af1733 All you've written here relies on complete conjecture and an ignorance of what we know the mind to be capable of.
And just what IS the mind capable of?
You don't honestly expect an answer to this, so why ask?

RealdeTayopa said:
I'm not going to say that science has come anywhere near mapping the brain and understanding its complexities, but most of what you've said is brazenly assumptive.
since we know far less of what the mind is capable of than what we think that we know, why is it any more assumptive to give it credit than to deny it?
Because to assume the mind can locate gold simply by thinking about it, or picking up undetectable signals is pure fantasy. If this were true, there would be no gold left, no one would lose wedding rings, and the Lost Dutchman's Mine would no longer be lost.

RealdeTayopa said:
Just because you believe it to be true, or you desire for a reason it should be true, does not make it so.
Correct, nor does it make it untrue. This applies to both trends of thinking, pro and con..
Easy to say, but it doesn't really apply in practice. Never out of the blue would I say, "The brain cannot locate gold simply by thinking about it or picking up some microscopic signal."

Nor is there any logical reason to think anyone would suggest it could.
RealdeTayopa said:

This is a weird statement, rather silly in fact on the face of it...Where in the past is the future of the ultimate development of human psyche / physiological / psychological factors accurately written?

Incidentally, why do you limit the human to only five senses, and which would you say they are.?

Don Jose de La Mancha
So, along with sight, touch, taste, hearing and smell, you're suggesting the human mind has somehow grown a 6th sense, explicitly for the location of gold?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=af1733 link=And just what IS the mind capable of?
^^^^^^
You don't honestly expect an answer to this, so why ask?
Butyou ask?

^^^^^^
Because to assume the mind can locate gold simply by thinking about it, or picking up undetectable signals is pure fantasy. If this were true, there would be no gold left, no one would lose wedding rings, and the Lost Dutchman's Mine would no longer be lost
.**************
Wrong, since it is basically an undeveloped ability, not a sense in the strict wording, any more than the so called others. Incidentally, why the fixation on gold? The mind is capable of an infinite no of detections and reactions. Based upon this reasoning, there should no longer be any buried or lost treasures since metal detectors have been available since the early 1900's. and of course we all are capable of lifting 600+ #, or writing a new opera, winning the internatonal automotive races, or whatever, BUT?.

[Just because you believe it to be true, or you desire for a reason it should be true, does not make it so.
^^^^^
Easy to say, but it doesn't really apply in practice. Never out of the blue would I say, "The brain cannot locate gold simply by thinking about it or picking up some microscopic signal."
Nor is there any logical reason to think anyone would suggest it could.
Hmm but isn't that exactly what you have been saying?

This is a weird statement, rather silly in fact on the face of it...Where in the past is the future of the ultimate development of human psyche / physiological / psychological factors accurately written? Incidentally, why do you limit the human to only five senses, and which would you say they are.?
^^^^^^^
So, along with sight, touch, taste, hearing and smell, you're suggesting the human mind has somehow grown a 6th sense, explicitly for the location of gold?
Again, out of context, as mentioned before, why this fixation on just gold? A simple corollary, I have a short wave radio receiver, it can pick up almost the entire basic spectrum of normal communicative radio transmissions, but it isn't designed nor limited to say 1500 kc. so why would the brain be limited to "Gold"?

Don Jose de La Mancha

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Don't look to me for answers on why the brain is supposed to be able to detect gold. This was never my claim, it is the claim of dowsers.

Metal detectors have been available since the early 1900's? I can only assume you are speaking of the invention date of the metal detector, but your date precludes the availability of detectors for hobby use.

I finally figured out why much of what you say makes so little sense, RT! You have no talent for comparisons whatsoever.

A short wave radio can pick up a spectrum of radio transmissions, so the brain must be able to detect numerous treasures buried underground, based on unknown and unresearched natural signals that bounce off the treasures? Since other types of waves bounce off other types of materials and because these signals that are detectable, this must be true!

Heck, why not say, "Since gold is yellow, and the sun is yellow, the sun must be made of gold!"

You have to be sure your comparisons make sense before you write them, RT.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=af1733
Don't look to me for answers on why the brain is supposed to be able to detect gold. This was never my claim, it is the claim of dowsers.

Metal detectors have been available since the early 1900's? I can only assume you are speaking of the invention date of the metal detector, but your date precludes the availability of detectors for hobby use.

I finally figured out why much of what you say makes so little sense, RT! You have no talent for comparisons whatsoever.

A short wave radio can pick up a spectrum of radio transmissions, so the brain must be able to detect numerous treasures buried underground, based on unknown and unresearched natural signals that bounce off the treasures? Since other types of waves bounce off other types of materials and because these signals that are detectable, this must be true!

Heck, why not say, "Since gold is yellow, and the sun is yellow, the sun must be made of gold!"

Do you really expect a serious response to that weird post ? it is even more in dissonance than the last few.

Don Jose de La Mancha

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
RealdeTayopa said:
=af1733

Do you really expect a serious response to that weird post ? it is even more in dissonance than the last few.

Don Jose de La Mancha
Well, I don't expect you to form a cohesive response to the post, since the post is filled with examples of your own flawed logic, which make little sense even to you.

What I'm trying to show you here is that there is no direct link between the physical sciences involved in radio transmission, and the signals you claim are bouncing off of buried gold. There may very well be a link, but one that hasn't been established or researched in any way at all.

How about this? In the Certain Minerals thread, you jumped all over Carl for the specifics of his experiment with the Lapis Lazuli. Why don't you present the same evidence here in regards to the brain receiving random gold signals? ::)

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=af1733

HA AHAH af
What I'm trying to show you here is that there is no direct link between the physical sciences involved in radio transmission, and the signals you claim are bouncing off of buried gold. There may very well be a link, but one that hasn't been established or researched in any way at all.
Quite incorrect, everything, including us, is simply a mass of frequencies. Long ago proven by the nuclear sciences. Side thingy, but what is the Periodic table based upon?

How about this? In the Certain Minerals thread, you jumped all over Carl for the specifics of his experiment with the Lapis Lazuli. Why don't you present the same evidence here in regards to the brain receiving random gold signals? ::)
He actually jumped upon me, I simply asked him for his data on the experiment that he said he did?~~~~~~~

". But unlike you, I am willing to actually do the experiment, not only to prove it to myself, but to prevent true believers from claiming that I refused to give it a try.

Past successful dowsing in recovering gold based treasures has already done this. I agree most dowsing is not 100% for sure, but if even only one is successful, it indicates something, some frequency etc., is being picked up -so far unexplainable so we regress to theories etc.

Don Jose de La Mancha Tropical Tramp

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner

Gee af1733....I have ask you more than one time which physical sciences you are talking about and you can not respond. How can you state that there has been no research on these theories? PEOPLE are using these theories every day. Research is easy. Try it some day and quit waiting for some paper to be published...Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
RealdeTayopa said:
Past successful dowsing in recovering gold based treasures has already done this. I agree most dowsing is not 100% for sure, but if even only one is successful, it indicates something, some frequency etc., is being picked up -so far unexplainable so we regress to theories etc.

What you're basically saying is that because someone won the lottery one time somewhere, everyone can win if they buy enough tickets?

How about this? Let's say no frequencies are involved, since none have been discovered and none are likely to ever be discovered, and that the person who found gold that first time just got lucky. Just like the lottery winner. What are you really doing then?

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:

Gee af1733....I have ask you more than one time which physical sciences you are talking about and you can not respond. How can you state that there has been no research on these theories? PEOPLE are using these theories every day. Research is easy. Try it some day and quit waiting for some paper to be published...Art
Research is easy, Art? Well, that would explain why you've never cracked a textbook...

If it's so easy, then please tell me; What are the signals that are bouncing off of the gold, where do those signals originate from, and how does your brain receive them? Tell me that and I'll shut up about it.

No research, no published papers, just tell me.

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
NO ONE can show how the brain really works.
I find it strange that some people after having a tooth filled can hear music or even pick up a radio signal. Everything is made up of atoms so who is to say one way or the other that a person cannot pick up the atoms of gold.
When dowsing the instrument you use is just an extension of the brain or a TOOL. It can be compared to a Bomb sensing robot or a DOPE sniffing dog.
Have you ever had the feeling that someone was staring at you and when you looked around there WAS someone staring at you.
When I was a child I spent most of my time by myself in the woods across the street from where I lived in Georgia. When I got older I was able to sense certain things going on around me including danger.
When I went into the military I was a SNIPER and was DAMN good at my job simply because I was aware of my surroundings. I had a SIX SENSE which later on grew to where I could FEEL certain things. I joined several Para Normal groups until I found these groups to be B.S.. I left because everyone wanted to play head games and not spend the time trying to better themselves or their gift. I dropped the whole deal and until within the last several years have I even thought about getting involved once again.
I feel that my gift has become stronger actually to a point that is does not matter to me one way or the other what people think about me on my talents one way or the other.
I know what I am able to do and that is all that matters.
Well thats all I have to say except that you must believe in yourself and if you think you can DO IT then DO IT and to hell with what others think.
PEG LEG

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Peg Leg said:
NO ONE can show how the brain really works.
I find it strange that some people after having a tooth filled can hear music or even pick up a radio signal. Everything is made up of atoms so who is to say one way or the other that a person cannot pick up the atoms of gold.
When dowsing the instrument you use is just an extension of the brain or a TOOL. It can be compared to a Bomb sensing robot or a DOPE sniffing dog.
Have you ever had the feeling that someone was staring at you and when you looked around there WAS someone staring at you.
When I was a child I spent most of my time by myself in the woods across the street from where I lived in Georgia. When I got older I was able to sense certain things going on around me including danger.
When I went into the military I was a SNIPER and was DAMN good at my job simply because I was aware of my surroundings. I had a SIX SENSE which later on grew to where I could FEEL certain things. I joined several Para Normal groups until I found these groups to be B.S.. I left because everyone wanted to play head games and not spend the time trying to better themselves or their gift. I dropped the whole deal and until within the last several years have I even thought about getting involved once again.
I feel that my gift has become stronger actually to a point that is does not matter to me one way or the other what people think about me on my talents one way or the other.
I know what I am able to do and that is all that matters.
Well thats all I have to say except that you must believe in yourself and if you think you can DO IT then DO IT and to hell with what others think.
PEG LEG
I have no doubt whatsoever that you came to develop a "sixth sense," especially considering the surroundings you worked in while in the military. This is what I believe lends creedence to several claims of dowsing prowess, the ability to see and study your surroundings and train yourself to intrepret the most likely areas where any type of treasure may exist.

The signals that people are talking about are simply guesses, not back by any scientific evidence whatsoever. A theory, when speaking in scientific terms, is a mathematical description, a logical explanation, a verified hypothesis, or a proven model of a thought or idea. None of the claims put forward here are theories, they are simply guesses.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
The signals that people are talking about are simply guesses, not back by any scientific evidence whatsoever. A theory, when speaking in scientific terms, is a mathematical description, a logical explanation, a verified hypothesis, or a proven model of a thought or idea. None of the claims put forward here are theories, they are simply guesses.
And these thories of yours Have been proven by Who...Keep guessing and you may be right some day...Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
And these thories of yours Have been proven by Who...Keep guessing and you may be right some day...Art
This is what you fail to grasp (big surprise!). I've never once presented my views in a scientific manner. I stated that "I believe" and "My opinion is" but never "I have a theory that." If you don't know what theory means then you can't say you have a theory. All you have is a guess.

If you want to guess that magical waves from who-knows-where travel down and burrow through the ground and strike buried gold, then travel back up, somehow changed to the point that your brain can detect them and then point the way to the gold, that's all fine and good.

But, if you want to present this "theory" based on scientific evidence, mathematics or logic, then be prepared to be questioned. Your "theory" has a lot of holes, Art.

By the way, what theories of mine are you referring to, Art?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=af1733 link=

What you're basically saying is that because someone won the lottery one time somewhere, everyone can win if they buy enough tickets?

I believe that your former statistics friends claimed this. If there were enough lotteries and enough tickets, eventually yes, may take a few million years but---hehe. but what does this have to do with the unknown senses of the human mind?

How about this? Let's say no frequencies are involved, since none have been discovered and - "none are likely to ever be discovered" -. (emphasis is mine JdM TT)
ah ah asumptions again.
and that the person who found gold that first time just got lucky. Just like the lottery winner. What are you really doing then?
No question that some occurances were lucky, some educated guesses, or whatever, but those others that had no visible clues ?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
af1733 !

What I'm trying to show you here is that there is no direct link between the physical sciences involved in radio transmission, and the signals you claim are bouncing off of buried gold.
Obviously you are weak in your knowedge of electronics and nuclear Physics.. Second, when have I ever said "bounced" off of gold?

There may very well be a link, but one that hasn't been established or researched in any way at all.

Again incorrect, do your research

. Why don't you present the same evidence here in regards to the brain receiving random gold signals? ::)
sufficient data exists of gold being found through non nomal senses to answer that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread