Status
Not open for further replies.

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every legitimate established Beale researcher accept the September 1820 death date for Beale Sr and October 1823 for Beale Jr.
Remember, it has never been established that either of these Beales are the fictional Beale character of Ward's 1885 Beale Papers.

Who are these established researchers? All I see in all the books that I have been looking at in the last few months show that the info for Beale Sr is from Peter's book. His info comes from the one newspaper article that Jean has on his site. Not much of a proof of death of a Famous Captain Beale. Cheers!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This newspaper article from 1823 is more what I would expect to see of the famous Captain Beale.

Then why didn't that article identify him as the famous "Captain" Thomas Beale? No write up of his famous local endeavors, etc.? I'm not arguing with you, just pointing out that this fascination with "Captain" is unfounded as he never was an official captain of anything, this fascination causing a lot of misdirection.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What was the researcher's names I have them and I just read them again this morning and they all agree September 8, 1820. It was in the New Orleans Gazette September 11, 1820 and said he was buried in the Presbyterian Cemetery which today was part of the St. Louis Cemetery that was covered over by the Superdome.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Then why didn't that article identify him as the famous "Captain" Thomas Beale? No write up of his famous local endeavors, etc.? I'm not arguing with you, just pointing out that this fascination with "Captain" is unfounded as he never was an official captain of anything, this fascination causing a lot of misdirection.
Thomas Beale Sr was the accepted "Captain" of Beale's Rifles, the militia he formed for the Battle of New Orleans.
In the 1885 Beale Papers dime novel, Thomas J Beale was "elected" captain by his perilous party of hardy intrepid buffalo hunters.
Laf keeps citing Captain Beale in an effort to combine the real Beale with the fictional Beale of the job pamphlet, but there is no conclusive proof that they are one and the same.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thomas Beale Sr was the accepted "Captain" of Beale's Rifles, the militia he formed for the Battle of New Orleans.
In the 1885 Beale Papers dime novel, Thomas J Beale was "elected" captain by his perilous party of hardy intrepid buffalo hunters.
Laf keeps citing Captain Beale in an effort to combine the real Beale with the fictional Beale of the job pamphlet, but there is no conclusive proof that they are one and the same.

Personally, I don't care what Laf is doing, that's his thing and he isn't even here to defend his position/statements, so best just to file him away and move on. I was just pointing out that the article makes no such reference of "famous" or "Captain", etc., and that it is simply announcing the passing and funeral services of a Thomas Beale.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
It also doesn't mention a Thomas "J" Beale, no Captain, no "J" , just Thomas Beale. :evil5:
Men who pass away on September 10, 1820 in New Orleans do not write and send letters from St Louis to Robert Morriss in Lynchburg. :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It also doesn't mention a Thomas "J" Beale, no Captain, no "J" , just Thomas Beale. :evil5:
Men who pass away on September 10, 1820 in New Orleans do not write and send letters from St Louis to Robert Morriss in Lynchburg. :laughing7:

If you're actually foolish enough to believe those letters are real.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
You mean "accurate"...or at least "1/2 accurate" Memoirs. :laughing7:
Even if some of this forged memoir contains a portion of truth, Laflin would had to get this from a previous work on Lafitte, and there were several as you well know, mostly telling the "legend" of Lafitte, which is the same as the dime novels of the period.
This is what you are defending as a legitimate source of facts to support you current pet theory?
PLEASE!
Fruit from the poisoned tree does not hold up in court nor is accepted as solid academic research.
Truth is not proven by fiction!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if some of this forged memoir contains a portion of truth,.....Truth is not proven by fiction!

I'm stunned! This from you, or all people. :laughing7: Dude, you're the one penning the above, not me. :dontknow: I hope you don't own a gun or your foot is sure to get a few holes in it. :laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm stunned! This from you, or all people. :laughing7: Dude, you're the one penning the above, not me. :dontknow: I hope you don't own a gun or your foot is sure to get a few holes in it. :laughing7:
I reckon one man's truth is another man's fiction and another man's fiction like Laflin's Laffite memoirs is another man's truth.
I'm a Floridian, to answer your last question, what do you think?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I reckon one man's truth is another man's fiction and another man's fiction like Laflin's Laffite memoirs is another man's truth.
I'm a Floridian, to answer your last question, what do you think?

The waves splash through the holes in your feet? :laughing7: LMAO.....now you have to admit, that was funny.:occasion14:

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

In the Andrew Jackson book he is Captain Beale of the New Orleans riflemen. He married a Celeste Grand pre. I think if he did die there would be a big deal.

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What was the researcher's names I have them and I just read them again this morning and they all agree September 8, 1820. It was in the New Orleans Gazette September 11, 1820 and said he was buried in the Presbyterian Cemetery which today was part of the St. Louis Cemetery that was covered over by the Superdome.

Jean has posted that it was a Girod Cemetery that was under the dome.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jean has posted that it was a Girod Cemetery that was under the dome.

My research papers say St. Louis Cemetery portion of the Presbyterian Cemetery.

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My research papers say St. Louis Cemetery portion of the Presbyterian Cemetery.

St Louis 1 has a Protestant part, but there is no Beale in it according to all list of that Cemetery. Girod was started in 1821 according Jeans research that is where Jr would be if he died in 1823. Jean has a list of all the all the peoples there and posted on a thread here that I read 3 weeks ago.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
St Louis 1 has a Protestant part, but there is no Beale in it according to all list of that Cemetery. Girod was started in 1821 according Jeans research that is where Jr would be if he died in 1823. Jean has a list of all the all the peoples there and posted on a thread here that I read 3 weeks ago.
PROXY for Jean, eh...?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Most likely you need to find out where Celeste de Grandpre Beale is buried. She died after the Civil War. Maybe she was buried beside her husband or had him removed to the Ricker Plantation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread