WAITING FOR GOLD HOG !

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am waiting for GOLD HOG to make a floating Dredge 3 or 4 Inch maybe both . I would like it to be under 150 LBS . and to break down in manageable pieces for us F.O.G guys l Come on Doc ,we know you dedge , Give us another quality product from the wonderful Gold Hog crew . Maybe something for 2017 . This from a Gold Hog buyer and believer . Come on fellow Gold Hog owners show your support for a Gold Hog floating Dredge !! :hello2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry............ no floating dredges.
I'll try and explain.

It took me 4 years to finally come out with a stream sluice because the market is saturated with them,
there are plenty of good ones out there, and I didn't want to just create "another stream sluice". So we finally
created one that solved problems, was a different design, and is only offered as a full "package".
So if someone just wants a $95 - $140 sluice, they'll have a ton of choices. But a few people will
understand the benefit of the new product we offer, which costs more because of what it includes.
So until I was able to offer something "different" or better, it didn't make sense.

Same with our new highbanker, the Raptor Flare 2.0 that is launching this week.
I feel for the money, it's the best product on the market. It can be seen here: www.GoldHighbanker.com

Same with the dredges.
Lot's of good choices out there and... the investment to start building them
is massive. Then you have to have multiple sizes. 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 inch.
Plus... it there's nothing really "innovative" to it, I don't see the need.
And.... just don't see investing a good 6 figure chunk into them.

:)

Doc

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know Doc , it's economics , but I love yor products and a dredge with your cool logo would be awesome .

Last edited:

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It would be a significant boost to the economy if we could dredge with no holds barred on the left coast. (understatement)

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You could always buy a dredge and put the Gold Hog matts in it!

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know but ,it's just not the same after you've had Doc's engineering . In my carier I have spent millons on equipment some good , some bad . The quality that Doc puts out is top notch , meaning no disrespect to any of the other companies , but I believe in the Gold Hog products . I LIke the Dalke dredge , from what I've looked at through research , but it's just not a Gold Hog .

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G

ghostminer

Personally, I would go with the G1 Highbanker from J Farmer with the drop riffle sluice design and ease of clean ups. If I was going to spend Close to $1000 then you might as well go to a Heckler Fabrication commercial unit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking 5 06 thousand for a floating dredge . I would only buy a Gold Hog High banker , after having there products . I done research since I've started on this site , I come up with Gold Hog , Bazooka , and Dalke . I would love to see a floating dredge from Gold Hod , but it seems , It's just not in the cards . Heckler has some nice entry level stuff for sure , but if I was in your shoes I would be looking bigger and better . JMHO

G

ghostminer

Yes, I was referring to the link posted for the Goldhighbanker.com and comparing to Heckler Fabrication highbankers which are commercial units on a different level for a little more money.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand but for the recreational miner Gold Hog is a high class product , I have two of there products so far and believe they make an excellent product , even for commercial use .

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A single 5.5HP powered 5" subsurface will only weigh about 150 pounds
Steves Mining Journal
5-inch-subsurface-gold-dredge-on-inflatable-pontoons-complete-herschbach.jpg

G

ghostminer

Motohead, let me say that we have checked the quality of Heckler Fabrication equipment, not only their trommels but the highbankers also. They sell American made, commercial mining equipment all over the world. I'm not sure where your coming from when you say they make entry level equipment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Motohead, let me say that we have checked the quality of Heckler Fabrication equipment, not only their trommels but the highbankers also. They sell American made, commercial mining equipment all over the world. I'm not sure where your coming from when you say they make entry level equipment.

I'm just saying for the difference in price , I will stay with Gold Hog . I'm not saying that Heckler makes bad equipment , I have just been very happy with the products from Gold Hog . I mean no disrespect for Heckler , and am not saying that they make bad equipment at all . I just see the Gold Hog Manufacuring as new age . JMHO

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greg at Heckler makes good quality stuff. We've known him for years.

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greg at Heckler makes good quality stuff. We've known him for years.

I understand Doc , and I take nothing away from Heckler , I just like the stuff you have manufactured , I would in no way insult another manufacturer . I just believe in your products . No Hrm No Foul !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions