Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
What do you all sound like?

Ever since I started posting on Tnet, I have wondered what the people sounded like. This being the forum to meet other treasure hunters, I chose to post here. I found this link that has samples of dialects from around the world. It is from The International Dialects of English Archives.

I have always told people that I have a Dayton accent. It’s kind of deep and has a little draw to it. The closest I could find to my accent on this link is Ohio 7.

https://www.dialectsarchive.com/dialects-accents

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Can I go last WD?

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I sound like a brave, young man who women flock to.

For real I sound like a tired, absentminded old man who women smile at out of pity.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a strong New Orleans accent that is called “New Orleans English” or “Yati”. Similar to New York I guess. We drop r’s at the end of words with da’s. Water as Warda, Quarter as Quarda.

Best video I can find for me. This girl sounds totally normal to me.

Last edited:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a yankee but i was raised in part by my stepmother who was an english major from the gulf coast of Texas. As such, everybody here up north seems to think I am from way up north due to a funny sounding "R" and a slight drawl. They tell me I sound Canadian but I'm not.

I speak a little Canadian though, eh?

:laughing7:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i have a southern drawl with a country accent

Vldetecting

Jun 23, 2017
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro-Pointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My accent would be close to the Sweden 2 :)

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a strong New Orleans accent that is called “New Orleans English” or “Yati”. Similar to New York I guess. We drop r’s at the end of words with da’s. Water as Warda, Quarter as Quarda.

Best video I can find for me. This girl sounds totally normal to me.

That's pretty cool! I never would have known that. I have been influenced by Hollywood. FYI. We call them rolly polly bugs. LOL!

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a yankee but i was raised in part by my stepmother who was an english major from the gulf coast of Texas. As such, everybody here up north seems to think I am from way up north due to a funny sounding "R" and a slight drawl. They tell me I sound Canadian but I'm not.

I speak a little Canadian though, eh?

:laughing7:

I never would have guessed that.

For some reason I imagined you sound a little like Ed Asner, strong, deep, authoritative voice. I was going to post a video, but as I was typing, the video started dropping the f-bomb. Close call. LOL

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
My accent would be close to the Sweden 2 :)

That's what I am talking about! Everyone can read that you are from Sweden, but what does it sound like? Like I said, I am influenced by the movies and TV and that's not necessarily accurate. Thanks! :thumbsup:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I have an East Tennessee Southern Drawl. However, whenever someone needs a pick-me-up...especially children, I can do pretty decent impressions of Carl Childers from Sling Blade...John Wayne...Yoda...Jar Jar Binx...Jabba the Hut...Darth Vader...Mickey Mouse and Goofey as well as a few others.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I will be damn. I sound like a rooster. I guess it's the crowing.

You do get up pretty early, rook. Here you go, a video for you. I'm guessing you have a talk kind of slow like a Mississippi roll.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
George Clooney

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I have an East Tennessee Southern Drawl. However, whenever someone needs a pick-me-up...especially children, I can do pretty decent impressions of Carl Childers from Sling Blade...John Wayne...Yoda...Jar Jar Binx...Jabba the Hut...Darth Vader...Mickey Mouse and Goofey as well as a few others.

LOL! I would love to hear those impressions! I do Donald duck. I used to crack my dentist up with Mick Jagger impressions! I don't think it was the sound as much as the big lips! And my kids used to love it when I read the Three Billy Goats Gruff story! HAHAHA!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I kind of figured that!

I love that Movie and the songs seeing that I grew up on Country and Blue Grass. I guess youse wood say I am well hersed in Musick as I also growed up hearen Rock-A-Billy, early Rock-N-Roll, Classical, Folk, Disco, Hip Hop, Soul, Funk, Reggae, some Heavy Metal, Jazz, Blues and Big Band. I like just about any music that has lyrics that you can understand and does not have a lot of synthesizing like Synthesized Bach or Beethoven.

Added:

Oh and I forgot that I love Irish and Scottish Folk Music as well as Celtic Music being that I am mostly Irish.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread