Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Why Yanks hate Brit's!

tinpan said:
shaun7 said:
Slugrusher said:
stefen said:
Dano Sverige said:
Not only do we have Roman hoard's,Viking hoard's,Celtic,Anglo saxon and lots of other hoard's...we now have American Gold hoard's!!!
Ever feel you're digging in the wrong place? :headbang: :hello2: :hello:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11572833

What your saying is that the Brit's are hoards :laughing7:

Shawn, The Brits didn't get where they are today by being fair mate...Its because the Yanks kicked some serious a$$ a few years back during colonial days :laughing7:

Ditto. You're where you are because we kicked your rear ends out of here.

Now on a more serious note.

That game of Crickett, wow...that is one way to kill time. What a wild googely?

Yawn ::)

And as for the cricket thing....I think Danno did very well here with his analysis of some of your sports :laughing9:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,328016.0.html

How did you english go at the Commonwealth games :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

tinpan
Better than the Aussies did at the 20/20 world Cup :laughing9:

OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II

Lmao,you just beat me to the punch mate! Yup, the difference Tinpan is that Cooks ship actually made it to shore to plant a flag! That counts for a lot in the "discovery" books i believe? It's like America claiming an American body from 1950 has been found halfway up Everest, which proves America conquered the mountain before the Brit's! "Close..but no cigar!" As they say. :laughing9:

The rest of your reply is,in truth,a ramble..nothing to do with how the Brit's are untruthful about the Boer and world wars. :icon_scratch:
I was expecting the old chestnut of "It was your fault we Anzacs got butchered at Gallipoli !!" etc,not some rant about William of Orange,and our Empire being a "timeshare" business! (and the Empire at it's height was ruled over by a Queen not a King.)

As for "sports"? They're pretty insignificant on the whole. I can mention us crushing you in "the ashes", Crushing you in the Rugby world cup Final in Melbourne, etc etc..and then you just come back with your victories and i go look up some more of ours...pointless exercise mate!

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dano Sverige said:
Lmao,you just beat me to the punch mate! Yup, the difference Tinpan is that Cooks ship actually made it to shore to plant a flag! That counts for a lot in the "discovery" books i believe? It's like America claiming an American body from 1950 has been found halfway up Everest, which proves America conquered the mountain before the Brit's! "Close..but no cigar!" As they say. :laughing9:

The rest of your reply is,in truth,a ramble..nothing to do with how the Brit's are untruthful about the Boer and world wars. :icon_scratch:
I was expecting the old chestnut of "It was your fault we Anzacs got butchered at Gallipoli !!" etc,not some rant about William of Orange,and our Empire being a "timeshare" business! (and the Empire at it's height was ruled over by a Queen not a King.)

As for "sports"? They're pretty insignificant on the whole. I can mention us crushing you in "the ashes", Crushing you in the Rugby world cup Final in Melbourne, etc etc..and then you just come back with your victories and i go look up some more of ours...pointless exercise mate!
Right on Mate...Tinpans living in the past ::) what matters is what's current, we hold the Ashes, we are 20/20 Champions and we have loads of History beneathe our feet :laughing7:

SS

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I'm just hoping to find a Brit treasure here in Cali's central coast. Drake? Cook? Raleigh? I don't remember which of them may have left a giant cache of gold but I'm a'gonna find it, and keep it for myself. Oh wait, US law. Well, keep it for myself until it's taken from me :wink:

I'll get your King George soveriegns yet, ponces! :P

OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II

It was Drake. Clive Cusslers "Dirk Pitt" already found Drakes quipu (google it) and found all the treasure! :P

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp

Tinpan...TINPAN? :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

As a Scotsman living in America for 47 years I really don't think the yanks hate the Brits just the English. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: and I'm married to one. My wife's only 5'2" and we have a standing joke. I married her because I always look down on the English. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:. Happy Hunting
P.S. and Crusader was the only person to answer my post about a button in the "What Is It Forum" and I found it in Maine. :laughing7: :laughing7:

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used

Marchas45 said:
As a Scotsman living in America for 47 years I really don't think the yanks hate the Brits just the English. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: and I'm married to one. My wife's only 5'2" and we have a standing joke. I married her because I always look down on the English. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:. Happy Hunting
P.S. and Crusader was the only person to answer my post about a button in the "What Is It Forum" and I found it in Maine. :laughing7: :laughing7:

As a Scotsman you look down on the English? :laughing9:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Marchas45 said:
You are very lucky to be able to dig Buttons :notworthy:....if I had been born Scottish I to would have mooved to America :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

SS

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used

Silver Searcher said:
Marchas45 said:
You are very lucky to be able to dig Buttons :notworthy:....if I had been born Scottish I to would have mooved to America :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

SS

It was either that or a life on Heroin with the English paying for it :laughing9:

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silver Searcher said:
Marchas45 said:

SS

Good one Silver Searcher MOO to you TOO :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
Today could be your Last so enjoy it. Don't take life so serious make fun of it.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

shaun7 said:
Silver Searcher said:
Marchas45 said:

SS

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

It was either that or a life on Heroin with the English paying for it :laughing9:

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Silver Searcher said:
Marchas45 said:

SS

Bah! I'm a yank but am also 1/4 Scottish. And I eagerly await my return to find Scottish coins...wait...I mean British coins? Garrrr you Brits, pounding Scottish men and coins 'neath your heel! ;D I'll find the Loch Ness monster, just you see. Scotsblood! Highland games log-throwing or something! Kilts!

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

heepiepow said:
Silver Searcher said:
Marchas45 said:

SS

Bah! I'm a yank but am also 1/4 Scottish. And I eagerly await my return to find Scottish coins...wait...I mean British coins? Garrrr you Brits, pounding Scottish men and coins 'neath your heel! ;D I'll find the Loch Ness monster, just you see. Scotsblood! Highland games log-throwing or something! Kilts!

As my old Scottish Ma used to say "Your Part Scottish by Injection My Son". :laughing9: :laughing9: Sorry just had to say it. :laughing9:

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used

Could you lot just get back on your side of the wall :laughing7:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

heepiepow said:
Silver Searcher said:
Marchas45 said:

SS

I'd rather find some of the Scottish coins :o like David1st or Malcom of Scotland, one of my best Hammered was a Scottish coin :o

SS

iwas1ncthr

Nov 20, 2007
Chicopee, Mass
Detector(s) used
Soon to have ML SE

4-H said:
Wait a minute. :icon_scratch:

Who ever said that all Yanks dislike Brits? :dontknow:

I really like the most of the British people I have met!

LOL, I have to agree. I never hated the Brits, matter of fact I had a blast serving with them. In 1995 we had a joint training exe at Camp Lejeune Marine Corps Base where we trained and had a blast with the British Royal Marines and I'll tell ya what, they were some darn good people. Drinking beer with them was even more fun and in just a short few weeks of playing games in the field we all had formed some real tight bonds with them. It's funny how polotics can divide nations but when you are around those who serve their country and get the people who actually do the fighting together, we all see the same thing, rather than hate one another over what our media tells us, just let the leadership of every country get into the ring instead of having us kill one another. We had our fun poking jokes at one another and us "Yanks" loved to hit them with Monty Python jokes which they didn't much care for. Out of all honesty and I think I can speak for the vast majority of US Marines and BRMs, if in combat serving along side of one another, we would each be willing to take a bullet to save the lives of one another period. Dunno, maybe those of us who have served have a different perspective but one thing I know we have above other is unity, comradery and an equal respect knowing what each one of us are willing to sacrifice.

OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used

Not going to argue with anything you've said there friend.You have it 100% correct!

As for the "Monty Python" thing?...Apart from "life of Brian" - "holy grail", the UK had moved a lot further on in the comedy scene by the mid 90's and the older original stuff wasn't as well known or liked as it appears to have been in the states.Might explain the Brit's indifference? (depending on what jokes were told etc.)

I made a big mistake by using the word "hate" in the title. As mentioned previously,it's not meant in the true sense of the word.It's more of a ...dry humour/sarcastic usage poking fun at you yanks because we dig up all the good stuff etc.
There will always be those who take it too seriously and want to start a fight,and in truth i'm a little bit the same and don't mind if someone kicks it off here.It gives the thread a lot more interest when things go quiet lol.
As i said earlier,substitute the words "jealous/envy" for "hate"...and you'll get the picture. :wink:

Can i just say that you have larger bumps on your back than some women i know have on their chests!!! :o :tongue3:

GoldBack

Aug 19, 2010

shaun7 said:
Silver Searcher said:
:angry4: :angry4:

Is it typical though, if nobody comes forward they become the property of the Crown....robbing b@stards, the diggers should get a share :cussing:

SS

We didn't get where we are today by being fair mate :laughing7:

Nothing to brag about there lol!

GoldBack

Aug 19, 2010

shaun7 said:
stefen said:
Dano Sverige said:
Not only do we have Roman hoard's,Viking hoard's,Celtic,Anglo saxon and lots of other hoard's...we now have American Gold hoard's!!!
Ever feel you're digging in the wrong place? :headbang: :hello2: :hello:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11572833

What your saying is that the Brit's are hoards :laughing7:

Shawn, The Brits didn't get where they are today by being fair mate...Its because the Yanks kicked some serious a$$ a few years back during colonial days :laughing7:

When you were Brits :laughing7:

You need a history lesson, most of the immigrants in America wasn't (I repeat wasn't) from england by the time the American Revolution broke out. Mostly there were Germans, Irish, Dutch, and the like.
Nice try though :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread