Will Tesoro Release A New Machine in 2016?

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
Look for a TID machine.
Nobody will buy a 2016 Edsel.

No I think you would... Especially if that Edsel (Tesoro) could still outrun (out hunt) everything else!

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm really hoping the new red, white and blue pinstriped "CazaTerry," will have discrimination and depth "voice" prompts. It will just tell you what the target is. No more bouncy numbers. It will say things like, "Silver Juice In The Hole Baby! - Seven-point-five inches" and, "That's Old Iron! - Ten-inches." Then you can switch it to "Hater Mode," and it will say things like "Hey, did that new MX Sport ever dry out?" and, "Where's your T2 now?" :laughing7:

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hell if that black Vaquero is deeper, I can only imagine the depth of a red one!

Oh, now some are saying the black models are better than the gray one's? haahhaaha. I guess if your foolish enough to buy something you already have just because it is a different color, you have to try and claim to yourself and others it is better i imagine. LOL. I bet the people at tesoro are having a real good laugh over that.

Last edited:

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
Oh, now some are saying the black models are better than the gray one's? haahhaaha. I guess if your foolish enough to buy something you already have just because it is a different color, you have to try and claim to yourself and others it is better i imagine. LOL. I bet the people at tesoro are having a real good laugh over that.

I think your sarcasm meter is broken.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Do you know anyone who bought a new black Tesoro and is saying that its deeper?

tabman

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I am in process of trading for a black and a regular V. We shall see. It may be a matter of a different feel while in hand.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I painted my Tejon black just to test the color. Well I'll be a monkey's uncle, it is deeper!

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I am in process of trading for a black and a regular V. We shall see. It may be a matter of a different feel while in hand.

Which latest and greatest bells and whistle detector are you trading off to get the Vaquero?

tabman

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a Gold Bug I traded for a while back. Lol Still keeping me bells and whistles too. I actually am missing thumbing the disc knob when I do swing a fancy, smancy machine. I actually miss the silver uMax with cleansweep coil the most. That is a coin killer in open areas.

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really hoping the new red, white and blue pinstriped "CazaTerry," will have discrimination and depth "voice" prompts. It will just tell you what the target is. No more bouncy numbers. It will say things like, "Silver Juice In The Hole Baby! - Seven-point-five inches" and, "That's Old Iron! - Ten-inches." Then you can switch it to "Hater Mode," and it will say things like "Hey, did that new MX Sport ever dry out?" and, "Where's your T2 now?" :laughing7:
Just as long they do not come out with a detector yelling: Boom Baby.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...:occasion14:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:laughing7:And H-e-r-e they come!

It’s “The Elitists” leading on the rail by three CTX 3030 lengths, followed by “Less Arrogant Guys with E-tracs,” and “Old Experienced Guys with VLFs” in third. “Greenhorn’s with Multi-Freqs” is battling “Joe Ace 250” for fourth, while “Tesoro Terry” and “Guy with the Best Luck that Day” trail the field!

Now “Less Arrogant Guys with E-tracs” is moving up to challenge “The Elitists” for the lead and they are really going at it folks! Here comes “Tesoro Terry,” passing “Joe Ace 250” and “Greenhorn’s with Multi-Freqs” on the outside! “Old Experienced Guys with VLFs” moves up neck and neck with “Less Arrogant Guys with E-tracs,” and “The Elitists” continue to set the pace.

Oh my, what a race folks! In an unlikely turn of events “Guy with the Best Luck that Day” has overtaken “Greenhorn’s with Multi-Freqs” and “Joe Ace 250!” Ladies and gentlemen we are in the last turn and “Tesoro Terry” is making up ground fast passing “Less Arrogant Guys with E-tracs” on the inside. What an unbelievable race so far!

“Guy with the Best Luck that Day” has just passed “Less Arrogant Guys with E-tracs” and is gaining on “Tesoro Terry” and “The Elitists!” Hold on to your hats boys and girls, because this race isn’t over yet! And D-o-w-n The Stretch They Come!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess the weed kicked in? Lol Pass it on down!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7:And H-e-r-e they come!

It’s “The Elitists” leading on the rail by three CTX 3030 lengths, followed by “Less Arrogant Guys with E-tracs,” and “Old Experienced Guys with VLFs” in third. “Greenhorn’s with Multi-Freqs” is battling “Joe Ace 250” for fourth, while “Tesoro Terry” and “Guy with the Best Luck that Day” trail the field!

Now “Less Arrogant Guys with E-tracs” is moving up to challenge “The Elitists” for the lead and they are really going at it folks! Here comes “Tesoro Terry,” passing “Joe Ace 250” and “Greenhorn’s with Multi-Freqs” on the outside! “Old Experienced Guys with VLFs” moves up neck and neck with “Less Arrogant Guys with E-tracs,” and “The Elitists” continue to set the pace.

Oh my, what a race folks! In an unlikely turn of events “Guy with the Best Luck that Day” has overtaken “Greenhorn’s with Multi-Freqs” and “Joe Ace 250!” Ladies and gentlemen we are in the last turn and “Tesoro Terry” is making up ground fast passing “Less Arrogant Guys with E-tracs” on the inside. What an unbelievable race so far!

“Guy with the Best Luck that Day” has just passed “Less Arrogant Guys with E-tracs” and is gaining on “Tesoro Terry” and “The Elitists!” Hold on to your hats boys and girls, because this race isn’t over yet! And D-o-w-n The Stretch They Come!

I think you need to take you meds again, you're jealousy of the Minelabs is showing.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When Minelab brought out the Excal II in the bright green color, guys were just saying the girls on the beach liked the guys better.:laughing7:

As for the Clean Sweep Coil, I have one on my older Tiger Shark and it cleans up in the water since it covers so much area. My Tiger Shark has the option of changing coils. It is only about 2 Stealth Scoops deep but that's all the strength I can handle at my age. Hell I can barely walk a straight line.:coffee2:

Last edited:

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Year is almost over...maybe 2017 ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread