What's new

A half at a time.

T Witko

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2010
Messages
432
Reaction score
727
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Other
I found the piece of sandstone disk in the first photo about a year ago. This past Saturday afternoon I was out and picked up the piece in the second photo. When I picked up the second piece I thought right away that it was very similar to last years find, but I never really thought that ........
 

Attachments

  • Disk1.webp
    Disk1.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 677
  • Disk2.webp
    Disk2.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 658
  • Disk3.webp
    Disk3.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 684
Upvote 0
Congrats on pairing them up again :icon_thumright: those 2 pieces remind of the best friends charms when put together makes one,lol!!
 
Now that does not happen to often when you find too matching pieces of a broken artifact :icon_thumright: :wink:. Are you going to rejoin the pieces ? Congratulations !!! :hello2: :headbang: :notworthy: :hello:
 
Thank you all, it is a pretty cool feeling when it happens isn't it?

joshuaream, it's 3/4" thick. I'm not sure but I think I read or saw somewhere that this was a pottery disk.

I've add some photos of the side and back.
 

Attachments

  • Disk4.webp
    Disk4.webp
    29.9 KB · Views: 738
  • Disk Back.webp
    Disk Back.webp
    28 KB · Views: 768
looks like a nice mano, split in half or weathered pretty good on opposite side, nice
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom