Pinpointers?

digger34

Apr 1, 2013
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD, Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett Pro Pointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was lookin for one last summer couldn't afford the garrett at the time and didn't want the HF one. So I looked around got a bounty hunter one for 30 bucks on amazon. Works great for now, wouldn't waste my money on the HF one when for 10 more bucks u can get a better one.

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've got a couple of HF pinpointers. Work fine for me....

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look through the posts on this board and the Metal Detecting forum for a bunch of posts and tons of opinions.

Roscue2

Greenie
Dec 19, 2012
Central Valley of CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Ace 250, Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garrett THD is not for metal detecting, but for security. The Garrett Propointer is the one they make for the hobby.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just pick up the dirt in my hand and wave it in front of the coil until I find the object.
I've watched a few metal detecting videos with the guy's trying to find the object with a pinpointer and I start to get impatience. Gee what's taken so long get the coin out of the hole .Cuss, :BangHead:
Beside's I'm to old to be hauling all the extra stuff around.

Gold007

May 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and Garrett pin pointer. I want a Garrett GTI 2500 or an AT Gold.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get a bounty hunter brand pinpointer. I bought one from Amazon and the thing is junk. You have to point it literally right on the object and you have to ground balance it very precisely. If you don't, it will take you forever to find the object, specially if it is a small metal object. I bought the Garrett pro pointer and that thing does the job. All Garrett products are made in the US. You will get your moneys worth if you end up buying a Garrett pro pointer. The Garrett pro pointer has an LED light build on to it and its easy to use. Just a on/off button and that's it. No ground balancing knobs or nothing like that.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get a bounty hunter brand pinpointer. I bought one from Amazon and the thing is junk. You have to point it literally right on the object and you have to ground balance it very precisely. If you don't, it will take you forever to find the object, specially if it is a small metal object. I bought the Garrett pro pointer and that thing does the job. All Garrett products are made in the US. You will get your moneys worth if you end up buying a Garrett pro pointer. The Garrett pro pointer has an LED light build on to it and its easy to use. Just a on/off button and that's it. No ground balancing knobs or nothing like that.

There not the best but better than the harbor frieght ones. It works goo enough

Gold007

May 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and Garrett pin pointer. I want a Garrett GTI 2500 or an AT Gold.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i bought the cheap 10 dollar one at HF , it has worked now for 6 months , but the button is starting to get a little screwy . but it has worked well enough that i want to keep using one, so may shell out another 10 and get a replacement .

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pinpiointers

like what was said u can only get what u can afford i wanted one for a while so looking on line on different sights i had just picked up the automax v2 for like $15 shipped think it was ebay or something it worked for me for quite a while and still goin i let friends use it when we go out i then picked up the pro pointer my thoughts are one of the best by far i like the way it beeps and how it does so u can c how far away from the target and then how close u get to it nice warrenty great customer service and wont brake down on u should last u a while but any pin pointer will cut down ur dig time everyone has there own opinion on what they use

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used many different PP over the years. But, I have to tell you, the Garrett PP (IMO) is the toughest built one around. I have poked , scrapped and pushed with it and it just keeps going. Pay once, cry once.

mtruxfan

May 5, 2013
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
BH QD2, Sea Hunter Mark 2, ACE 350, Garret ProPointer, SS Long Handle scoop
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a Bounty Hunter pp that came with my detector. Its not real durable but does the job. Mine only has one knob, turn it on and it will buzz turn the knob just till the buzzing stops and its ready to find. Ive never used a garrett pp but would like to test the two side by side to see what i get for the price difference.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions