boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you order from Kellyco keep an eye on your purchases! Ordered a Garrett Pro Pointer on their website. The ad clearly states includes free shipping (continental USA). Checked the billing & they charged the shipping charge!?!? Called them up & he tries to tell me that's not for orders on the website only phone orders blah blah. Ended up taking the charge off after I threatened going to the state atty. with a false advertising claim. So, be sure and check your billing carefully!

Sad thing! I've ordered things from Kellyco for many years without a problem, even back when a hurricane had torn the roof off their warehouse they got my order to me on time. I hope this isn't becoming a trend with them.

Attachments

• kellyco.JPG
    kellyco.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 106

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The default is expedited shipping. You can check the "free shipping" option on the transaction screen.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stay away from them Period....they screwed over my wife when she bought my ATP setup....there customer service is a joke

OP
OP
boogeyman

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It just allowed normal 4 day shipping no clicking for the free shipping. That's something I can deal with. Just want others to know so they can keep an eye on it if they decide to use Kellyco. What really torqued me off was the guys attitude. He stated that the free shipping was only if you called in your order in a real sarcastic tone. After telling him to read their web page where it says very plainly (see the above attachment) FREE GROUND SHIPPING, he tells me he'll credit the shipping back. That was after I told him I was gonna hand it over to the Florida state atty. as a false advertising issue.

Sad though they used to have real good service. Guess they snatched up the We're the only game in town attitude....

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i did go into kellyco and look it up and it does state Free Shipping on any detector over $100.00 ... It could have been a mistake on the shipping dept's part then it could not have been a mistake... But it sounds like you got a real clown on the phone ...... You know how it is these days they hire any one that will work cheap .. Or some one's friend or relation they hired .. And they think since they know some one there they can get away with any kind of crap....

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've ordered from Kellyco before took a while to get it, I needed to exchange it because it was the European model can't plug it in our 110 voltage and was told to contact the manufacturer. Good thing it also works on batteries! Then again if I go to Europe, I'm all set! Lol!
On the other hand I just got a Garrett Pro-pointer from Bart at Big Boys Hobby. Got it in less than 2 weeks ground mail, shipping was free, & he gave me a SWEET deal when I mentioned I'm a T-Net member! Guess where My future purchases will be made, yep, Bart!
Winter had better watch out now, it's been taunting me with what looks like divats all in the snow in every yard you look at. I now have my pro-pointer! IT'S ON WINTER !!!!!!!!

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with Msbeepbeep on this one. Bart answered my call personally on Sunday eve. My new detector was packed and picked up by UPS at 10:19am the following morn. I received detector Thursday 6:04pm! Awesome! Bart will also customize any package you want. BigBoysHobbies will have my future business too. Peace

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boogeyman,
Funny you started this post. I had the same identical thing happen to me the other night. I was trying to buy a Garrett Pro Pointer from the Kellyco site.They offered free shipping on it, but when you get to the shipment options there was no free option. Needless to say I didn't buy from them. I went elsewhere (Bart). Not a good way to run a biz.
-MM-

OP
OP
boogeyman

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, here's the update today. After talking with another clueless rep who sounded like she was reading off a que card, I got mad and told her I wanted to talk to her supervisor. After waiting she tells me we're sorry blah blah. Said they refunded the shipping charges. Bunk! They credited the whole thing back to the card, then rebilled the whole thing again including the shipping!?!? Then proceeds to tell me it's the banks fault & it takes 3 or 4 days for the bank to process it. Talked to the bank they said if Kellyco credited it it would take one day. Tomorrow, I'll be filing with The Better Business Bureau & the Florida State Attorneys office to see if I can get a false advertising suit going. Like I said, It's a real shame a company that used to be reputable & service oriented has turned into this. I think Kellyco has lost a customer for good on this one! They just don't see that they aren't the only game in town!

On a side note. I don't think TNet will let me post a dealer that doesn't advertise here but. I forgot about a local dealer in Prescott Arizona that carries the Propointer & has the same deal as Kellyco. Last time I dealt with him was a few years back. Needed a lower shaft for a Soverign, and he got it in a day & drove halfway to Phoenix to meet & deliver it to me. Leave me a Pm & I'll give you his companies info if you are considering buying one.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Perses:

How much support has that establishment given TN?

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Gene@Kellyco

Dec 15, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, here's the update today. After talking with another clueless rep who sounded like she was reading off a que card, I got mad and told her I wanted to talk to her supervisor. After waiting she tells me we're sorry blah blah. Said they refunded the shipping charges. Bunk! They credited the whole thing back to the card, then rebilled the whole thing again including the shipping!?!? Then proceeds to tell me it's the banks fault & it takes 3 or 4 days for the bank to process it. Talked to the bank they said if Kellyco credited it it would take one day. Tomorrow, I'll be filing with The Better Business Bureau & the Florida State Attorneys office to see if I can get a false advertising suit going. Like I said, It's a real shame a company that used to be reputable & service oriented has turned into this. I think Kellyco has lost a customer for good on this one! They just don't see that they aren't the only game in town!

On a side note. I don't think TNet will let me post a dealer that doesn't advertise here but. I forgot about a local dealer in Prescott Arizona that carries the Propointer & has the same deal as Kellyco. Last time I dealt with him was a few years back. Needed a lower shaft for a Soverign, and he got it in a day & drove halfway to Phoenix to meet & deliver it to me. Leave me a Pm & I'll give you his companies info if you are considering buying one.

Boogeyman, this was a complete mistake on our end that should have been a quick easy fix and seems to have snowballed into something it shouldn't have. I was aware of your situation but was under the impression this was taken care of, I sincerely apologize because this is something that I should have taken care of myself. I'm not here to make excuses for anybody but here to fix any mistakes. Please email me directly if you don't mind with the best phone number to call you so we can speak, [email protected]. I have put my info out on TNET as well as the other forums for members to contact me directly whenever there may be issues with Kellyco. I invite anyone to contact me directly, we at Kellyco strive for customer satisfaction and once again I apologize for any issues any of you have experienced.

P.S. Kellyco is still on board as a sponsor with TNET, due to us gearing up for the Holiday rush renewing our contract fell through the cracks. We apologize for any confusion.

Gene Knight
Director of International and Domestic Sales
Kellyco Metal Detectors
[email protected]

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
You see they have some one there that takes care of the customers ,,,, :icon_thumright: ..... It's to bad that some of the people they hire have no people skills... Or they feel like they can lie to you and hope things they do wrong will go away... Myself i have never had any problems with Kellyco .. Except long ago when a sales person did not tell me the truth about the Minelab Quattro to try to sell me a higher priced detector .. But you see i knew more about all the detectors then he thought i did.. He must have thought i was new at detecting . If he would have looked at his computer he would have known i have been doing business with kellyco since the early 80's...

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good call Gene, thank you sir....

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

davemcc

Sep 11, 2009
Brandon, FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CZ-3D, CZ-5
I decided to look for myself --Friday night Dec. 20th... and when I selected the same pro-pointer and went through the check-out process all the way through to the shipping charges, the free shipping option was pre-selected for me. I saw 4 shipping costs options for different prices. And all by itself, separated from the other shipping options was the Free-Shipping option.

But it was selected for me by default so I can't see any problems with that --although I can see where there may be some confusion since it is not as visible as the other shipping options.

My other thought was... why would any company representative quibble over shipping charges? It just cannot be good PR for them. So I was glad that Gene at Kellyco stepped up and extended a personal invitation to email him with any problems. A little feedback goes a long way.

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A while back I bought a Fisher detector and the shipping option defaulted to expedited shipping. I clicked the "free" shipping option and the dot appeared in that option. What surprised me was that two days later, the detector arrived at my door. I have purchased prior to that and received speedy delivery (ProPointer). I guess I've been fortunate that I have always received what I ordered at the price that was advertised. I am glad that Gene is on the board, though. Being in business management for many years, and being a writer that reviews many different products (including metal detectors, musical instruments, computer hardware, computer software, digital cameras and lenses), I have lots of contact with manufacturers. I can tell you that as busy as they are, when mistakes happen, there are so many layers of people between them and the customer, they often don't hear of negative customer experiences.

When a manufacturer or merchant takes care of the customer, it really makes a world of difference and builds loyalty.

Last edited:

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well if anyone else needs anything let me know, I ship same day and you are more than welcome to talk to my previous customers! They will tell you Vance will have you stuff to you in 2 to 3 days and at an awesome deal!! Let me know and I'm sorry you all have had this experience!!

I offer free shipping on everything by the way, I figure it's the cost of doing good business

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread