Upvote 0

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
It does not excuse the rudeness, though I do feel like the nature of your claims are hard to believe to be logical. That said, some may question your intentions here and that is why some have responded as so. There are others here that have the sole intention to spread miss information, so it has some on edge. If this is not your intention and hopefully so that's great and Im sorry for any ill feeling I may have caused with any of my posts.

Yes there are some who constantly spread misinformation. That is why I posted links to mining journals, scientific studies ect that show that the process works.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes there are some who constantly spread misinformation. That is why I posted links to mining journals, scientific studies ect that show that the process works.

You say you use burlap and fish oil and collect large amounts of gold doing so, how about some photos of your process to put us in our place? I would love to see your process, all we know about you is that you get more gold than anyone here and seem to know better than everyone as well, but never seem to share anything that would really back up claims about yourself that you have made. Possibly Im out of line, please help me extinguish these doubts is all I ask.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree. I'm just curious as to what it may be. When I pulled the burlap, I checked to make sure that no big stones were attached. I'm lost.

Thank you for being willing to take the time to debunk this idea that oil covered burlap suspended in a river will capture usable quantities of gold.

Many of us here understood that this method was a no - go from the beginning but you actually went to the effort to expose these "scientific" claims for what they are. You may have saved hundreds of the readers here wasted time and resources pursuing what appeared to some to be a potential valid "mining" method.

Thanks for being the person who actually put the theory to the test. Despite all the talk in the end it's results that matter. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
You say you use burlap and fish oil and collect large amounts of gold doing so, how about some photos of your process to put us in our place? I would love to see your process, all we know about you is that you get more gold than anyone here and seem to know better than everyone as well, but never seem to share anything that would really back up claims about yourself that you have made. Possibly Im out of line, please help me extinguish these doubts is all I ask.

Scientific studies and mining journals and my post at http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...found-gold-dust-3-minutes-12.html#post5044887 are not good enough for you but pics of burlap with fish oil will convince you?

It took literally seconds for the crisco on a pan to capture superfine gold from black sands. You could easily try it yourself to convince yourself but you want me to waste my time taking pics for you?

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scientific studies and mining journals and my post at http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...found-gold-dust-3-minutes-12.html#post5044887 are not good enough for you but pics of burlap with fish oil will convince you?

It took literally seconds for the crisco on a pan to capture superfine gold from black sands. You could easily try it yourself to convince yourself but you want me to waste my time taking pics for you?

The studies posted make no mention of burlap and fish oil, and the Crisco in the pan shows what gold in a pan with Crisco will do, this is not burlap and fish oil covered with gold. Yes I would love for you to show pictures of burlap and fish oil covered with gold as you describe, if its as cheap and easy to do as you claim it shouldn't be that hard to show I would think :icon_scratch:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for being willing to take the time to debunk this idea that oil covered burlap suspended in a river will capture usable quantities of gold.

Many of us here understood that this method was a no - go from the beginning but you actually went to the effort to expose these "scientific" claims for what they are. You may have saved hundreds of the readers here wasted time and resources pursuing what appeared to some to be a potential valid "mining" method.

Thanks for being the person who actually put the theory to the test. Despite all the talk in the end it's results that matter. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

Reptwar what did you do with the ashes from the burlap? That is where the gold would be.
You should use borax or flux to get the superfine gold from the ash. I also doubt that the sheets were in the water long enough to capture a significant amount of gold being that it is a wide river where a whole lot of water passes by with no contact to the burlap.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
The studies posted make no mention of burlap and fish oil, and the Crisco in the pan shows what gold in a pan with Crisco will do, this is not burlap and fish oil covered with gold. Yes I would love for you to show pictures of burlap and fish oil covered with gold as you describe, if its as cheap and easy to do as you claim it shouldn't be that hard to show I would think :icon_scratch:

It's so easy that you can do it yourself. Sift some black sands thru burlap soaked in fish oil and post some pics. Make sure to keep the burlap submerged in water.

Science gives us knowledge, but only philosophy can give us wisdom.

Last edited:

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's so easy that you can do it yourself. Sift some black sands thru burlap soaked in fish oil and post some pics. Make sure to keep the burlap submerged in water.

Science gives us knowledge, but only philosophy can give us wisdom.

Possibly if you spent as much time actually backing up your claims as you do shifting the subject and using the copy/paste function, we could avoid these long drawn out threads, but thats obviously why your here..

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Possibly if you spent as much time actually backing up your claims as you do shifting the subject and using the copy/paste function, we could avoid these long drawn out threads, but thats obviously why your here..

In the time that you have spent trying to debunk what is shown to work in scientific studies and mining journals you could have tried it youself!

No they did not specify fish oil but they do specify numerous other kinds of oil/petroleum products any of which work.

No they did not specify burlap. They used wood aluminum ect. The gold sticks to oils/grease/numerous petroleum products no matter if wood, aluminum or even banana skins are coated. Its the oil// that the gold sticks to.

In other words gold is oleophilic it doesn't matter what kind of oil you use.

oleophilic - adjective, Chemistry.
1. of or relating to a substance that has an affinity for oils and not for water.
Compare hydrophobic (def 2)

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The boys cut their 4th of july week vacation short to build me a vibrating grease table from an old commercial sluice that we don't use anymore. Isn't that nice of them? Real miners rule!

They ran a test on a 55 gallon drum of black sands and the results were amazing to say the least! It took less than an hour to run and recovered over 36 ounces!

I'll be flying back tomorrow to see it in action!

If anyone is taking pics, and/or giving out info..... That^^ is what I want to know more about. How big of a table? Any riffles or flat like a miller table? What type and how much vibration? What kind of grease? Were the black sands cons?

Last edited:

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the time that you have spent trying to debunk what is shown to work in scientific studies and mining journals you could have tried it youself!

No they did not specify fish oil but they do specify numerous other kinds of oil/petroleum products any of which work.

No they did not specify burlap. They used wood aluminum ect. The gold sticks to oils/grease/numerous petroleum products no matter if wood, aluminum or even banana skins are coated. Its the oil// that the gold sticks to.

We could go back and forth all night, the op did just what your asking me to do and he didn't have to for me to know better. All I was asking was for you to back up your claims, not for me to. If you can't that's all I need to know.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
We could go back and forth all night, the op did just what your asking me to do and he didn't have to for me to know better. All I was asking was for you to back up your claims, not for me to. If you can't that's all I need to know.

You are right about that! We could go back and forth but you will not get it!

I've shown in a pan with crisco what you could take 60 seconds of your life to try yourself and I've already stated that gold is oleophilic and you still do not get it!

Again:. oleophilic - adjective, Chemistry.
1. of or relating to a substance that has an affinity for oils and not for water.

OILS plural! Fish oil and crisco are oils! Any oil will work!

OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right about that! We could go back and forth but you will not get it!

I've shown in a pan with crisco what you could take 60 seconds of your life to try yourself and I've already stated that gold is oleophilic and you still do not get it!

Again:. oleophilic - adjective, Chemistry.

OILS plural! Fish oil and crisco are oils! Any oil will work!

After I removed the rocks from the Pyrex bowl, I filled the bowl with water, and all of the ashes floated. It was a thick, dry coat of ash covering the entire surface. I figured that if there was any gold in the ash, it would be too small for gravity separation, and I don't have a kiln yet, so I discarded the fine ash, and focused on the large rocks that I found. One of these rocks, under a loupe shows tiny specs of gold and copper. I will post pics when I get a better camera. Chlsbrns, my method involved attaching the burlap vertically to a wooden piling in the river. Not sure if results will differ, but today, I'm going to get a bigger piece of burlap, and attach a pool noodle on each side, and allow it to float on the surface of the river. River level has been way down lately, and I suspect that my burlap was only submerged at high tide. Still kind of curious about the submerged barge as well. I coated two spots on it, with Vaseline a year ago, and now, those two spots have a yellow tint. The barge is old and rusty, but I still should be able to scrape a little off with a credit card so I can put it under my microscope. My fiance sat on a log playing with the beach sand while I was burning the burlap. On the way home, she was driving, and the sun hit her wrist and she noticed fine specks of gold all over her wrists. Looked like tiny pieces of glitter. There is of course the possibility that is was mica, but the mica I've seen around here, looks more silver. I wish the obvious hazards of mercury didn't exist. I would love to attach mercury to a copper screen and leave it in the river for a month. The old timer I talked to that did it back in the 60s got over an ounce in a 2 week period. Btw, someone on here told me about that guy, and I ended up contacting him myself.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Reptwar before you do anything else you should consider doing a Purple of Cassius test on the sands and on the water to see if there is gold. I you do the test on water boil the water so that a significant amount of the water evaporates from the pot. You could also test the sands using a coated gold pan. Make sure that you keep the sands submerged in water.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder why such a large company as BP would test, study and patent this process? Their tests show 85% gold recoveries down to one micron. Gold suspends in water at about 74 microns.

popc1.gif~original

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160727-095131.png
    Screenshot_20160727-095131.png
    448 KB · Views: 125
  • Micron-Illustration.jpg
    Micron-Illustration.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow !! on the video ..Keep on looking down, one may never know what they will find. :-)

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The boys cut their 4th of july week vacation short to build me a vibrating grease table from an old commercial sluice that we don't use anymore. Isn't that nice of them? Real miners rule!

They ran a test on a 55 gallon drum of black sands and the results were amazing to say the least! It took less than an hour to run and recovered over 36 ounces!

I'll be flying back tomorrow to see it in action!

If anyone is taking pics, and/or giving out info..... That^^ is what I want to know more about. How big of a table? Any riffles or flat like a miller table? What type and how much vibration? What kind of grease? Were the black sands cons?

I have access to a lot of black beach sand, with micron gold is why I ask. Can you patent this table? ^^

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have access to a lot of black beach sand, with micron gold is why I ask. Can you patent this table? ^^

Hell, don't patent it!

CHSL..what we really could use is some detailed pics of the table, and the
process they used. And yes, that table construction is critical, so pics on
how to properly make it are important. Seeing as you're the only one that
has a table for this, how about coughing up some pics?

36 oz. from 55 gal. of black sand?

For those who didn't do the math, that works out to over 20 grams of gold
per gallon of black sand.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread