Found this gold dust in 3 minutes

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live by the Arkansas river and dug out a crack in sidewalk, that is submerged when river floods. Literally took 3 minutes to collect this gold dust. It stuck to my dust pan, and I am wondering about ways to collect it. There are literally hundreds of more cracks for me to dig out. Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• 1467640772425.jpg
    1467640772425.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 480
  • 1467640793949.jpg
    1467640793949.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 507
  • 1467640816919.jpg
    1467640816919.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 495
Upvote 0

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Hell, don't patent it!

CHSL..what we really could use is some detailed pics of the table, and the
process they used. And yes, that table construction is critical, so pics on
how to properly make it are important. Seeing as you're the only one that
has a table for this, how about coughing up some pics?

36 oz. from 55 gal. of black sand?

For those who didn't do the math, that works out to over 20 grams of gold
per pound of black sand.

A 55 gallon drum of black sands is roughly a ton. Your calculations are way off!

35oz = about 1200ppm or roughly a half gram per pound. Gezzzzzzz! How the heck did you get 20 grams per pound?

Yes we can patent the table but have no interest in doing so nor do we have any interest in sharing with recreational prospectors.

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you can get a lot of gold if you have the know how, and the right equipment. John Arizona had a thread (that I can't find yet) where he was getting 1000 ounces per ton! I think it was in Arizona, a placer claim. He did get 22 ounces in a day.....there are pics....I don't know if it was the same thread....or that claim.
Hey, it ain't 36 ounces in less then an hour....but you gotta start some where!!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no set weight of black sands or amount of gold in it. there can be some reasonably expected minimums. Wet black sand weighs on average 28 pounds a gallon so 1540 pounds for a 55 gallon barrel. Dry black sand weighs less. A ton of black sand per barrel would be 181 pounds per 5 gallon bucket. 36 pounds per gallon. I've filled many five gallon buckets with black sand none of them were that close to 200 pounds. the numbers are going to vary by content of the sand. 20 pounds of - 20 pure magnetite just about fills a gallon milk jug. It can be bought for garden amendment.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A 55 gallon drum of black sands is roughly a ton. Your calculations are way off!
35oz = about 1200ppm or roughly a half gram per pound. Gezzzzzzz! How the heck did you get 20 grams per pound?

My error..it's over 20g. per gallon of black sand. Plausible, but doubtful

Yes we can patent the table but have no interest in doing so nor do we have any interest in
sharing with recreational prospectors.

Considering that about 99% of this forum are small-scale miners (there's no such thing as a
"recreational prospector"), and you've made it quite clear you look down your nose at small-scale miners,
what the hell are you doing here?

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
36 oz. from 55 gal. of black sand?

For those who didn't do the math, that works out to over 20 grams of gold
per gallon of black sand.

The original 36 oz claim didn't indicate whether it was 36 oz of gold or 36 oz of wishes and dreams. Could have been 36 oz of bananas. You were the one who assumed it was 36 oz of gold. :BangHead:

Heavy Pans

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
There is no set weight of black sands or amount of gold in it. there can be some reasonably expected minimums. Wet black sand weighs on average 28 pounds a gallon so 1540 pounds for a 55 gallon barrel. Dry black sand weighs less. A ton of black sand per barrel would be 181 pounds per 5 gallon bucket. 36 pounds per gallon. I've filled many five gallon buckets with black sand none of them were that close to 200 pounds. the numbers are going to vary by content of the sand. 20 pounds of - 20 pure magnetite just about fills a gallon milk jug. It can be bought for garden amendment.

One gallon of dry magnetite weighs 43 pounds.

Last edited by a moderator:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other

Didn't anyone notice whats wrong with the post? Other than what I've already pointed out of course.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://prospectorschoice.com/magnetite-black-sand/ directly from a website that sells it so not my words. "[FONT=&quot]It packs very densely. For example twenty lbs of it will fit into a gallon milk jug with a little room left over"

i'm just sharing information you don't have to start insulting and attacking people.[/FONT]

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
https://prospectorschoice.com/magnetite-black-sand/ directly from a website that sells it so not my words. "[FONT="]It packs very densely. For example twenty lbs of it will fit into a gallon milk jug with a little room left over"

i'm just sharing information you don't have to start insulting and attacking people.[/FONT]

Wasn't attacking just pointing out that you were incorrect in your post that was meant to prove me wrong.

Convert volume to weight: Magnetite

Last edited:

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes we can patent the table but have no interest in doing so nor do we have any interest in sharing with recreational prospectors.

This one makes me laugh hard! All you do is share everything with us that YOU feel we should know but when someone asks you to share something your too good?? LOL!!!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your calculator misses several aspects that affect the volume to weight ratio. A milk jug full of one gram nuggets will weigh less than a milk jug of minus 20 gold.
the link I shared is from a source that sell -20 magnetite their 20lb bag fills a milk jug. my whole point is that the weight of black sand can vary greatly.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The original 36 oz claim didn't indicate whether it was 36 oz of gold
or 36 oz of wishes and dreams. Could have been 36 oz of bananas. You were the one who assumed
it was 36 oz of gold. :BangHead:
Heavy Pans

warning1.gif~original

Yes, your Honor, I am guilty of a grievous offense...I presumed. I have shamed
the family name, and will now fall on my sword..

But..before I do, the "bananas" reference gave me an idea. When picking blackberries,
I use my sluices as chutes for getting the berries to the bucket; often 2 or 3
of them combined are needed as I cut deeper into the patch.

This year I'm going to put a combination of fish oil, motor oil, and top it off with some
cold pressed hemp oil. These berries are growing on a riverside, high bench left over
from the glaciers, so maybe they're also full of gold?

All these years I've been making blackberry jelly..gotta wonder just how many
jars of berries-bearing-gold I've sold! (price is now $50 per 8 oz. jar)

Imagine that...golden berries...yeah, that's the ticket!

Oh yeah...back to falling on my sword..

budo.gif~original

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nor do we have any interest in sharing with recreational prospectors.

? TreasureNet is for recreational as well as Professionals.

We expect all of them to Get respect.

Just a Warning ! Respect them all !

if your Not here to Share ? Why are you ?

to learn ? If your a newbie , that's fine ! Don't be afraid to admit it instead of Throwing attitudes.
If your a Professional. good for You ! But again.
Don't throw attitudes !

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the 36 pound avg. per gallon is based on the fact that it is mixed black sands. hematite,magnatite, iron, iron pyrite,silvanite,chromite,scheelite,and lead carbonates all vary by area and affect that average.

As long as people have been discussing placer mining they have been discussing black sands. If we were allowed to share links to other forums I would post numerous that back up what I'm saying. There are numerous here who already know all of this and are most likely shaking their heads right now and nodding in agreement with me.I would say I don't understand why you lash out at people but, I have my own ideas why so whatever just keep attacking and insulting me and others. i don't expect it to stop.

Last edited:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
the 36 pound avg. per gallon is based on the fact that it is mixed black sands. hematite,magnatite, iron, iron pyrite,silvanite,chromite,scheelite,and lead carbonates all vary by area and affect that average.

As long as people have been discussing placer mining they have been discussing black sands. If we were allowed to share links to other forums I would post numerous that back up what I'm saying. There are numerous hear who already know all of this and are most likely shaking their heads right now and nodding in agreement with me.I would say I don't understand why you lash out at people but, I have my own ideas why so whatever just keep attacking and insulting me and others. i don't expect it to stop.

It was you who originally tried to dispute how much a 55 gallon drum of black sand weighs and now you want to post something that would favor that our 55 gallon drum could weigh a ton?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
warning1.gif~original

Yes, your Honor, I am guilty of a grievous offense...I presumed. I have shamed
the family name, and will now fall on my sword..

But..before I do, the "bananas" reference gave me an idea. When picking blackberries,
I use my sluices as chutes for getting the berries to the bucket; often 2 or 3
of them combined are needed as I cut deeper into the patch.

This year I'm going to put a combination of fish oil, motor oil, and top it off with some
cold pressed hemp oil. These berries are growing on a riverside, high bench left over
from the glaciers, so maybe they're also full of gold?

All these years I've been making blackberry jelly..gotta wonder just how many
jars of berries-bearing-gold I've sold! (price is now $50 per 8 oz. jar)

Imagine that...golden berries...yeah, that's the ticket!

Oh yeah...back to falling on my sword..

budo.gif~original
Clay is just making fun of us for holding the sword while we take turns jumping on it...can't blame him we should know better at this point

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread