After three years, I finally found what I 've been looking for!

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Close to home and easy access! Best one day sample ever! Funny thing is, I've sampled there before...in all the wrong places :BangHead:...found chit. Then looked at some pics from the site last year, realized my mistake, returned and immediately fixed that pesky little problem! :hello2:

002.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Lanny. I want you to know your communications with me, both direct and indirectly has helped me immensely. Funny thing, I had convinced myself that the lower river held nothing but flour and an occasional small flake as that was all I could find. Now, not only has it produced my first picker, it's given me a best one day total so far. I'll send you a pic of the site so you can see what didn't and did work. Thanks again buddy! :notworthy:

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Conclusion

Wow, already been a month so I better post this up. Last trip? Humbling. That's a good summary of the results. God forbid you ever get a handle on it, right? I did all the right things, same techniques and in the same area and got just a dusting. 1/4 flake and smaller stuff...very small stuff. And I skipped the Miller Table this time in favor of panning, and learned a thing or two. One, I was having a helluva time getting the non magnetic black sand to move away from the gold, and it was classified to -40. Finally...I got my loop out and found gold with black stuff in it and black stuff with gold in it. LOL So I made a case for crushing the stuff cuz seeing is believing, but not really enuff for me 'cept to learn from. So no final clean up or weight, pic, etc but some gold none the less. :icon_thumright:

002.JPG Covered carport high banking. Doing it in style with stereo. :headbang:

004.JPG

003.JPG

and the best pic I could do...

010.JPG

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weather will be good tomorrow. only 10% chance of you know what. Will be in CC to pull weeds at my lot and get the mail. That gold looks good just have to find that sweet spot for the pickers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread