After three years, I finally found what I 've been looking for!

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Close to home and easy access! Best one day sample ever! Funny thing is, I've sampled there before...in all the wrong places :BangHead:...found chit. Then looked at some pics from the site last year, realized my mistake, returned and immediately fixed that pesky little problem! :hello2:

002.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Live and learn and drive on, great pan

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet Yella! :occasion14:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Now Grasshopper... Wasn't that the same area that yielded up all of that PYRITE? Just kidding of course but you KNOW I had to give ya a hard time. (If I didn't you'd think I was sick or something) Call when ya have time

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations Jeff,
Here we are in an occupation that takes us outdoors to perform hard labor and we are happy to receive some to no reward for our hard work. We Must be Crazy! Keep it up fella...........63bkpkr

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great job Jeff! Now go get it all!

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Now Grasshopper... Wasn't that the same area that yielded up all of that PYRITE? Just kidding of course but you KNOW I had to give ya a hard time. (If I didn't you'd think I was sick or something) Call when ya have time

When you got the real thing to work with, t'aint hard at all. :thumbsup:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wonderful my friend, congrats!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Way cool Jeff...glad you found a spot with some decent color! :occasion14:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're the man Jeff!!!! Remember about the sun and the dog! LOL! Somebody was smiling on you! :icon_thumleft::notworthy:

mcordell

Nov 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think I know where the gold is on my claim, but still take a little time to dig where I probably won't find anything. I get surprised often.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great Work Jeff. You are in line to get your official Reader of the River patch.

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hmmm. It always looks like less than expected and smaller too once it's all cleaned up....but that's gold for ya. Here's what I got out of the two gallons 1/2" classified sample. Right outta the pan and fresh off the miller table. 5 more of these babies and I'll be at almost a gram. :laughing7:

ps...if you blow the first pic up, you can see how fine the gold is that gets trapped. I brush everything because I can't even see it. :icon_thumleft:

003.JPG 013.JPG 018.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
(I thought I would resurrect this thread due to my latest/last trip was going to the same place.)

Part 2

Since Mother Nature decided to both warn me and put an end to my 2016 season, I set about getting ready for what looks to be my last trip this year. As I dug around in my shed for my gear, I found the pan I had last used on the end of the Miller Table. I hadn't even looked at it, forgot all about it and sure enuff, a little more gold was smiling back at me from the black sand. So yes, the table needs to be a bit flatter and faster. Check.

As I packed up, I had a little talk with myself (I don't think it was outloud tho :icon_scratch:) I really wanted to stop with my "kid in a candy store" actions as soon as boots hit the ground. I wanted a lot more quality with as little quantity as possible. The 1/2 classifier worked very well with the cobble I had found so my only "problem" was doing as good or better than last time. But how??? Then it hit me. BEER! :occasion14: So along with the pans, trowels and containers went my favorite 25 ounce 8.1%'er. Check.

The day had started out sunny and 45, but the thin overcast now covering the sky horizon to horizon was a harbinger of things to come, so I wasted no time packing up Karen and the dog and we were there in less than 20 minutes. I stepped outta the truck, grabbed a beer, cracked it open, found a big boulder, got on top and had a seat.

Oh yes. THIS was MUCH better...then the Zen feeling kinda got going and it felt like this is the way I should have always been doing it. I kept looking for and found my old hole and saw it remained empty as I had left it. I noticed I hadn't explored at all upstream and there a few areas that resembled where I had found the gold earlier. Basically, the bedrock is exposed and jagged all the way into the river. Where it juts out farther than the rest, you can easily track the near vertical channels cut in to the rock and where they emptied any gold at the end. I walked around and flagged my targets, got my gear and was working in another 20 minutes.

First off, I gotta tell ya just how ideal this day was for prospecting. There was a cool dry sustained breeze coming right up the river and the diffused sunlight made digging ideal as the perspiration wicked away almost immediately. The sounds of nearby rapids, small trout sipping flies and the leaves turning made me wanna stay till the skies did finally open up.

Anyways, my first target was just below a boulder that was not going to be moved today for sure. I didn't think it was necessary for it to be moved anyway cuz the basin I was interested in was just below it. However, there WERE two that did require moving. Sitting on the biggest boulder, I kept pushing on the second using my legs and throwing rocks under it as I gained ground till it gave way and gravity took over. The smaller one was probably 60 or 70 pounds and wasn't a problem. Once I started digging I was surprised first by the amount of dirt I was getting classified and two, how far back and down I was able to go and then it happened...finally hit bedrock! 3 gallons collected and on to the next spot. Got maybe a cup or two as I hit bedrock right away. Third spot and fourth were both large boulders on bedrock. They were each turned fully against the current with a vertical flat face and large cobble slammed up against and around them. Got to bedrock on one but not the other and I rounded out my 5 gallons to bring home.

So all I can say for now is the first sample I took, I found a good size flake that wasn't stamped flat...had a little character if you know what I mean. So, I trusted my instincts after that and just collected it all and brought it home. Now Ol Ma Nature can kiss my arse cuz my new digs has a huge covered deck and carport and I can process that dirt ANY TIME I WANT TO!:icon_sunny:

Results/pics to be posted

Last edited:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, that is some fine writing as it pulled me right in there with you, thanks! An absolutely superb day "out there", best of success with going through your 5 gallons of suspense...............63bkpkr

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff you have some crappy weather coming! I saw it on the news this morning. I feel for YA' let me see hum' car port go run that dirt! We need some pictures!!!! BTW good story. Can see it in my head. Oh no a Kodak moment I can't delete! LOL! :icon_scratch: :hello2:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Close to home and easy access! Best one day sample ever! Funny thing is, I've sampled there before...in all the wrong places :BangHead:...found chit. Then looked at some pics from the site last year, realized my mistake, returned and immediately fixed that pesky little problem! :hello2:

View attachment 1361801

Ain't that sweet?! Nicely done Jeff; you're catching fire now, so let all the surrounding gold know you're a comin'!

Once you get the knack there's no goin' back!!

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions