What's new

Sword Belt Plate, Seated Dime, Antebellum Silver Ring!!

BuckleBoy

Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
18,159
Reaction score
9,723
Golden Thread
4
Location
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Had a heck of a hunt with Shanegalang today. He dug a couple great things first off, including a beaten up Seated Dime and a sword belt plate! The plate is Masonic, bearing the inscription "IN HOC SIGNO VINCES." I dug a cuff button with the same motto at the site, likely from the same uniform. I have decided to give the button to Shane to display with the belt plate. I thought I was going to get skunked, but I got a Goodyear Pat. 1851 button (eyeball find), which I have always wanted one of in my collection. Then I dug a worn smooth Shield Nickel. Shane countered with another Shield Nickel. I dug a nice silver thimble that was complete and not too badly bent by the plow. Then I got a Beefalo Nickel. But at the end of the hunt (probably the last 30 minutes at the site), I got a coin silver ring that looks to be homemade. I am wondering if this is a Claddagh Ring or similar. Almost looks like it has two overlapping hearts on it. Would love to know what everyone thinks about the ring. This is one of my all time favorite finds. At any rate, here is the video and the photos.



HPIM5011.webpHPIM5013.webpHPIM5016.webp

HPIM5014.webpHPIM5015.webpIMG_1827.webp

IMG_1823.webpIMG_1824.webp

IMG_1820.webpIMG_1826.webp

HPIM5017.webpHPIM5018.webpHPIM5019.webp

IMG_1829.webpIMG_1817.webpIMG_1819.webp


Cheers,

Buck
 
Last edited:
Upvote 48
Great hunt. I really like the button. I've always wanted to find one. Not sure on the ring but very cool find. What's the age of the buckle? Very nice variety of relics and coins as usual keep it up! HH!
 
That's coin rich ground you guy's dig on down there BB.Even those era coins don't show here very often.Sometimes I wonder what they did for money around here.:laughing7:
Take care,
Pete,:hello:
 
Wow - super hunt!
 
Cool assortment of finds!
 
you guys just keep finding the cool stuff, the ring looks pretty worn but I like it
 
Yes indeed, BB.........twin hearts. I have the remnants of a Trade Era twin hearts silver ring, but it is totally different construction? Without it in hand, I wouldn't hazard a guess as to age........don't matter! Helluva' find!!
You guy's did great! (As usual!)

Iowa Dale
 
It's good to see you guys still digging up some fantastic finds there…keep them coming, I'm done for a few month with the freeze right now...
 
WTG man... I love seeing the variety of items that you always post!
 
That is one nice plate. Is he going to send it off and have it fixed? Also my idea on the ring is it should go to Diggergirl! LOL
 
Nice variety Buck:icon_thumleft:

~Blaze~
 
Way to go Guys!!!! Most excellent recoveries. :occasion14:
I agree with Dman too. I'd send that buckle in to have it fixed.
Congrats!!! :thumbsup:
-MM-
 
Great hunt. I really like the button. I've always wanted to find one. Not sure on the ring but very cool find. What's the age of the buckle? Very nice variety of relics and coins as usual keep it up! HH!

I think the age of the buckle would be probably late 1800s, judging from the style of tongue on it.
 
That's coin rich ground you guy's dig on down there BB.Even those era coins don't show here very often.Sometimes I wonder what they did for money around here.:laughing7:
Take care,
Pete,:hello:

This is the most coin rich area I've ever hunted--and I've hunted in 10 states before. I'm amazed that everytime we go out, we get at least one coin it seems. Sometimes more. Never seen anything like it.
 
Yes indeed, BB.........twin hearts. I have the remnants of a Trade Era twin hearts silver ring, but it is totally different construction? Without it in hand, I wouldn't hazard a guess as to age........don't matter! Helluva' find!!
You guy's did great! (As usual!)

Iowa Dale

Great to hear from you! I found your post and saw the twin heart fragment you dug and posted in 2008. That was where I'd seen the design before. Knew it seemed familiar. Yes, the construction is completely different. I wonder if there's a French/Nova Scotia connection in terms of design?
 
It's good to see you guys still digging up some fantastic finds there…keep them coming, I'm done for a few month with the freeze right now...

Will do our best. We're hoping to get out again soon for another helping of finds.

Thanks for your reply, and hope it's a short winter for you up there.

-Buck
 
WTG man... I love seeing the variety of items that you always post!

Really spans a lot of time. I am always surprised at how many modern items there are in the fields. Farmers seem to drop a lot of items. On this hunt I also dug a section of a wristwatch band (plated) and a clad quarter.
 
that ring is interesting. Reminds me of one I found a few years ago. The overall consensus at that time was it was a homemade ring, like from a shop class. Who knows though?
 

Attachments

  • rings3.webp
    rings3.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 124
  • rings2.webp
    rings2.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 114
That is one nice plate. Is he going to send it off and have it fixed? Also my idea on the ring is it should go to Diggergirl! LOL

You might have a good idea there... but DG says she's already taken. :D
 
Way to go Guys!!!! Most excellent recoveries. :occasion14:
I agree with Dman too. I'd send that buckle in to have it fixed.
Congrats!!! :thumbsup:
-MM-

Yeah, IMO it's totally worth it to have it straightened professionally.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom