What's new

Sword Belt Plate, Seated Dime, Antebellum Silver Ring!!

BuckleBoy

Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
18,159
Reaction score
9,723
Golden Thread
4
Location
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Had a heck of a hunt with Shanegalang today. He dug a couple great things first off, including a beaten up Seated Dime and a sword belt plate! The plate is Masonic, bearing the inscription "IN HOC SIGNO VINCES." I dug a cuff button with the same motto at the site, likely from the same uniform. I have decided to give the button to Shane to display with the belt plate. I thought I was going to get skunked, but I got a Goodyear Pat. 1851 button (eyeball find), which I have always wanted one of in my collection. Then I dug a worn smooth Shield Nickel. Shane countered with another Shield Nickel. I dug a nice silver thimble that was complete and not too badly bent by the plow. Then I got a Beefalo Nickel. But at the end of the hunt (probably the last 30 minutes at the site), I got a coin silver ring that looks to be homemade. I am wondering if this is a Claddagh Ring or similar. Almost looks like it has two overlapping hearts on it. Would love to know what everyone thinks about the ring. This is one of my all time favorite finds. At any rate, here is the video and the photos.



HPIM5011.webpHPIM5013.webpHPIM5016.webp

HPIM5014.webpHPIM5015.webpIMG_1827.webp

IMG_1823.webpIMG_1824.webp

IMG_1820.webpIMG_1826.webp

HPIM5017.webpHPIM5018.webpHPIM5019.webp

IMG_1829.webpIMG_1817.webpIMG_1819.webp


Cheers,

Buck
 
Last edited:
Upvote 48
Nice digs. I like the Goodyear button, I found my first this fall.
 
Great finds thanks for sharing and congrats on the success.
 
Unless anyone has hunted with you, they have no idea the time you & Shane put in and the wet territory you wade through and cover to dig those coins & relics. Congrats Shane on the buckle & you on the ring. Quality wise, that's a good hunt. WTG, Q.
It's a shame you didn't find that ring BEFORE the wedding last year-LOL.
 
Nice assortment of finds once again, liking the plate and the silver thimble. Interesting style of band on the ring being connected under the heart to hide the seam, nice find.
 
Unless anyone has hunted with you, they have no idea the time you & Shane put in and the wet territory you wade through and cover to dig those coins & relics. Congrats Shane on the buckle & you on the ring. Quality wise, that's a good hunt. WTG, Q.
It's a shame you didn't find that ring BEFORE the wedding last year-LOL.
Thank you Q. I am very excited, well not that I saw BBs enthusiasm lol Sometimes I dont realize just what it is that I have dug :) good point about the ring, it came from the very field that diggergirl proposed to BB in..........BB did you think of that?
 
Nice hunt guys! That has to be the ugliest coin I've ever seen, but its silver so it counts :laughing7:. Nice job on the belt plate too. Are you going to attempt straightening it?
 
Great Hunt BuckleBoy.
 
Wow that seated dime took a beating some were...
 
Buck
Here is one I've had laying around on my misc shelf for a few months
Took a closer look at it and it's surely unmarked coin silver that's hand engraved detail with the same motif

image-1671784952.webp
 
Thank you Q. I am very excited, well not that I saw BBs enthusiasm lol Sometimes I dont realize just what it is that I have dug :) good point about the ring, it came from the very field that diggergirl proposed to BB in..........BB did you think of that?

Yeah, she buried a ring for me to find, and it would've been perfect if I'd dug that beforehand and given it to her! :)
 
Buck
Here is one I've had laying around on my misc shelf for a few months
Took a closer look at it and it's surely unmarked coin silver that's hand engraved detail with the same motif

View attachment 1105407

Same motif absolutely! Tell me, was your ring dug on a fur trade site, colonial, or antebellum site?
 
Last November I found a nickel plated cross with the same inscription on it as your belt plate.

That looks exactly like a Claddagh ring, but it does look homemade. I wonder if the details were inscribed and then wore off? I dug one last year as well, I am just sure it isn't as old as yours.
 
Same motif absolutely! Tell me, was your ring dug on a fur trade site, colonial, or antebellum site?

It was a colonial-CW site
Which always makes it more difficult to date
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom