What's new

1890 Home London Eley Pinfire Shell

Blueblood

Full Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2013
Messages
227
Reaction score
292
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure this site has been dug before. Didn't find one old coin. However, I did find an awesome Pinfire. Also, old brass spigot. Photos in 1890 and today included. image.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webp
 
Upvote 14
Just out of interest, why Eley pinfire when it states London?
 
Search closely around that hitching post!

aj
 
Cool finds,
That "Tap" looks like an
old gas valve for a wall lantern.
Congrats
 
Just out of interest, why Eley pinfire when it states London?

E B is for Eley Bros. I found a ton of info here and on general Google searches.
 
E B is for Eley Bros. I found a ton of info here and on general Google searches.

OK, makes sense, I thought you meant Ely, UK which is one of the longest (over 100 years) & largest manufacturers of shotgun cartridges.(to this day)
 
Nice finds. Like the pics of the house.
 
an awesome Pinfire
Hi Blueblood, just a little information for you. This particular shotshell was made between 1861 and 1874. Eley shotshells such as this have been found in many ACW battlefields and encampments as well.

Ely, UK which is one of the longest (over 100 years) & largest manufacturers of shotgun cartridges.(to this day)
Crusader, I think you may be confused. Eley (the maker of this shotshell, based in London) is one of the longest and largest ammunition manufacturers and still exists. Ely, UK is just some city.
 
Hi Blueblood, just a little information for you. This particular shotshell was made between 1861 and 1874. Eley shotshells such as this have been found in many ACW battlefields and encampments as well.

Crusader, I think you may be confused. Eley (the maker of this shotshell, based in London) is one of the longest and largest ammunition manufacturers and still exists. Ely, UK is just some city.

I think your right, I never looked into it. Now you taught me something - cheers.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom