Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had some errands to run this AM so dropped the wife off at the beach while I went and did my thing ... I picked her up 3 hours later and once again she pillaged the booty that was left behind from the beach crowds this past weekend from the dry sand.

She nabbed 175 coins for a total of $21.97 - plus a wallet (no id) which had 4 coupons for freebies at McDonalds, all with her Bounty Hunter 505. She makes me smile. I'm proud of her.

Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• 0302 003.jpg
    0302 003.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 578
  • 0302a.jpg
    0302a.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 571
Upvote 0

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
She sure finds a TON of coins! I have never found that many ever at one time.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations to your wife Dew...she finds more coinage on the
beaches than most do. I can see why you would be proud of her.
That's what you get for running errands and turning her loose with
that Bounty Hunter....just hope that she doesn't take a likeing to
hunting the water!! LOL.....Gold Nuggets :hello:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all that clad and a free meal to boot. She dose alright on the dry sand......Matt

wwace

Jan 4, 2006
Anchorage AK
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
Judging by the amount of coins she found there must be some gold on that beach as it cannot be heavily hunted with here finding that many coins. Maybe have her try wet sand or shallow wading and see if there is any gold to be found, very nice haul though

OP
OP
DewGuru

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wwace said:
Judging by the amount of coins she found there must be some gold on that beach as it cannot be heavily hunted with here finding that many coins. Maybe have her try wet sand or shallow wading and see if there is any gold to be found, very nice haul though

Actually, this particular beach gets slammed by droves of people on almost a daily basis. Most any day during season, there will be at least 10-15 detectorists that make the rounds. It's just a matter of going at the most opportune times. There are a number of spots where one can go and collect $5-$10 in clad on a very regular basis -- those particular areas are rarely frequented by anyone at this beach. Finds are abundant here, gold/silver included -- just a matter of right spot, right time. During season, this beach replenishes itself in volume on a daily basis.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions