1-14-07 Finds

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out today....found the usual clad....3 wheats, 44, 51 & 57. I also found an old hoe about 7" deep...which I was glad when it was finally out of the ground.....phew and a horseshoe.

I also dug up a bullet that I am not sure what size it is. My brother thought it might be a 50 caliber bullet. It is pretty big....heavy also. Any thoughts on it??

Attachments

• MD 005 Clad 1-14-07.jpg
    MD 005 Clad 1-14-07.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,529
Upvote 0
Here is the bullet....hoe and horseshoe.

Attachments

• MD 006 1-14-07.jpg
    MD 006 1-14-07.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1,525
  • MD 006 1-14-07.jpg
    MD 006 1-14-07.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1,530
  • MD 006 1-14-07.jpg
    MD 006 1-14-07.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1,518
Let me try this again....darn...this is the bulllet.

Attachments

• MD 007 1-14-07.jpg
    MD 007 1-14-07.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,515
Looks like you had a productive day lejeuene. Is that the place where you got permission from the woman?
Happy Hunting,
Mike in NJ

HELLO BEAUTY.

Cool staff.WTG.

Attachments

• 580351.gif
    580351.gif
    8.4 KB · Views: 1,520
  • 580351.gif
    580351.gif
    8.4 KB · Views: 1,419
Usual clad?! That is a great clad haul. ;D

Nice to find some wheat pennies too. Reassures you are hunting in the right spot.

That bullet - I found a bunch of those in New Mexico on the White Sands Missile Range. All over the place out there.

Mirage

That's a huge bullet!

You can hang that horshoe upside down for good luck.

Keep it up. ;)

that a lot of neat digs, good job! :) that bullet looks like a small missle. :o

That is a bunch of change!! what was the totals are those all quarters on the left?

You go girl!! That is a bunch of loot!! Congrats on the wheaties.

Now, if some of the guys here would concentrate on your treasure....... ::)

Great Job G/F

HH,
Moon

I believe the bullet to be a fired 50 caliber machine gun bullet. You can see the grooves on the bullet that were made by the lands in the rifled barrel it was fired from. I also have one that I found while metal detecting.

texan connection said:
That is a bunch of change!! what was the totals are those all quarters on the left?

It is about 24 quarters. Three in one hole. I dug all day long too. I am sore as can be....lol.

The bullet looks like a modern .50 BMG (British Machine Gun) it is the standard 50 caliber round used today by our army and what not. Still its pretty neat find, I have a couple I picked up at a gun show cause I thought they made neat paper wieghts.

Wow, nice finds, love the horseshoe. Now you need to find a Mule Shoe. LOL

The bullet looks like a 30 or 50 Caliber. But modern I doubt it, who the heck is firing a bullet like that around your area?

HH, Ringfinder

ringfinder said:
Wow, nice finds, love the horseshoe. Now you need to find a Mule Shoe. LOL

The bullet looks like a 30 or 50 Caliber. But modern I doubt it, who the heck is firing a bullet like that around your area?

HH, Ringfinder

You know...when I dug that horse up up I really thought about the muleshoe thing....good memory Ringfinder...lol. I wondered to myself....horseshoe or muleshoe?? ???

I thought the same thing....what is a round like that doing in a park area?? Scary huh?

Great Clad count, I once found 5 quarters in a hole(I love when that happens)
I always wonder about that bullet thing, I find them everywhere, Gone astray I reckon, certainly not pocket drop.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back