What's new

1 artifact and 4 snakes

monsterrack

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2013
Messages
4,429
Reaction score
5,831
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got up at 5am to head out to the creek, the temp. was already 77. I parked my jeep and headed down hill to my favorite spot I call pottery creek( you can fill up a 5 gal. bucket in no time with broken pottery) and got about 10 ft. from the bottom and almost stepped on a cotton mouth snake. That should have gotten my attention to the type of day it was going to be, but not this old redneck(duh). On a normal hunt it is me and my hunting buddy, but he had to work on an order for some product. My wife said it was to hot for her(I should have listened, mama knows best) anyway I fell off in the creek and headed up stream, I always hunt up stream so has not to muddy the water before I get to look. I've walked about a 1/2 a mile finding chips and pottery and I come up on 2 cotton mouths laying on a nice rock bar, after giving them time and room to move on, I did a view found nothing. By now it is feeling like it's 110 no air moving and up ahead is a log pile that I have to go over are thur, so I go thur it. That was a bad thing to do, after going very slow I let my guard down and stepped right on top of, you guessed it #4 cotton mouth who in return hit me just below the calf area on my SNAKE BOOTS( the best $275 I have ever spent) needless to say a light bulb went off, that said get the hell out of dodge. So I back track to where I got in and 5 in.from where my foot print is I found this celt. It was a good day even tho it could have been real bad points and celt 001.webppoints and celt 002.webppoints and celt 003.webp
 
Upvote 0
Lol I know the feeling damn snakes great find praise the boots still a close call !!!!
 
Way to go! Ill fight snakes over my artifacts,too. But I guess thats just the redneck in me.:wink: Awesome find, glad you got out ok!
 
Nice Celt. But them snakes would of sent me home early. Thanks for sharin'.
 
Very nice find. Glad you escaped the snakes!
 
Very nice find! & a good story to read. Snakes, turtles, and alligators seem to be on the move this year.
 
All the animals are getting together early this yr with the crazy weather.
Nice Celt!
Ill count my blessings cause I havent seen any CMs this yr and I hope I dont. I havent seen any snakes at all (knock on wood). I always wear my snake boots even if Im wearing shorts. looks stupid but IDK, lol.
 
We've lucked out and haven't seen snakes in two weeks of hunting. Usually we at least see a cotton mouth or copperhead. Weather has also been crazy, 81 today and a nice breeze. Normally we are upper 90's and awful humidity (middle TN).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom