What's new

1 Good / 1 Not So Good.......

LJ

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,469
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know the story.....picked up my Monday two boxes. One box had the 11/06 date which historically have been good and the other box was another one of those undated boxes which has produced mixed results.

Not to be disappointed...it turned out just like it has in the past with the 11/06 box....22 keepers. The undated box yielded 4. Not a 90% in either box...no proofs....no 87's....no halves with the designers initials missing....all 40%'ers.

2-65-s
4-66's
11-67's
4-68's
5-69's

26 Keepers
 

Attachments

  • P5140148.webp
    P5140148.webp
    63 KB · Views: 283
Upvote 0
It seems to me that no one finds 1970's. what gives? BTW, nice box.
 
Thanks. That 70 is one elusive baby. Out of all the halves I have been through this year...I have found only one....and that was not long ago....a few weeks maybe It was a 70-S.

Now that I have that monkey off of my back....I'm looking for my 2nd one....ha!
 
awhitster said:
It seems to me that no one finds 1970's. what gives? BTW, nice box.
What gives is the 1970-D & S were only issued in mint or proof sets to have one end up in a box would require someone to remove it from its package.They are found in boxes by some people just never me :'(.

It is the single most difficult half to find in a (BOX),a Barber will likely show up before a 1970-D or S.

That being said they are not difficult to find at coin shops/shows and they are not too expensive that every collector couldn't have one in their collection.

They run between 15 & 30 times face value.

Whereas a 90% half be it a Barber,Walking liberty,Franklin or JFK is only worth 8-9 times face value for common low grade coins.

I hope this gives you some idea of why they don't turn up in boxes often :).
 
Not bad / Not so bad!

5K is just around the corner!
 
I see you are still hitting it hard, how are you doing with your B.F. I hope you got your books filled



HCRH DEEPDIGGEREXPII
 
...just like clockwork. Keep up the finds, lj. I hope you milk it for all it's worth!
 
Yep, that 70D is a tough one to find. I managed to get one. Mine was in the teller's drawer. ALWAYS ask for what they may have in the drawer, even if they only have one, take it!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom