What's new

$100 bill: should I keep it?

halfdime

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2006
Messages
4,520
Reaction score
1,500
Golden Thread
0
Location
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Is this a keeper?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1901.webp
    IMG_1901.webp
    974 KB · Views: 278
I would keep it!
 
Can you afford to keep it lol
 
I have the bank old all my rare coins they put them in my savings account for me :thumbsup:
 
Is this a keeper?

First thing I'd do is take it to a bank and ask a teller to confirm
it as a legitimate bill.

Honestly, I'm concerned that it's counterfeit, as the end and side cuts on
the paper look all wrong.
 
value is in the shifted image:icon_thumright:
 
I would buy some keeper silver with it.
 
I'm wondering if it's an error note..looks shifted to the right a bit. I'd take it somewhere to have it looked at, to see if it's an error and a genuine note, as someone above commented. If it's genuine and you can afford to keep it, it's a great score! Thanks for sharing!
 
Take it to your next coin show,keep it only if you can spare $100 bucks. Nice offset error
 
First thing I'd do is take it to a bank and ask a teller to confirm
it as a legitimate bill.

Honestly, I'm concerned that it's counterfeit, as the end and side cuts on
the paper look all wrong.

If the bank determines it is counterfeit I thought they are required to take it. ??
 
Interesting find, unsure of the value, but you never know. :dontknow:
 
I try to keep all of mine for as long as possible.
 
I was in a used bookstore yesterday and the fellow next to me opened a book and found a $100 bill in it. Presumably, it was used for a bookmark and forgotten. The honest fellow showed the shop owner and offered it to him. The shop owner told him "finders keepers". They discussed why the other party was entitled to it for a few fascinating minutes and finally the shop owner took it, and gave the finder $50.

I know that's off-topic, but it was wonderful to witness.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom