What's new

100 year old park, exclusive permit to detect

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
1,377
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
;D It's good to know people in various forums and clubs. I didn't think that I could get into this place, but a friend in another hobby of mine manages the place. So, I dropped him an email and explained what I wanted to do, and no sir I won't leave any sign I was there, and yes sir I'll dispose of all trash etc. etc.. After a couple weeks went by, I received an email from him..........sure!! come on up. Whoo hoo, this place started at the turn of the century(1900) and is still very active today. I was told just me and to not mention the name or location. Today I dug 104 coins, numerous wheats, 4 mercs, 1900 barber dime, 2 buffalo nickels and scads of clads and memorials. Yesterday I found 118 coins, 3 dozen wheats-many from the teens and twenties, 2 mercs, 1907 Indian head, war nickel and lots of clad and memorials. I'm in heaven to say the least. It's a bit of a drive from home, but oh well.
IM000660.jpg
april2days003.jpg
april2days002.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Color me JEALOUS

I'd probably be camping around there on weekends!

Congrats!!!


B
 
Dayton,

Where did you get that pouch? I got that exact same pouch for my son 2 years ago and forgot where I got it from.

Also, I'm in Dayton myself.... I see you!

Good work and great finds!

Ohiotech
 
Looks like you got a great hunting spot. Too bad we can't have a group hunt there :( I only live a little south of you.
 
WOW...you found a boat load of coins!!! Good Job!!
 
garyf: those are rolled pennies-not too old. Ohiotech: I got that pouch off of ebay a while back. I was thinking the seller said it came with his bounty hunter or some other brand. Everyone else: thanks once again for the comments. I would talk to them about a group hunt, but they told me they didn't want much attention and to keep the sight under wraps. They're afraid others may come and trash the grounds. I think I'll be replacing research with travel time this year. ;D
 
Congrats on all those nice finds DD. :thumbsup:
You should have a great summer at that spot.
 
You hit the mother lode... :icon_king: Keep us posted on you finds along with pixs.
 
All's you gotta do is ask...I don't think it has ever killed anyone yet.Awesome "exclusive" permit DD!!!Look's like you're going to have a blast there,nice job on the silver and what else may come your way.HH!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom