What's new

100 year old park, exclusive permit to detect

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
1,377
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
;D It's good to know people in various forums and clubs. I didn't think that I could get into this place, but a friend in another hobby of mine manages the place. So, I dropped him an email and explained what I wanted to do, and no sir I won't leave any sign I was there, and yes sir I'll dispose of all trash etc. etc.. After a couple weeks went by, I received an email from him..........sure!! come on up. Whoo hoo, this place started at the turn of the century(1900) and is still very active today. I was told just me and to not mention the name or location. Today I dug 104 coins, numerous wheats, 4 mercs, 1900 barber dime, 2 buffalo nickels and scads of clads and memorials. Yesterday I found 118 coins, 3 dozen wheats-many from the teens and twenties, 2 mercs, 1907 Indian head, war nickel and lots of clad and memorials. I'm in heaven to say the least. It's a bit of a drive from home, but oh well.
IM000660.jpg
april2days003.jpg
april2days002.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Holy Cow DD, that's a nice haul! Congrats on securing a not-so-hunted (if at all) park and keep your find posts coming! Maybe someday, I'll be so lucky!

AlaskaAng
 
I think I could drive a ways for that kind of digging LOL

Sniffer
 
Well worth that drive, DD! :o No telling what all you're gonna find there! WoW!

Many congrats on those awesome finds!!! 8)

Nana :)
 
Man!. . . What a dream site, you're going to have some
real fun this summer after you get to know the area more. :)

Great stuff and a lot more of that to be found.

HH!
 
I'm way happy for you! Those are some great Mercs! Can't wait to see what else you end up finding!
Best of luck.

Pepper
 
Looks like a potential Iceberg! :wink: ;D Good luck, although I doubt you need it. ;D :D ;D

Bob
 
Thanks for the kind words everyone, and especially Mirage for your berg comment. I was out there today digging a coin spill with a barber dime, a buffalo nickel and 4 teens wheats and it hit me.........this could be my "berg". ::) ;D
 
WOW... your one lucky guy and I cannot wait to see what else ya come up with there.. best of luck and will be watching... congrats again. :thumbsup:
 
New update-- I found a small silver ring that in the field looked as if it might be made from a coin. I cleaned it up and can clearly see the words "six pence" on the inside edge. ;D
 
Sounds like you are in heaven! Nice job on hunting for those mercs! Congratulations on the great spot! Sounds like an awesome spot to hunt! Maybe you will get a large cent out of it.
 
Man - you don't wanna make us jealous - do you!?

Nice digs and great story/area :)

HH
 
These opportunities don't come around often; clean it out as thoroughly as you can! One hundred years ago, gold coins were still circulating; can't wait to see what you might come up with!
 
Congrats on a dream spot to hunt, the finds you made already show some really good potential. WTG good Luck there :thumbsup:
Glenn
 
Wow some people have all the luck....

Go get um................
 
Wow. Looks like two "rolled pennies" at the bottom of the second picture. Are they?
 
Congrats on getting permission to hunt that place, you've got a secure spot that's probably never seen a coil in 100 years..have fun and post those future finds!

Nat
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom