1000 Acre Permission - 1 Hammered & 1713 Queen Anne GOLD Half-Guinea...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Returned to the grass field that we finished on last Monday with 1 hammered at last knockings.
It's a field we have gridded about 40% of it in the past with just a light scattering of Hammered & 1 odd Roman silver.
My aim was to get about another 40% before we cross it off the list.
Struggled in the morning with no recordables & just 9 buttons.
Cru'dad got the hammered & we were pleased with keeping our hammered streak alive.
About 15mins before we were about to call it quits at the 5hr point, Cru'dad decided he didn't want to carry around a huge bit of iron anymore & detected past the last flag & headed to the edge. As he did, he crossed a junky area on the corner that we were not going to grid & dug this signal, thinking not another bit of junk! Out popped the Goldie. If it wasn't for the big bit of iron that coin would still be there.

1 Scrappy
1 Tudor Button
Medieval Lead Spindle Whorl
18th C Barrel Tap bit
Lead Token
17th C Spur Buckle
1610-11 James I Hammered Half-Groat
1713 Queen Anne Half-Guinea - Made from 22K West African Gold

The last time we had a Gold Coin from this category (Milled) was in 2016, we thought we might break the drought with a Vicky Half-Sov eventually but this is way rarer & fills a nice gap in the collection. :icon_thumright:

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG

Upvote 57

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats. That half guinea is right in the time frame or slighly later of those hard to find earliest sites for my area which I hope to one day find gold on

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Returned to the grass field that we finished on last Monday with 1 hammered at last knockings.
It's a field we have gridded about 40% of it in the past with just a light scattering of Hammered & 1 odd Roman silver.
Cru'dad got the hammered & we were pleased with keeping our hammered streak alive.
About 15mins before we were about to call it quits at the 5hr point, Cru'dad decided he didn't want to carry around a huge bit of iron anymore & detected past the last flag & headed to the edge. As he did, he crossed a junky area on the corner that we were not going to grid & dug this signal, thinking not another bit of junk! Out popped the Goldie. If it wasn't for the big bit of iron that coin would still be there.

1 Scrappy
1 Tudor Button
18th C Barrel Tap bit
Lead Token
17th C Spur Buckle

The last time we had a Gold Coin from this category (Milled) was in 2016, we thought we might break the drought with a Vicky Half-Sov eventually but this is way rarer & fills a nice gap in the collection. :icon_thumright:

View attachment 2084633 View attachment 2084634 View attachment 2084635 View attachment 2084636 View attachment 2084637 View attachment 2084638
I voted banner Cru'....but realized it was a Cru'dad recovery....I think congratulations are in hand!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

1 Scrappy
1 Tudor Button
18th C Barrel Tap bit
Lead Token
17th C Spur Buckle

View attachment 2084633 View attachment 2084634 View attachment 2084635 View attachment 2084636 View attachment 2084637 View attachment 2084638
Outstanding!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!🎉🎉
Pricey Exquisite Piece😁
Banner!!!!

plehbah2

May 8, 2023
Colorado mountains
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, XP Deus II
That is a very nice old coin, but I'm not sure of anyone who doesn't like an old golden coin. It's amazing how common they are compared to here in America. It seems like the guys who find the most here are detecting in the context of the early American West, and even the most fortunate hunters in that category have not found anything close to the numbers you have. I cannot believe the numbers of gold coins over there. It blows my mind. I know you are also an avid hunter and have paid your dues, but good gawd!

I have been to England several times, but never have my detector with me which I regret. I stayed once for a couple of weeks but spent most of my time boozing and sleazing around Woking where my girlfriend at the time had a flat, so I didn't find anything cool except for some rusty shrapnel around Brighton Pier.

If I ever get back there I am bringing the detector, and asking every street ruffian I encounter if they know the whereabouts of "CRUSADER" from TNet.

landmagnet

Aug 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

1 Scrappy
1 Tudor Button
18th C Barrel Tap bit
Lead Token
17th C Spur Buckle

Congrats on the gold! Maybe a new abbreviated category looming @ ON THE WAY TO UNLOAD JUNK - OTWTUJ ???

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
I voted banner Cru'....but realized it was a Cru'dad recovery....I think congratulations are in hand!
I’m still going to vote banner. I know the rules are the rules but I happen to think the spirit of that rule is to prevent people who have not contributed to the forum from parachuting in. We’ve been seeing his finds for years and I’ve seen numerous occasions where Cru’Dad has helped ID something for someone. I’d be ok with the exception to the rule so I’ll put in my vote and let the mods ignore it if that is their decision.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

1 Scrappy
1 Tudor Button
18th C Barrel Tap bit
Lead Token
17th C Spur Buckle

Awesome!
You are rewarded for your perseverance to the hobby!
Envious…!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m still going to vote banner. I know the rules are the rules but I happen to think the spirit of that rule is to prevent people who have not contributed to the forum from parachuting in. We’ve been seeing his finds for years and I’ve seen numerous occasions where Cru’Dad has helped ID something for someone. I’d be ok with the exception to the rule so I’ll put in my vote and let the mods ignore it if that is their decision.
I ended up voting banner too...
They both contribute so much to Tnet...and I nearly forgot to mention Landmag who finds their permissions!

Last edited:

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

1 Scrappy
1 Tudor Button
18th C Barrel Tap bit
Lead Token
17th C Spur Buckle

Darn Cru! Banner!! U dig so many banner worthy finds that we Yankees have become numb to. Congrats and keep on digging. Also thank you for identifing darn near everything I've dug in New Jersey that i had no idea what I've found. You sir.... Are the GOAT

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D

1 Scrappy
1 Tudor Button
18th C Barrel Tap bit
Lead Token
17th C Spur Buckle

That's what I love about gold, drop it in the ocean or dirt and 300 years later it still looks like you dropped it yesterday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread