Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$1000 bag o' halves

Scored a bag of halves from a machine today. Was a complete skunk other than a very impaired 1985S that probably won't go into the keeper pile. I was pretty leary as this bag had less than $50 in it 2 weeks ago. I was expecting a bag of dumps and that is what I got. But, you don't know if you don't go. ;D Maybe next time.

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: $1000 bag o' halves

I'm curious because none of the banks I deal with use bags. How do you know how much was in the bag 2 weeks ago? Is it connected to a coin machine or something? Please explain, i've been in the big city too long.
Good luck, maybe next time.

OP
OP
A

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

diggummup said:
I'm curious because none of the banks I deal with use bags. How do you know how much was in the bag 2 weeks ago? Is it connected to a coin machine or something? Please explain, i've been in the big city too long.
Good luck, maybe next time.

Yes it was from a coin counting machine. I was in there 2 weeks ago with the intentions of buying the bag. I inquired about how much was in the bag, so I could guesstimate how long to wait before checking again, or just simply finish filling the bag and buying it if it was close to full. This particular bank will sell bags from the machine, but only if they are full.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

diggummup Bags comes from the banks that has counters in them. The ones around here will not except coins that are rolled. They put them thur a counter. The counter keeps track of how much gose into each coin slot. Then you can buy the bag full or they will take it out and roll the coins for themselves or send them in. Hopes this helps....Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread