What's new

102nd Cavalry & West Point badge? Mayflower pin or button ? and some Silver.

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2008
Messages
1,601
Reaction score
220
Golden Thread
0
Location
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 900
102nd Cavalry & West Point badge? Mayflower pin or button ? and some Silver.

Here are my finds so far for 2011 from a bunch of short hunts. I'm finding some silver for a change, mostly dimes but I'll take them. Found a few IHs but they're beat up as usual, one looks to be shot twice. I'm not sure on the ages and what the Mayflower 1620, Essex Troops and West Point medal or pins things are ? Any input would be greatly appreciated; I might stick them on the whatsit forum. Thanks for looking!

Mayflower 1620 silver pin or button
Essex Troops 102nd Calvary (thing?)
West Point badge or medal?
Marksman CMTC pin
Misc, bunch o wheat's and some silver.

TommNJ
 

Attachments

  • 5-11 finds ed.webp
    5-11 finds ed.webp
    68.8 KB · Views: 982
  • WHATS IT STUFF.webp
    WHATS IT STUFF.webp
    74.3 KB · Views: 826
  • coins frnt.webp
    coins frnt.webp
    97.1 KB · Views: 835
  • Wheaties.webp
    Wheaties.webp
    59 KB · Views: 755
  • mayflower pin frnt.webp
    mayflower pin frnt.webp
    49.3 KB · Views: 840
Upvote 0
Re: 102nd Cavalry & West Point badge? Mayflower pin or button ? and some Silver.

:icon_thumright: many coins .nice find
 
Re: 102nd Cavalry & West Point badge? Mayflower pin or button ? and some Silver.

what is on that ring , it looks like a glass eye ? Great job on all that silver
 
Re: 102nd Cavalry & West Point badge? Mayflower pin or button ? and some Silver.

Very cool! My Dad was in the 102nd Cav. It was one of the last horse cavalry units. In 1940 or 41 the unit was Federalized and they took the horses away and gave the unit trucks and half tracks. During WW II it was a scout unit and suffered major casualties. Someone from the 102nd is credited with coming up with the design of the implement on the front of tanks that enabled the tanks to cut through the hedgerows.
 
Re: 102nd Cavalry & West Point badge? Mayflower pin or button ? and some Silver.

oldmaps said:
what is on that ring , it looks like a glass eye ? Great job on all that silver
mood ring maybe?? Is that cat's eye pendant gold? It sure looks it.
 
Re: 102nd Cavalry & West Point badge? Mayflower pin or button ? and some Silver.

Thanks for the comments and information on the 102nd Cavalry, I wish the item was complete and in better condition! Yes it's a eye ring, here is a closer pic with another one I found awhile ago. No, the cats eye pendant is only plated not sure if it's gold, no markings. The gold finds are doing a good job of staying away from my coil for now. HH.

TommNJ
 

Attachments

  • eye rings.webp
    eye rings.webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 695
Re: 102nd Cavalry & West Point badge? Mayflower pin or button ? and some Silver.

I like the crack spoon, too! Are ya sure it is old???? ;D
 
Re: 102nd Cavalry & West Point badge? Mayflower pin or button ? and some Silver.

Great finds from your end of the state!
 
Re: 102nd Cavalry & West Point badge? Mayflower pin or button ? and some Silver.

olroy70 said:
I like the crack spoon, too! Are ya sure it is old???? ;D
I think crackheads usually buy their crack already cooked up. :laughing7: Now meth heads and heroin addicts may be a different story. :dontknow: Not saying it is one but, they actually make spoons bent like that. There called curve handle (or bent) baby spoons, been around for well over a hundred years now. Here's one I sold not too long ago-

ssspoon.webp
 
Re: 102nd Cavalry & West Point badge? Mayflower pin or button ? and some Silver.

That is a super nice batch of finds!
What's on the back of that mayflower item, any hallmarks? attachment points? did you clean it, or was it found like that?
Mostly wondering if it's old, or made to look old.
Love all the buttons, you got some good'uns, Muffin ;D
 
Re: 102nd Cavalry & West Point badge? Mayflower pin or button ? and some Silver.

I was wondering about the Mayflower find to, Love it!
 
Re: 102nd Cavalry & West Point badge? Mayflower pin or button ? and some Silver.

Thanks Again all ! :icon_thumright:

Yeah, I thought that it was a baby spoon ? It is very light and it's hard to see but inside the spoon area there is a picture of a queen walking holding something and it says "The Queen was in the Pantry".

The silver Mayflower thing was ID'd on the What is it forum (thank you) as some sort of pin/brooch from the 1886 Americas Cup. No I did no cleaning on it and see no hallmarks maybe there is one between the two pieces.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,399160.0.html

TommNJ
 

Attachments

  • mayflower back.webp
    mayflower back.webp
    36.5 KB · Views: 513
Re: 102nd Cavalry & West Point badge? Mayflower pin or button ? and some Silver.

Thank you for the update & pix, congratulations on the awesome Find :o
 
Re: 102nd Cavalry & West Point badge? Mayflower pin or button ? and some Silver.

olroy70 said:
I like the crack spoon, too! Are ya sure it is old???? ;D

Can't be, any silver, or silver plated spoon wouldn't be used for drug cooking.
The silver when heated would ruin whatever drug of choice that they were
trying to cook up.
And I have no idea why I know that, just good ole city-living knowledge, I guess.
Amazing amount of really nice stuff that you dug, what's the baggage claim(?,
that says Newark?
Carl
 
Re: 102nd Cavalry & West Point badge? Mayflower pin or button ? and some Silver.

It says Y.M.C.A. NEWARK, found not to far away Newark, NJ, thanks for asking !

TommNJ
 

Attachments

  • YMCA NEWARK.webp
    YMCA NEWARK.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 444
Re: 102nd Cavalry & West Point badge? Mayflower pin or button ? and some Silver.

Nice NY State seal, civil war button.
 
Re: 102nd Cavalry & West Point badge? Mayflower pin or button ? and some Silver.

I wasn't sure, thanks for the ID on it . I found it a old park where they were digging into a hill, it came out of the ground in 2 pieces.

TommNJ
 
Re: 102nd Cavalry & West Point badge? Mayflower pin or button ? and some Silver.

WooooooW !!!!,Great Hunt :icon_thumright: Does the sliver ring have a Moonstone ?????
 
Re: 102nd Cavalry & West Point badge? Mayflower pin or button ? and some Silver.

I never heard of a Moonstone, so after googling it, yes it looks to be a Moonstone, it has like a moon face carved into it also, no hallmarks on ring looks to be sterling silver. Thanks !

TommNJ
 
Re: 102nd Cavalry & West Point badge? Mayflower pin or button ? and some Silver.

:icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom