Danimal
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Aug 16, 2006
- Messages
- 1,142
- Reaction score
- 165
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
- Detector(s) used
- duh...duh... DFX
Today I happened to meet up with Zoso in the TN chat room and after chatting a while we decided to meet and hunt for a few hours at his spot he has named the "Silver Mine" (mighty gracious of you Zoso...it WILL be reciprocated)
We didn't get started until almost 1pm, so we knew it would be a short day. Before I got my bearings and really decided a strategy, Zoso had dug a silver Washington and was hot on the trail of more silver. I kinda zigged and zagged, and decided to hunt through an edge of heavy brush into an older wooded area and right away hit two wheaties. Pouring a cup of coffee from my thermos, I swung with one arm drinking with the other and hit a nice dime target. From 3 inches or so popped out a 37 Merc. I finished the cup of coffee and started wandering around the woods like Nate would, trying to let the mojo take over...NADA....I headed back to where I set my backpack down, right next to the hole the Merc came from and got a nice signal not even 3 feet away. ACE said half....Dan said nah....changed sweep direction. ACE said half...Dan said nah....well...maybe...one way to find out, let's dig!!

Pinpointer said I was close, so I wiped away some dirt and saw that SWEET silver reeded edge..

Pulled gently to reveal a beautiful 1941 Walker (my third Walker since starting last Feb.)


Ended the afternoon with a couple silver Rosies as well as a few more wheats!
Cool finds were the gun-shaped lighter and the conche shell (just laying there in the woods)


As darkness fell, Zoso's DFX and my ACE BOTH said "dollar" coin deep on a target I found...I dug and dug, rechecking all the time...he and I BOTH continued to confirm it was a dollar on both machines...at 10" a pulltab popped out from under a rock!...wouldn't have beleived it if I hadn't seen it! I had to remove two pulltabs from next to the hole, thinking they were screwing with the pinpoint...wild hole to end a great afternoon with.

Thanks Zoso for taking me...you're a class act!!
HH all
We didn't get started until almost 1pm, so we knew it would be a short day. Before I got my bearings and really decided a strategy, Zoso had dug a silver Washington and was hot on the trail of more silver. I kinda zigged and zagged, and decided to hunt through an edge of heavy brush into an older wooded area and right away hit two wheaties. Pouring a cup of coffee from my thermos, I swung with one arm drinking with the other and hit a nice dime target. From 3 inches or so popped out a 37 Merc. I finished the cup of coffee and started wandering around the woods like Nate would, trying to let the mojo take over...NADA....I headed back to where I set my backpack down, right next to the hole the Merc came from and got a nice signal not even 3 feet away. ACE said half....Dan said nah....changed sweep direction. ACE said half...Dan said nah....well...maybe...one way to find out, let's dig!!

Pinpointer said I was close, so I wiped away some dirt and saw that SWEET silver reeded edge..

Pulled gently to reveal a beautiful 1941 Walker (my third Walker since starting last Feb.)


Ended the afternoon with a couple silver Rosies as well as a few more wheats!
Cool finds were the gun-shaped lighter and the conche shell (just laying there in the woods)


As darkness fell, Zoso's DFX and my ACE BOTH said "dollar" coin deep on a target I found...I dug and dug, rechecking all the time...he and I BOTH continued to confirm it was a dollar on both machines...at 10" a pulltab popped out from under a rock!...wouldn't have beleived it if I hadn't seen it! I had to remove two pulltabs from next to the hole, thinking they were screwing with the pinpoint...wild hole to end a great afternoon with.

Thanks Zoso for taking me...you're a class act!!
HH all
Upvote
0








