What's new

11 cents in 10 old coins!

cjon455

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2012
Messages
9,231
Reaction score
11,541
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northeast PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave and I were out on a permission seeking day, 3rd house we tried we got a yes, not too much there even though it was very old, I got 6 wheats, the pocket knife, the square do-dad thing and the hurlitzer tootsie toy, I thought that was pretty cool. We drove for a while only knocking on a few more doors, Dave ended up getting permission for us at a nice older home where a woman was cutting the grass, we only had less then an hour to detect because we had to go when she was done cutting. Anyhow, I managed a 3 more wheats and the surprise of the day :headbang:1865 2 Center!!:headbang: 20150507_153133-1.webp20150507_153151-1.webprang in a solid 10-42 on the etrac at about 4 inches!, I dug into the sidewall and pried upwards and the familiar green disk pops right out of the hole! With a big koolaid smile, I had to run over to dave and show him my find of the day! the owner was done cutting the grass so we left shortly after that, and were granted permission to come back anytime!,20150507_143250.webpwe also scouted a bit more while we were in this nice old town, dave also got us permission for next week at an EARLY 1800s home, guy said "come back next week", I got a good feeling about this town! 20150507_153023-1.webp20150507_162644.webp20150507_162632.webpnotice the top row of clad below the tootsie toy, it was shiny because it was part of a clad spill, got the heart pumping a bit at first when I thought I saw silver!, oh well next time, Thanks for looking and hh!!
 
Last edited:
Upvote 50
There's something wrong with this picture...I get the permission and you get the goods:icon_scratch: Lol. That was a great coin to see you find after the windshield time we had today. I knew there was something about that house. Wtg on the find!:icon_thumright:
 
There's something wrong with this picture...I get the permission and you get the goods:icon_scratch: Lol. That was a great coin to see you find after the windshield time we had today. I knew there was something about that house. Wtg on the find!:icon_thumright:

Thanks dave!, I'm pumped for my 3rd 2 center, but even more pumped for the potential of that town!
 
I sent Will a dropped pin for the shower house lol. He will probably work his magic. Katrina had never seen a 2 center before. She says the obverse is a beautiful coin.
 
Way to go! Like I said to ya earlier. it amazes me how awesome the 2 centers look after all that time in the dirt. I have been lucky that I found one. You found 3. Awesome! Nice to see some cleaner wheats come out of the area for a change too.
 
I sent Will a dropped pin for the shower house lol. He will probably work his magic. Katrina had never seen a 2 center before. She says the obverse is a beautiful coin.

Just took a look. I could tell you this much. It looks like it was a Parsonage House in 1869.
 
Just took a look. I could tell you this much. It looks like it was a Parsonage House in 1869.

It just has that look about it, I bet it holds the goods!
 
Wow cjon that's a fantastic 2 cent coin! Oh man I'd be ecstatic with that find, nice job!
 
Nice going on the 2center..
Thats my favorite coin of all the us minted. .
She is a beauty.
 
Wow cjon that's a fantastic 2 cent coin! Oh man I'd be ecstatic with that find, nice job!
thanks JC, it's funny how a 150 yr old copper stayed so clean

Nice going on the 2center..
Thats my favorite coin of all the us minted. .
She is a beauty.
Thanks george, they're old, but not old old, like the stuff you pull lol
 


Hey, can I get some recognition over here? Maybe an " attaboy " for MY beautiful green coin?
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431040986.130782.webp
 
Hey, can I get some recognition over here? Maybe an " attaboy " for MY beautiful green coin?
With how crappy I feel when you get skunked, this feels inappropriate lolat least you tried.webp
 
"Attaboy" That green really brings out Old Abe's Eyes
 
Lol, guys. Between the big bouncing things where Chris found his 2 center and the shower house, It was an interesting day:laughing7:
 
Lol, guys. Between the big bouncing things where Chris found his 2 center and the shower house, It was an interesting day:laughing7:

Bouncy things, lol, always send dave in when we see a cougar lol!!!
 
Nice digs man seems like the same type of site i was on the other day.

~Blaze~
 
Nice bunch of coins . Love the 2 cent piece .... mine never look that nice
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom