What's new

11 cents in 10 old coins!

cjon455

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2012
Messages
9,231
Reaction score
11,541
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northeast PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave and I were out on a permission seeking day, 3rd house we tried we got a yes, not too much there even though it was very old, I got 6 wheats, the pocket knife, the square do-dad thing and the hurlitzer tootsie toy, I thought that was pretty cool. We drove for a while only knocking on a few more doors, Dave ended up getting permission for us at a nice older home where a woman was cutting the grass, we only had less then an hour to detect because we had to go when she was done cutting. Anyhow, I managed a 3 more wheats and the surprise of the day :headbang:1865 2 Center!!:headbang: 20150507_153133-1.webp20150507_153151-1.webprang in a solid 10-42 on the etrac at about 4 inches!, I dug into the sidewall and pried upwards and the familiar green disk pops right out of the hole! With a big koolaid smile, I had to run over to dave and show him my find of the day! the owner was done cutting the grass so we left shortly after that, and were granted permission to come back anytime!,20150507_143250.webpwe also scouted a bit more while we were in this nice old town, dave also got us permission for next week at an EARLY 1800s home, guy said "come back next week", I got a good feeling about this town! 20150507_153023-1.webp20150507_162644.webp20150507_162632.webpnotice the top row of clad below the tootsie toy, it was shiny because it was part of a clad spill, got the heart pumping a bit at first when I thought I saw silver!, oh well next time, Thanks for looking and hh!!
 
Last edited:
Upvote 50
BTW, I don't think anyone mentioned the ornate little cuff link looking thing, but when I was looking at it today, I saw a lot of gilding on it. Would be a candidate for the naval jelly if it was mine!
 
Give it a shot if you want, if ya do post a pic!
 
Very nice, Chris!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom