What's new

11 cents in 10 old coins!

cjon455

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2012
Messages
9,231
Reaction score
11,541
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northeast PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave and I were out on a permission seeking day, 3rd house we tried we got a yes, not too much there even though it was very old, I got 6 wheats, the pocket knife, the square do-dad thing and the hurlitzer tootsie toy, I thought that was pretty cool. We drove for a while only knocking on a few more doors, Dave ended up getting permission for us at a nice older home where a woman was cutting the grass, we only had less then an hour to detect because we had to go when she was done cutting. Anyhow, I managed a 3 more wheats and the surprise of the day :headbang:1865 2 Center!!:headbang: 20150507_153133-1.webp20150507_153151-1.webprang in a solid 10-42 on the etrac at about 4 inches!, I dug into the sidewall and pried upwards and the familiar green disk pops right out of the hole! With a big koolaid smile, I had to run over to dave and show him my find of the day! the owner was done cutting the grass so we left shortly after that, and were granted permission to come back anytime!,20150507_143250.webpwe also scouted a bit more while we were in this nice old town, dave also got us permission for next week at an EARLY 1800s home, guy said "come back next week", I got a good feeling about this town! 20150507_153023-1.webp20150507_162644.webp20150507_162632.webpnotice the top row of clad below the tootsie toy, it was shiny because it was part of a clad spill, got the heart pumping a bit at first when I thought I saw silver!, oh well next time, Thanks for looking and hh!!
 
Last edited:
Upvote 50
Congrats on the fist full of copper. Looks like someone had fun!!!:thumbsup:
 
Nice digs man seems like the same type of site i was on the other day.

~Blaze~
Thanks Blaze, I was surprised neither of us got a silver, but hey ill take a 1865 2 center over any measley merc or roosie anyday

Nice bunch of coins . Love the 2 cent piece .... mine never look that nice
Thanks 46!, I think this is my nicest one, I also have 2 1864s

Congrats on the fist full of copper. Looks like someone had fun!!!:thumbsup:
yes sir indeed!! not as productive as I would've hoped, but site #2 where i got the 2 center was literally 25 minutes lol!!!
Remember what I told you " If we were a cartoon..." ? Lol.
actually no I don't?? lol???
 
dave I just realized that yours is a 1915 wheat, I could've sworn it was a 1919, guess my eyes are going bad lol
 
Don't try making me feel better. It is a 19...the pic is wonky.
 
Hey I read the thread and forgot what the find was....

That's my two cents!

Great find Chris. Glad to see that Old Dude left you something...
 
Finally...some real recognition.
 
Kinda looks like that guy in Noxen today, lol.
 
Great looking patina on that copper 2 center! Nice job!
 
Nice digs! I'm still looking for my first two cent piece.
 
Nice digs! I'm still looking for my first two cent piece.

Thanks, this was truly a shocker, I wasn't expecting that when I got that 10-42 at 4 inches, and I was even more surprised at how clean this one is!!
 
Last edited:
sweet 2 center. congrats!
 
Very very nice Chris. Congrats on a really killer coin. I am just glad that is was not a war nickel... whew. Good luck to both of "yous".
 
Very very nice Chris. Congrats on a really killer coin. I am just glad that is was not a war nickel... whew. Good luck to both of "yous".

Lol thanks tom!, if I do find another while out with dave, Im not telling anyone, I don't think Dave's poor heart can handle it, he's aging lol
 
The Two Cent Piece is just about my favorite coin to find. They don't always come out that clean but boy, when they do!

Lovely!
 
The Two Cent Piece is just about my favorite coin to find. They don't always come out that clean but boy, when they do!

Lovely!

Thanks gary!, they are quite awesome in my opinion!
I'll never forget the time I dug my 1st 3 yrs ago, I was w my son at the cornfield, I had no idea what they were or that they even existed, I've found 1 each of my 1st 3 yrs detecting, I know I'm quite lucky for that!

Thanks!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom